Brickthing

Action Figure Forum Discussion

Recommended Posts

Alright, I'll start digging my archives for old pics then.

Which also reminds me, I took pics for a few more Nexo Knight sets I haven't reviewed yet either... should get around to write these too, heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome among us, @Tyndale. If you need help, or advice to build Constraction MOCs, you should ask in the following topic : 

If you need inspiration, you can take a look at the MOC index (which our dear @TheOneVeyronian spent a lot of time working on, so props to her !).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a stupid question but i didn't feel like it's worth a whole thread but.. 
Does anybody know any moccer that does mechs in technic? 

When i try to find mechs similar like the mechwarrior universe, i get either system built mechs or CCBS mechs.. People relying on ball sockets for pretty much everything. 
What i'd want to find is like 70-100% technic only built mechs. Tiny amount of ball sockets i can live with if no other way to build it. But the whole limbs that are 100% CCBS built is not what i'm looking for. 


Example of what i mean:

On 11/18/2017 at 7:09 AM, Mechbuilds said:

UPDATE!

Final hip build finished and top torso construction update. 






This is starting to look good. I was skeptical at first how it would turn out. But it's actually resembling a mech.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you count Mindstorms robots, I don't think a lot of people build Technic mechs. I can think of @demon14082001, and Chris Kruining, (I don't know if he's a member of the forum), but it might not exactly be the building style you're looking for.

Perhaps you would have more chances to get a satisfying answer if you ask in the Technic forum :

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a question that doesn't merit a new thread (IMO): Is there a way to remove the translucent eye parts from Mata heads??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also use axles. Place one axle in the brainstalk, and a longer one in the head piece. Simply press down on the head piece, and they pop right apart. Both that and the knife method are effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might not be the right place, but I don't think it's worth a new topic... I'm finally getting around to building the G2 Makuta (ironic, I know!) and I'm finally looking at getting one of those Shapeways MOUPs. Any recommendations on the best one? There's way too many options, and then further types of materials etc. within those options. What's worked out for everybody else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.04.2018 at 5:01 AM, Dorek said:

Might not be the right place, but I don't think it's worth a new topic... I'm finally getting around to building the G2 Makuta (ironic, I know!) and I'm finally looking at getting one of those Shapeways MOUPs. Any recommendations on the best one? There's way too many options, and then further types of materials etc. within those options. What's worked out for everybody else?

For Titan version, this is the best possible option: https://www.shapeways.com/product/E884RRWG7/mask-of-ultimate-power-titan-scale?optionId=60449494

You can read comments and see some pics there. I bought mine in 'black strong & flexible' and then paint it in gold, but white version is good for painting too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PrimoUltimo said:

For Titan version, this is the best possible option: https://www.shapeways.com/product/E884RRWG7/mask-of-ultimate-power-titan-scale?optionId=60449494

You can read comments and see some pics there. I bought mine in 'black strong & flexible' and then paint it in gold, but white version is good for painting too.

Yeah, that's probably the one I'm going to go with, just not really sure of the materials to use. I don't mind spending a little extra, I just wish there were in-hand pictures of everything... maybe google will be my friend today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this is the right place to post, but I didn't think a new thread would be right and even though this is a B/S/T question it's really targeted to all you action figure folks. :classic:

I'm looking for a very specific part that was only in one set. I need 10 of them, but nobody on Bricklink in the USA has more than 1. I've scoured eBay lots and searched in detail to no avail.

Is there another place to look for Bionicle/Hero Factory parts that I am unaware of? I'm willing to buy 2 at a time if needed, but only in the USA because of shipping cost.

90608 in White.

90608.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat ! I've always wanted to build an evil version of Good guy, so that's a perfect opportunity. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2018 at 5:35 PM, Darkdragon said:

I hope this is the right place to post, but I didn't think a new thread would be right and even though this is a B/S/T question it's really targeted to all you action figure folks. :classic:

I'm looking for a very specific part that was only in one set. I need 10 of them, but nobody on Bricklink in the USA has more than 1. I've scoured eBay lots and searched in detail to no avail.

Is there another place to look for Bionicle/Hero Factory parts that I am unaware of? I'm willing to buy 2 at a time if needed, but only in the USA because of shipping cost.

90608 in White.

*snip*

I have a bunch I ordered a while back. That I'm not using. Though I'm from Canada. But if you want we might be able to work out a trade.

Edited by Leewan
Removed quoted picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.