Sign in to follow this  
TheBrickHitHouse

Printed legs

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Printed legs are par for the course in other new themes - Power Miners, Agents, Atalantis

...but not Star Wars where its reserved for a handful of sets

Why?

The licence? - why would the licence prevent printed legs?

Cost? - why would it cost more to print a stormtroopers legs?

Thoughts?

Printed legs are par for the course in other new themes - Power Miners, Agents, Atalantis

...but not Star Wars where its reserved for a handful of sets

Why?

Cost? - why would it cost more to print a stormtroopers legs?

Thoughts?

Well, I don't know. I thought of the same reasons you mentioned.

But I actually read about problems with leg printings. At this time it was probably difficult to print those parts. :sadnew:

(and expensive)

That's what I guess.

I don't think so, IJ's MFs are a licence and have printed legs... I think as Star Wars has a largest variety of legs it would be too much expensive to print them.

I don't think so, IJ's MFs are a licence and have printed legs... I think as Star Wars has a largest variety of legs it would be too much expensive to print them.

Yeah but if they only did clone trooper legs or stormies it might not be so much of a problem. Heck, how would it be harder to do a clone trooper's leg when they can do so many space police legs which ar pretty detailed. What I think it is, is that each department in Lego responsible for a different theme is probobaly given a budget on how much they can do with minifigures. StarWars has a lot of molds wich probably take up most of the budget.

Yeah but if they only did clone trooper legs or stormies it might not be so much of a problem. Heck, how would it be harder to do a clone trooper's leg when they can do so many space police legs which ar pretty detailed. What I think it is, is that each department in Lego responsible for a different theme is probobaly given a budget on how much they can do with minifigures. StarWars has a lot of molds wich probably take up most of the budget.

Actually, it's the complete other way around. The license doesn't prevent it, you can see that because Han Solo and Cloud City Boba and the special Stormies has printed legs. Nothing is "hard," as you say it, but it would cost a hell of a lot more to make billions of clone and stormtrooper legs, than it would be just for one character that's in one set.

Actually, it's the complete other way around. The license doesn't prevent it, you can see that because Han Solo and Cloud City Boba and the special Stormies has printed legs. Nothing is "hard," as you say it, but it would cost a hell of a lot more to make billions of clone and stormtrooper legs, than it would be just for one character that's in one set.

I agree. Another small problem, all of us AFOL army builders would go nuts trying to buy up replacement legs for our stormies if they did offer a bp off that nature. :cry_sad: Just to get one pair off BL of printed stormie legs will set you back a pretty penny. Also, it makes sets like Imperial Inspection and Cloud City highly desirably because of those printed arms and legs. Try snagging a CC Boba... Lego has made them before for certain "important" characters, and while it wold be nice for all of the other SW minifigs... Lego is celebrating it's 10th anniversary in the line. They just started those aforementioned themes... It's would be the bley thing! :hmpf_bad:

I would watch the next few release, however, as they might swing in this new direction... I think the new Imp Pilot may be getting a new helmet, but it wouldn't "surprise" me any either to see printed legs... Although I can't think of the patterns they would use. After all, it's more like a jumpsuit anyway.

I agree. Another small problem, all of us AFOL army builders would go nuts trying to buy up replacement legs for our stormies if they did offer a bp off that nature. :cry_sad: Just to get one pair off BL of printed stormie legs will set you back a pretty penny. Also, it makes sets like Imperial Inspection and Cloud City highly desirably because of those printed arms and legs. Try snagging a CC Boba... Lego has made them before for certain "important" characters, and while it wold be nice for all of the other SW minifigs... Lego is celebrating it's 10th anniversary in the line. They just started those aforementioned themes... It's would be the bley thing! :hmpf_bad:

I would watch the next few release, however, as they might swing in this new direction... I think the new Imp Pilot may be getting a new helmet, but it wouldn't "surprise" me any either to see printed legs... Although I can't think of the patterns they would use. After all, it's more like a jumpsuit anyway.

He is getting a new helmet. It's the same as the new AT-AT pilot. If you haven't seen it yet, there are pics in the 2010 rumor topic. The helmet's a bit big, but I love it!

Lego always makes a new and worthwhile unique star wars helmet. Weather it's printed or not, it doesn't matter. I think the least accurate Lego's ever gotten with minifigs is that weird Aldar Beedo from the podracer bucket and the Ten/Nein (I forget) Numb with a flesh human head!

I think the least accurate Lego's ever gotten with minifigs is that weird Aldar Beedo from the podracer bucket and the Ten/Nein (I forget) Numb with a flesh human head!

Speaking of which I just picked up (the pod bucket) at a consignment store with a moister vaporator set mixed in for $11.00. Ack... Now I remember why I passed on that bucket-o-slop the first time. And thanks for the info. I'm not as sure I like it... The larger helmet that is... But If Lego is teasing the Defender with it, it must be pretty nice. Heck, I really just want the Defender!

I have always been wondering why Lego haven't kept on releasing Printed stormie and clone legs and I think your right there Legolas :thumbup:

Oh well, Lego, stuff the price! just do it! :tongue:

Forresto has a point about them doing Space police legs though.

Palin Jax, I hate! the price of the Printed stormie legs on BL aswell, way to High! :hmpf_bad:

CommanderFox

THis is my guess, I think it's strictly a cost issue, there is already enough going on with the Star Wars molds, plus the Star Wars license runs a premium over LEGO's other lines due to it's popularity adn proabably due to royalties going to Lucas. The price per brick is much higher ina SW set than any other license.