Sign in to follow this  
Eskallon

EB Community Star Wars Build

I think having the technic bricks is an important feature, like you said Esk. Just for the sake of being a perfectionist/completist, say that we did meet in fantasyland and put this together, we would need two holes on one end of the wall but the other holes would need to be a few studs in and vice versa with the pins on the opposing module wall. This would mean that we keep the shape of the ship when modules are joined. This does depends on which module you're making, however.

Shall we stick to the original wall plan or add this complication in?!

Edited by chris_austin

Shall we stick to the original wall plan or add this complication in?!

Surely we stick to the plan, that already include this 'complication'. It the modules are joined, the connecting bricks need to be put in the correct places.

Do you mind if I take 6 and 10 as well?

The mess hall seems a bit small at the moment. It'd look much better if it was a bit bigger.

Do you mind if I take 6 and 10 as well?

The mess hall seems a bit small at the moment. It'd look much better if it was a bit bigger.

If there is a valid reason to make a room larger then by all means combine two 16 x 16 modules together to make a mess hall larger etc, but most rooms should quite easily fit on a 16 x 16, just take a look at the Castle Community Build to see what members have been able to squezze onto this size. :wink:

If there is a valid reason to make a room larger then by all means combine two 16 x 16 modules together to make a mess hall larger etc, but most rooms should quite easily fit on a 16 x 16, just take a look at the Castle Community Build to see what members have been able to squezze onto this size. :wink:

I know, but with it being one of, if not the biggest rooms on the ship, I thought it'd be alright to expand it. :classic:

Could I take module 34 and make it an escape pod room. If so instead of having the window facing outwards could it be the window of the escape pod? Also could I make a bunk with module 4?

4- Bunks

34- Escape Pod room

Edited by paintballa43

Shouldn't the rooms in the middle be the hangar? Oh well, I wouldn't know which other room(s) could be the mess hall anyway.

It's nice to finally see a Star Wars community build, especially a CW themed one! :sweet: Plus this is a nice way to pass the time until the next contest. :grin: I'll gladly participate, but I can't do it right away. I can only start construction after December 18. This is what I'd like to do:

33 - Droid Repair Bay

39 - Briefing/Strategy Room

40 - Main Bridge

Btw, is there a height limit for the rooms?

For more inspiration, I can advise everyone to take a look at this pic. Some ideas I had are a Jedi meditation chamber and a turbolaser cannon station.

May I have 11 and 10 for a detention block please. I already pmed you about that but I decieded I should just post it.

Shouldn't the rooms in the middle be the hangar?

I thought this too but perhaps this level is below the hangar level. First thing I did when saw this build thread, was grab my Ep3 cross-section book to look for ideas but i've gone for something simnple since this'll be my first decent MOC in years!

Shouldn't the rooms in the middle be the hangar? Oh well, I wouldn't know which other room(s) could be the mess hall anyway.

It's nice to finally see a Star Wars community build, especially a CW themed one! :sweet: Plus this is a nice way to pass the time until the next contest. :grin: I'll gladly participate, but I can't do it right away. I can only start construction after December 18. This is what I'd like to do:

39 - Briefing/Strategy Room

Is the briefing/strategy room the same as a battle strategy room? If it is, I already asked to do that, but you can do it if I can't manage to get the parts.

I'll take room 6 and I'll build Briefing rooms.

Ratshot

Sorry. I already called 6, 7 and 10.

Plus, it looks like we already have two lots of briefing rooms mentioned in the post above yours.

Sorry. I already called 6, 7 and 10.

Plus, it looks like we already have two lots of briefing rooms mentioned in the post above yours.

Then I'll take room 18,Radar room.

The rooms list really needs to be updated :pir-wink:

Edited by Ratshot

May I have 11 and 10 for a detention block please. I already pmed you about that but I decieded I should just post it.

Sorry, 10 has already been taken up by ADHO15, but I added you for 11.

The rooms list really needs to be updated :pir-wink:

Sorry about that, I have been at a friends house all night and this morning with no acess to the computer.

Is the briefing/strategy room the same as a battle strategy room? If it is, I already asked to do that, but you can do it if I can't manage to get the parts.

Yeah, that's what I meant; one of those rooms with the big round holoprojector table in the middle, like in Storm over Ryloth. I didn't see any battle strategy room on the list, and you seemed undecided (which is why you're not on the list), so I asked for it. If you're going to do the same, I guess I could do something else, but I already thought up a great design for the table, so I would very much like to do the strategy room.

So, how about the height limit, Eskallon?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yeah, that's what I meant; one of those rooms with the big round holoprojector table in the middle, like in Storm over Ryloth. I didn't see any battle strategy room on the list, and you seemed undecided (which is why you're not on the list), so I asked for it. If you're going to do the same, I guess I could do something else, but I already thought up a great design for the table, so I would very much like to do the strategy room.

So, how about the height limit, Eskallon?

Ok Oky is doing the battle strategy room as he was the first to actually sign up.

Also Oky, the height limit can be what you want.

Room 16 Must be a hanger, Destroydarce: you must do a command room on 41 and if you won't then I will have to give your place to someone else as it is a key position and I think it is more proffessional if it is.

Edited by Eskallon

Oky, would 37 not be a better briefing room? It's bigger and you could put lots of seats round it for all the clones to watch.

It's your choice. Just a suggestion. :classic:

Ok Oky is doing the battle strategy room as he was the first to actually sign up.

Also Oky, the height limit can be what you want.

Great, thanks. :classic: If you want, you can erase the "slash briefing room" part of the room description.

Destroydarce: you must do a command room on 41 and if you won't then I will have to give your place to someone else as it is a key position and I think it is more proffessional if it is.

Oh, wait, is that the one we always see in the series and movies? Because that's what I wanted to do in 40. :blush: If Destroydarce doesn't want to do it, I'd be glad to switch. :classic:

Does it even visually differ from room 40?

Oky, would 37 not be a better briefing room? It's bigger and you could put lots of seats round it for all the clones to watch.

As I already said, what I actually wanted to so is a battle strategy room, not a briefing room. Forget that I ever said briefing room. The room from Storm Over Ryloth is what I want to do. :wink:

As I already said, what I actually wanted to so is a battle strategy room, not a briefing room. Forget that I ever said briefing room. The room from Storm Over Ryloth is what I want to do. :wink:

Sure. Fine. I just thought you could get two birds with one stone. They're both very similar. :classic:

Oh, wait, is that the one we always see in the series and movies? Because that's what I wanted to do in 40. :blush: If Destroydarce doesn't want to do it, I'd be glad to switch. :classic:

Does it even visually differ from room 40?

No, No don't worry. What I mean't was that 40 and 41 have to be command rooms, you already were doing that so I only addressed Destroydarce

Sure. Fine. I just thought you could get two birds with one stone. They're both very similar. :classic:

Yeah, I know, I was thinking about it too, but there are already other people making briefing rooms, so I'll just stick with that. :wink:

No, No don't worry. What I mean't was that 40 and 41 have to be command rooms, you already were doing that so I only addressed Destroydarce

Oh good, thanks. :thumbup:

I guess this means that there will be a competition between me and Destroydarce of who creates the better command bridge. :devil::laugh: