Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Glory to the braves - Staff

th_thindexedgif.gif 95a

Hi all, it's been a long time since I last posted something here. I needed the PTV2 idea to get the right source of inspiration!

This is a little scene, very simple in both concept and realization, which can be commented by a short piece of dialogue:

Kid - Mom, who is that man?

Mother - He is the hero who saved our village from the Pirates' invasion.

ptv2_005.jpg

The Sawed-Off Shotgun is a prototype by BrickArms.

Gallery is here.

Please feel free to comment or critic.

LuxorV

Great idea LuxorV! A huge shame the staff can't enter, I'd vote for this for sure! I love the concept of people idolising this statue as there is only one man who saved the village from pirates...yet there could be any number of people in the village made from the same parts as he is just in different colours. Great job. :pir_laugh2:

Great idea! That shotgun sure must have come in handy while fighting off the pirates :pir_laugh2:

Nice idea. I really like the variety in the PTV contest, now that the violence aspect is prohibited. Too bad the weapons aren't available in the same color at the statue. Also, I don't really like the hair piece on the statue, but you probably face the same problem of part availability there. Finally, I prefer grays and bleys not mixed in one MOC, but others will undoubtedly argue it adds variety to the color scheme.

This is a very cool idea. I am working on something of a memorial MOC myself. Its nice to see people coming up with the same ideas. Unless they are your ideas than you are peeved you are not done yet! :pir-tongue:

Nice work.

-martinsuper

I really like the variety in the PTV contest, now that the violence aspect is prohibited.

We've seen a lot of great entries lately.

I really like your idea of a memorial LuxorV, its cool :thumbup:

Thanks all for the feedback. I really liked the concept that flowered in my mind and I'm glad you too like it :pir-classic:

Nice idea. I really like the variety in the PTV contest, now that the violence aspect is prohibited. Too bad the weapons aren't available in the same color at the statue. Also, I don't really like the hair piece on the statue, but you probably face the same problem of part availability there. Finally, I prefer grays and bleys not mixed in one MOC, but others will undoubtedly argue it adds variety to the color scheme.

Yes, parts availability is always one of the main problems I face when building a MOC, since I still have a quite limited range of pieces...

As for the greys/bleys mix, I principally meant it to show the pieces of pavement and roof that were restored after the battles in PTV one :pir-wink: (I too don't particoularly like to mix them, other than to acheive a well defined look like old and new stone).

LuxorV

Great Idea and execution! the only thing I dont really like is the shotgun, granted, it is cool looking, but it was never used during this time period, But you can keep it in there if ya want! :pir-classic:

Great Idea and execution! the only thing I dont really like is the shotgun, granted, it is cool looking, but it was never used during this time period, But you can keep it in there if ya want! :pir-classic:

Thanks for the comments.

Of course, I now realize the Sawed-Off Shotgun is not really the best weapon for the time (I'm not very expert on old age guns, but it's always a good thing to learn more :pir-classic: ), but it's the best thing I have in my inventory that resambles a Pirate short gun in the (almost) right colour for the statue :pir-blush:

LuxorV

I personally think that's one of the few weapons that could have held off a pirate onslaught. That... and the minigun :pir_laugh2:

Very nice, it's not often I see fig's in solid colors.

THe roof looks good too, I like the depth in it.