Brickthing

Action Figure Forum Discussion

Alright, I'll start digging my archives for old pics then.

Which also reminds me, I took pics for a few more Nexo Knight sets I haven't reviewed yet either... should get around to write these too, heh.

Welcome among us, @Tyndale. If you need help, or advice to build Constraction MOCs, you should ask in the following topic : 

If you need inspiration, you can take a look at the MOC index (which our dear @TheOneVeyronian spent a lot of time working on, so props to her !).

Here's a stupid question but i didn't feel like it's worth a whole thread but.. 
Does anybody know any moccer that does mechs in technic? 

When i try to find mechs similar like the mechwarrior universe, i get either system built mechs or CCBS mechs.. People relying on ball sockets for pretty much everything. 
What i'd want to find is like 70-100% technic only built mechs. Tiny amount of ball sockets i can live with if no other way to build it. But the whole limbs that are 100% CCBS built is not what i'm looking for. 

Example of what i mean:

On 11/18/2017 at 7:09 AM, Mechbuilds said:

UPDATE!

Final hip build finished and top torso construction update. 

This is starting to look good. I was skeptical at first how it would turn out. But it's actually resembling a mech.

Unless you count Mindstorms robots, I don't think a lot of people build Technic mechs. I can think of @demon14082001, and Chris Kruining, (I don't know if he's a member of the forum), but it might not exactly be the building style you're looking for.

Perhaps you would have more chances to get a satisfying answer if you ask in the Technic forum :

I've got a question that doesn't merit a new thread (IMO): Is there a way to remove the translucent eye parts from Mata heads??

You can also use axles. Place one axle in the brainstalk, and a longer one in the head piece. Simply press down on the head piece, and they pop right apart. Both that and the knife method are effective.

Might not be the right place, but I don't think it's worth a new topic... I'm finally getting around to building the G2 Makuta (ironic, I know!) and I'm finally looking at getting one of those Shapeways MOUPs. Any recommendations on the best one? There's way too many options, and then further types of materials etc. within those options. What's worked out for everybody else?

On 7.04.2018 at 5:01 AM, Dorek said:

Might not be the right place, but I don't think it's worth a new topic... I'm finally getting around to building the G2 Makuta (ironic, I know!) and I'm finally looking at getting one of those Shapeways MOUPs. Any recommendations on the best one? There's way too many options, and then further types of materials etc. within those options. What's worked out for everybody else?

For Titan version, this is the best possible option: https://www.shapeways.com/product/E884RRWG7/mask-of-ultimate-power-titan-scale?optionId=60449494

You can read comments and see some pics there. I bought mine in 'black strong & flexible' and then paint it in gold, but white version is good for painting too.

11 hours ago, PrimoUltimo said:

For Titan version, this is the best possible option: https://www.shapeways.com/product/E884RRWG7/mask-of-ultimate-power-titan-scale?optionId=60449494

You can read comments and see some pics there. I bought mine in 'black strong & flexible' and then paint it in gold, but white version is good for painting too.

Yeah, that's probably the one I'm going to go with, just not really sure of the materials to use. I don't mind spending a little extra, I just wish there were in-hand pictures of everything... maybe google will be my friend today.

I hope this is the right place to post, but I didn't think a new thread would be right and even though this is a B/S/T question it's really targeted to all you action figure folks. :classic:

I'm looking for a very specific part that was only in one set. I need 10 of them, but nobody on Bricklink in the USA has more than 1. I've scoured eBay lots and searched in detail to no avail.

Is there another place to look for Bionicle/Hero Factory parts that I am unaware of? I'm willing to buy 2 at a time if needed, but only in the USA because of shipping cost.

90608 in White.

90608.png

Neat ! I've always wanted to build an evil version of Good guy, so that's a perfect opportunity. :laugh:

On 16/05/2018 at 5:35 PM, Darkdragon said:

I hope this is the right place to post, but I didn't think a new thread would be right and even though this is a B/S/T question it's really targeted to all you action figure folks. :classic:

I'm looking for a very specific part that was only in one set. I need 10 of them, but nobody on Bricklink in the USA has more than 1. I've scoured eBay lots and searched in detail to no avail.

Is there another place to look for Bionicle/Hero Factory parts that I am unaware of? I'm willing to buy 2 at a time if needed, but only in the USA because of shipping cost.

90608 in White.

*snip*

I have a bunch I ordered a while back. That I'm not using. Though I'm from Canada. But if you want we might be able to work out a trade.

Edited by Leewan
Removed quoted picture

I guess this has overlap here and is relevant at the same time. Lego is running a Bionicle contest. I feel this has an extremely high chance of being used to judge interest in buildable action figures, the activity and desires of the community and the general desire to pursue future Lego action figures in future - potentially even extending to a Bionicle Gen 3.

If you have an interest in Bionicle or are aware of someone who does, getting them to enter this contest would help demonstrate an active action figure/Bionicle community and could shape the direction of Lego's action figures in future.