WesternOutlaw

GTE: Bricktober Transport

Ghost Train Entry

bricktobertransport.jpg

Transporting the promotional "Bricktober Brick" may prove more difficult than imagined for good ol' M.T. Box. Seems something has been haunting the woods near the old castle, and the freight wagon has a bit further to go before it reaches it's Halloween destination. :skull:

Another great MOC from TheBrickster! Good job, I especially like the cheese slopes on top of the beam that's holding up the Bricktober brick. It is well used to complete the MOC with nice smooth edges. Good work. :thumbup:

Well thank you Cap'n Z. You're the only one that took a moment to comment on this latest creation, which I appreciate. I must be either losing my touch, or the spooky stuff just doesn't interest our Train Fans, even this time of year. :sad:

I must be either losing my touch, or the spooky stuff just doesn't interest our Train Fans, even this time of year. :sad:

Don't worry they will come, I saw this in your sig just now.

Anyway I like it, the idea is great and with the skeleton at the back it is amazing, the small yellow fences make it look good too.

Good work and keep it up

Spookacious and well-thought out! The chains holding down the Bricktober Brick are an awesome touch! Brickster mate, your spooky stuff actually has quite a viral influence - so much that I'm considering whether I can come up with a spooky train myself!

What better way to transport a Bricktober Brick? :laugh:

I'd love to see one of your Ghost Trains Otters, as I think you have a great building style. If this inspires anyone else to create a Ghost Train, then I'd be very happy this haunting Halloween season. :classic:

Little "tid bit" about the yellow fences. They come from this 1978 set. -with a little wash in some sudsy warm water.

What better way to transport a Bricktober Brick? :laugh:

I'd love to see one of your Ghost Trains Otters, as I think you have a great building style. If this inspires anyone else to create a Ghost Train, then I'd be very happy this haunting Halloween season. :classic:

Little "tid bit" about the yellow fences. They come from this 1978 set. -with a little wash in some sudsy warm water.

haha, that is so poetic, great train car. Do you have a shot of all 3 of them hooked together?

I'd love to see one of your Ghost Trains Otters, as I think you have a great building style.

Thanks for you kind words mate :blush:

I would really have loved to actually build something - but the fact is, we've currently got 1/3 of the Town Plan, the Cafe Corner, the Toy Store and 1/2 of the Dwarves Mine just stashed in a cabinet and waiting for us both to get some time off... Been chasing quite a few deadlines these last few months, hence the total lack of MOCs. At least EB is a nice break when sitting in front of the PC 24/7. Can't complain though - at least that way we'll have more to build with once we do get a break.

So unfortunately, I'll have to pass on the Ghost Train build, even though I had an idea in my head about a Spooky Shunter with a small Haunted Depot / Shed. In any case, it's tons of fun seeing all these GTE builds and I can't wait for the end of the month to see your setup in its entirety. :wink:

Hey again!

Another nice wagon! It's extremely good to see someone still uses the good old compatibility of DUPLO® with LEGO® bricks. :classic:

By the way, your background image with the moonlight shining through the dark forest, is it a real picture you took?

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Don't worry, you havn't lost your touch.

I think people's minds are just not on LEGO trains. Either that or they are somewhere else.

I like it! Its a spooky MOC, but it has a kooky feel to it also. Its a great addition, and a MUST HAVE for any Halloween Train.

Frankly I would of at least built a hand cart, but my camera broke.

Happy hunting trick or treating!

PS: All this Train stuff is great, but I am starting to have a sweet tooth for some WW MOCs. I created one, but I must get my camera fixed :hmpf_bad: .

Its inspired by Gravestone, even though it doesn't really relate to Gravestone at all

Thanks for you kind words mate :blush:

So unfortunately, I'll have to pass on the Ghost Train build, even though I had an idea in my head about a Spooky Shunter with a small Haunted Depot / Shed.

:sad: I was hoping to see a haunted Train Engine Shed. Nice thought though.

By the way, your background image with the moonlight shining through the dark forest, is it a real picture you took?

No, just a spooky forest found on the web with a little photo editing. Great picture though, isn't it?

All this Train stuff is great, but I am starting to have a sweet tooth for some WW MOCs. I created one, but I must get my camera fixed :hmpf_bad: .

Its inspired by Gravestone, even though it doesn't really relate to Gravestone at all

It's interesting how many of us return to our favorites, and Grave Stone is definately one of mine. It's my passion, so you'll definately see me return to it sooner or later. I would love to see your Ghost Town creation, so please share when you're able to take an image.

Thanks for the feedback. :classic: