I hadn't looked at these modular buildings until now, and I have to say I like them. They remind me of the big MOCs that get me excited about Legos. Can you guys help me out by listing the models in this series, and how do you know when they are going to be discontinued to decide which order to purchase them?

Cheers

Well,

First Building in the series was 10182 Café Corner (Creator) (Mostly sold out but with luck you could get them in some lego stores in the us)

Second Building is 10185 Green Grocer (Creator). still available in most Lego Stores and will be the next building to be taken of the Market

Third Building is 10197 Fire Brigade (Creator) still available, will be taken from market next year!

Fourth Building 10211 Grand Emporium (Creator) not available yet, will be in March

the 5th Build is by some not considered part of the series is Market Street and is under the (Factory) category and not available any longer

Edited by grogall

Wow that is really amazing! When I first saw it, I thought it was another one of the amazing mocs from someone here! It looks like something they would make. With the unique window washer guy hanging on the platform and all. It is really amazing.

Wow Svelte! Someone very special at TLG must be so mad at you right now! :tongue: How did you get your version so close? (And yes, I prefer your colour scheme :grin: )

This set is really so so so brilliant, I am so glad that TLG are making more and more sets like this! They are really clueing into what AFOLs are after I think. I just love the chandelier!

Yep, since the Fire Brigade it has been cheaper to buy in the US and have it shipped here. Either get a remailer address, or make a freind in the US :-)

Yes!!! I still remember when I bought Winter Toy Shop last year, I bought it through Bricklink in US... and the cost was still cheaper than I buy it in Lego.com, Australia.... :sceptic:

This set is very impressive! I love all the neat features that make it feel like a shopping center. The scooter design is simply amazing as well. I might pick this up if I don't drown myself in every other set out this year.

This set is very impressive! I love all the neat features that make it feel like a shopping center. The scooter design is simply amazing as well. I might pick this up if I don't drown myself in every other set out this year.

I'm just hoping the escaltor has power function even though its unlikely as the front box does not show it :sad:

I'm just hoping the escaltor has power function even though its unlikely as the front box does not show it :sad:

No it hasn't... Only bricks.

Random comments:

What the heck is the weird flower piece at the top corner of the building?

What's going on in the back room behind the escalator? There's a flag grey shape, it doesn't have any breaks and it doesn't curve like any piece I can think of.

Hats! I didn't notice the hats in the other window before now.

If I made the mannequins walk around and behave like ordinary minifigs, would that be too freaky?

There are green bricks under some of the objects outside, like the brown box and the post box. Is this to make them fit in better with the green baseplates of the other sets? Because the silver grills still have beige under them.

I hope other sets will include the grassy area behind the building. It was becoming a feature.

the escalator building technique is a great idea.

they use hinge plate for the diagonal trick.

nice use of cheese slopes too for the footsteps.

for accuracy the side wall for handrails should use transparent bricks IMHO.

There's a flag grey shape, it doesn't have any breaks and it doesn't curve like any piece I can think of.

I stared at this for long too, but someone a few pages back finally made me realize it's a bad photoshop job. The 'flag' is the empty background (which isn't 'whitened' like the rest of the background), the shape is created by arches coming in from both sides, so it's an empty area behind the building covered by the floor (that extends all the way back) of the second floor. Furthermore, there's a light attached by a tap piece above the back door.

I have noticed that there are attually 2 escaltors, one from the ground to second then one going from second to third

Hm, BTW, are those chrome pieces I spot under shopwindow? ) :sweet:

gallery_1768_48_224964.jpg

Lovely, if so. ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I believe TLC has discontinued (all/most) chrome parts.

The "1x2 plates with grille" have to be metallic silver.

Lovely, if so. ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I think, and Im sure someone can correct me if Im wrong, that all of the Cafe Corner style modular buildings come with metallic grates? Or are you talking about a different piece?

This from Bricklink for the Green Grocer .....Metallic Silver Tile, Modified 1 x 2 Grill with Bottom Groove / Lip ..... I believe that 'BigDumbWookiee' is right !

for accuracy the side wall for handrails should use transparent bricks IMHO.

For accuracy there should be two escalators per floor. :tongue:

I guess the minifigs will just have to run down the 'up' escalator.

For accuracy there should be two escalators per floor. :tongue:

I guess the minifigs will just have to run down the 'up' escalator.

Second floor sells umberellas, they jump out of the window & use them Mary Poppins style to glide to the ground! :laugh:

It's pretty shocking how close the two actually are! Particularly the placement of certain objects (mailbox, plant stands) and the inclusion of a revolving door at the front entrance (allthough LEGO's version only seems to have three panels on the door).

Maybe Svelte is a "secret" LEGO designer!

This new set looks good.

I love the new minifigures along with the elevator and chandelier.

However I am a bit disappointed with some of the features especially the terrible "SHOP" sign, I was hoping for a sign which actually displayed Grand Emporium.

The bike and Ice-Cream stall are very good, nice to be getting some new transport.

This new set looks good.

I love the new minifigures along with the elevator and chandelier.

However I am a bit disappointed with some of the features especially the terrible "SHOP" sign, I was hoping for a sign which actually displayed Grand Emporium.

The bike and Ice-Cream stall are very good, nice to be getting some new transport.

I agree, when I buy this set I will probably either not put the shop sign or modify it.