Brickthing

Action Figure Forum Discussion

Welcome to the Forum Discussion topic, where you can post questions and suggestions related specifically to this forum and it's rules. If there's a topic or review that needs to be indexed, this is the place to request it (or PM me).

This is also the topic where I'll post about updates to topics and rules, so that everyone knows what's happening. :classic:

So, to kick things off, I give you the new BIONICLE Review Index! Any future reviews that are posted will be put it here, especially if they meet the standards of Eurobricks's Reviewers Academy. There are a few reviews that have been made but aren't on there, either because there are no pictures or the pictures are way too big. I should've already PMed each of you if you've made a review that hasn't been indexed yet, but if I've missed you, please PM me!

Secondly, I've closed the Official Artwork topic, in favour of an alternative that should hopefully improve the artwork activity in this forum. Each significant piece of artwork now merits it's own topic like MOCs and stories. Also like MOCs and stories, there needs to be an impression that you put a decent amount of time and effort into it, else it doesn't really justify it's own topic. Otherwise the first page might end up being full of sketchy stick-Toa topics, which isn't the intention of this rule change.

If you're a member that posts a lot of artwork on a regular basis or you want to share some rough drafts or doodles, you can make a topic dedicated to all your artwork, where you can post new stuff as you make it. As a general rule of thumb, if you've got more than 3 artwork topics lingering around the top of the first page, you might find them merged into one.

Finally, keep the subject of the artwork appropriate, without excessive gore or inappropriate themes. This may be an adult site, but there are better places for those kind of things than a LEGO discussion site.

Right, that's the updates for today, next coming will be the rest of the indexes to make our forum spiffy clean, and then I can get started on the good stuff!

Discuss and ask any questions you might have about these updates. :classic:

It's allowed to draw someone ripping apart someone?

Depends how graphic it is I suppose. I'll decide on a case by case basis, just don't intentionally try to put something over the top.

I've had a question that has been buzzing around in my head for the past few weeks that I'm surprised no one has asked yet:

Will the replacement line for Bionicle be added as a part of the Bionicle forums?

I know this seems like a pointless question, but still, it is simply something I feel a want to have answered.

I'm assuming the Bionicle forum will still be around to discuss Bionicle, since people still do make fanfics, artwork, and mocs.

Plus the story is still continuing into 2011, and possibly beyond.

-Omi

There are no plans of removing Bionicle from this forum, and I assume there will still be interest for it even after the story finishes.

As for the replacement, it will most likely go here, but we don't know enough about it yet. If it turns out to be Space Police IV action figures, we might fit it into the Sci-Fi forum. :sceptic:

But don't worry, I don't know anything about a massive theme overhaul here in the future. :classic:

There are no plans of removing Bionicle from this forum, and I assume there will still be interest for it even after the story finishes.

As for the replacement, it will most likely go here, but we don't know enough about it yet. If it turns out to be Space Police IV action figures, we might fit it into the Sci-Fi forum. :sceptic:

But don't worry, I don't know anything about a massive theme overhaul here in the future. :classic:

Yeah, it would probably change to Bionicle & ________________(whatever the new theme is)

Yeah, it would probably change to Bionicle & ________________(whatever the new theme is)

I dunno.

There is the Others Theme forum.

-Omi

Yes, as 3D Brickthing says we have no plans to close this forum. If (and only if) the Bionicle successor clearly fits into another theme more than Bionicle and this forum becomes inactive (that is no posts in say a month) then it'll be merged into "Other".

But I can't see this happening. I think the new theme will be made just like Bionicle, just a different story, and it'll fit in here just fine. :sweet:

Yes, that is the current plan, but we can't be sure until more details are known...

Long before the 2009 Pirates line was announced, even when there were no sets, we still had a huge quantity of great discussion going on in the Pirates forum. People MOCing, and drawing etc. as was mentioned above is still pently of reason to keep a theme forum.

Long before the 2009 Pirates line was announced, even when there were no sets, we still had a huge quantity of great discussion going on in the Pirates forum. People MOCing, and drawing etc. as was mentioned above is still pently of reason to keep a theme forum.

:blush: Now I feel stupid. A perfect example and I missed it!

Although the situation was slightly different with Pirates. First and foremost the Pirate theme had been extinct for over 7 years at the time of Pirate Forum's creation whereas the release of Bionicle products have been concurrent with the entire lifespan of the Bionicle forum.

Once again the Pirate Forum is facing a future without new Pirate sets until further notice, but will that make a difference? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

The Bionicle forum need never die, all it takes is one persistent and dedicated person to keep the wheels turning, and if there's at least one person prepared to do this others will eventually follow.

To me the Ben10 sets should be placed in this forum, renamed from Bionicle to something else.

But then I look at it in a building system sense and not a theme based sense.

It's the same with Ferrari technic sets. I would prefer them in the Technic forum.

To me the Ben10 sets should be placed in this forum, renamed from Bionicle to something else.

It's the same with Ferrari technic sets. I would prefer them in the Technic forum.

I see the point, but to divide a theme up into sub themes would be just as confusing as the current arrangement. Ultimately you can't please everyone. At least with the current rule it is clear; "Any non-Star Wars licensed theme goes in Licenced."

I see the point, but to divide a theme up into sub themes would be just as confusing as the current arrangement. Ultimately you can't please everyone. At least with the current rule it is clear; "Any non-Star Wars licensed theme goes in Licenced."

And what if there was a licenced pirate theme E.g. Pirates of the Carribean :grin:

And what if there was a licenced pirate theme E.g. Pirates of the Carribean :grin:

Space based Licensed theme known as "Star Wars"; Space? No! At first "Theater", then a sub forum, then it's own.

Action focused Licensed theme known as "Indiana Jones"; Action? No! Licensed.

Period based action theme based in the past known as "Prince of Persia"; Action? No! History? No! Licensed.

Car based theme known as "Ferrari"; Town? No! Technic? No! Licensed.

See a pattern? :wink:

But isn't Ben 10 basically a 1 year licensed theme (at the moment)? Wouldn't make sense to replace Bionicle, a 10 year theme, with a licensed theme that may be expected to last up to years.

That's like saying all Harry Potter discussion goes in Castle.

I think Ben 10 should stay in the licensed forum until it proves worthy of being placed here.

-Omi

I think Ben 10 should stay in the licensed forum until it proves worthy of being placed here.

-Omi

Ben10 will never be worthy of Bionicle. :angry::laugh: It should stay in Licensed.

Ben10 will never be worthy of Bionicle. :angry::laugh: It should stay in Licensed.

Well this forum could always be called "Action Figure Based" Forum.

or something.

-Omi

or something.

-Omi

If I'm not mistaken that was what Front had suggested. And I actually would prefer it if Ben 10 were in with BIONICLE. Considering it is a branch of the replacement line.

Well, considering Ben10 is licensed, why doesn't this become the forum for the new Theme? Since it will retain most of Bionicle's set elements, I don't see why it would make sense.

or something.

-Omi

I personally don't like this idea, as Bionicle has never really been a true action figure line, and it gives a false impression of what is capable of doing with Bionicle parts. Besides, doesn't anyone else it be a bit weird just seeing the name "Action Figure forum" on a site primarily about plastic building blocks? :sceptic: