Brickthing

Action Figure Forum Discussion

How do the tags work if I may ask? The first post on this thread doesn't hold any info on them. Can I find info about them anywhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Here you go.

VBBN: the updates look great, thanks!

Edited by wghost

I hope that this is the right place to ask this question, but I have recently been exposed to the wonder of Bioicle Gen1, and was hoping to get some of the old sets off Bricklink, and I was wondering, who I should I buy first? A Mata, a Nuva, a Metru, something completely different...any input?

I hope that this is the right place to ask this question, but I have recently been exposed to the wonder of Bioicle Gen1, and was hoping to get some of the old sets off Bricklink, and I was wondering, who I should I buy first? A Mata, a Nuva, a Metru, something completely different...any input?

Not really the best place (I would have recommended making a new topic), but I will go ahead and say that I would recommend getting one of the Mata and one of the Metru to start off with. From then you should just pick whatever you think looks cool. I would also recommend checking out BioSector01 and the BioMedia Project, as both of those should help you follow the story.

Not really the best place (I would have recommended making a new topic), but I will go ahead and say that I would recommend getting one of the Mata and one of the Metru to start off with. From then you should just pick whatever you think looks cool. I would also recommend checking out BioSector01 and the BioMedia Project, as both of those should help you follow the story.

Thanks. I guess I will start a new topic.

And yeah, I was looking at a Mata or a Metru. Thanks for your input!

Friendly remider that now that all the 2016 bionicle reviews are done, the review index could use an update. :classic:

More updates are on the way!

And everyone welcome our second Action Figure Regulator TheOneVeyronian who has been helping behind the scenes the past year and will continue to help bring awesome new things to the Action Figures part of this community!

Bionicle's 2nd end really caused the fandom, at least here on EB, to slow down for the time being- pair that with only two new sets currently in the Star Wars BF line, we are definitely on a slow part of the roller coaster, but rest assured we are working on bring new things to the community in the coming months to bring some excitement for the Action Figures forum, and to give the community something to do while we await Lego's next move with constraction. 

Thanks to the Mixels and their new joints, I've shifted my focus in constraction from CCBS to brick-built constraction recently, but with some inspiration, I might eventually return to CCBS again.

I'm looking forward to the things you're preparing for the constraction forum, VBBN.

And I am happy to announce that the MOC index is finally complete! It has been a long time coming, and I want to give a massive thank you to @TheOneVeyronian for her dedication and help in getting this index up to speed and ready for you all to view, as well as the continued help from @Leewan on the index and forums. Constraction sets may not be coming out in full force from Lego currently, but I hope that taking a trip down MOCing memory lane will bring about some inspiration for new and exciting creations over the next few months. 

For the next few weeks I will keep the MOC index pinned for easy access and for all to see. However, as with our other indexes, you can find a link to it directly in the first post of this thread.

Stay tuned for more to come!

Big thanks to you fellows! What an excellent nostalgia trip that was, seeing old creation from friends and myself, some that I was forgotten completely; Good memories.

There's lot of medium sized CCBS MOCs, so it seems that te goal to make action figure building more easily approachable with the new system succeeded. But we of course knew that already.

I also just browsed through the index, and there were an amazing amount of great MOCs I hadn't seen until now.

It also reminded me that I still haven't gotten around to upload new pics of the one MOC I once posted here. And the other TF MOCs that followed...

On 7/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, ZORK64 said:

I also just browsed through the index, and there were an amazing amount of great MOCs I hadn't seen until now.

I know, right? That's the phenomenal thing about creating a MOC index for a forum like this one; it gives you a pass to see back into the creativity of folks who haven't been active in years; heck, sometimes a decade.

@VBBN  I'd be happy to help out with reviewing a few of the Star Wars constraction sets, if that sort of deal is what you guys are looking for. Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if you guys hadn't covered many of the 2017 sets yet with everything that you've been doing, so I could totally review a few and get them in the index. I've been going through the "Reviewer's Academy" over here, so just mention if you want a certain review done.

On 7/31/2017 at 1:32 PM, Azani said:

@VBBN  I'd be happy to help out with reviewing a few of the Star Wars constraction sets, if that sort of deal is what you guys are looking for. Honestly, I wouldn't be too surprised if you guys hadn't covered many of the 2017 sets yet with everything that you've been doing, so I could totally review a few and get them in the index. I've been going through the "Reviewer's Academy" over here, so just mention if you want a certain review done.

Feel free to make reviews at any time. Reviews her in the index are for reviews from any and all members, I have just been the main person reviewing as of late. I have reviewed a large amount of sets because they were sent to us from Lego, though recently the sets they have offered to Eurobricks have not been Constraction so I haven't gotten around to reviewing anything. But anyone else is always free and encouraged to post their own reviews, too. 

On 8/7/2017 at 9:11 PM, VBBN said:

Feel free to make reviews at any time. Reviews her in the index are for reviews from any and all members, I have just been the main person reviewing as of late. I have reviewed a large amount of sets because they were sent to us from Lego, though recently the sets they have offered to Eurobricks have not been Constraction so I haven't gotten around to reviewing anything. But anyone else is always free and encouraged to post their own reviews, too. 

Fantastic! Do the sets need to be MISB prior to the review, or am I in the clear to review sets that I have already opened, assuming that I still have the packaging and instructions?

3 hours ago, Azani said:

Fantastic! Do the sets need to be MISB prior to the review, or am I in the clear to review sets that I have already opened, assuming that I still have the packaging and instructions?

I've been on EB for quite a long time and I've never come across this requirement. As long as the pictures and are organized well, I think that reviewing opened sets is fine! We've seen quite a few reviews of older Bionicle sets once in a while. Just take a look at some of the existing reviews for reference as to how to organize/format your review and what kind of pictures to include; VBBN's reviews are the gold standard IMO.

7 hours ago, Azani said:

No, it does not have to be MSIB. As long there is a basic organsing structure which comprise of introduction, body and conclusion which accompany with nice clear photos and thoughts. It will be good to go. Packaging, instructions ans box are bonus. Just that most reviews are done being MSIB in recent years. I used to review those old Classic Town reviews from my childhood sets. Go ahead and do what you enjoy. 

4 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

I've been on EB for quite a long time and I've never come across this requirement. As long as the pictures and are organized well, I think that reviewing opened sets is fine! We've seen quite a few reviews of older Bionicle sets once in a while. Just take a look at some of the existing reviews for reference as to how to organize/format your review and what kind of pictures to include; VBBN's reviews are the gold standard IMO.

1 hour ago, WhiteFang said:

No, it does not have to be MSIB. As long there is a basic organsing structure which comprise of introduction, body and conclusion which accompany with nice clear photos and thoughts. It will be good to go. Packaging, instructions ans box are bonus. Just that most reviews are done being MSIB in recent years. I used to review those old Classic Town reviews from my childhood sets. Go ahead and do what you enjoy. 

Alrighty; thank you for the clarification. :) As an extremely new guy in this particular community, I wanted to play it a little safe, as I wasn't sure if all of the existing reviews that I had seen were at a level of quality that was ideal; further, there are many that were made quite some time ago and thus may have been held to a different standard.

I have a copy of 75532 that I may be reviewing shortly...

Edited by Azani

22 minutes ago, Azani said:

I have a copy of 75532 that I may be reviewing shortly...

Oh, don't bother with that one, I'm already in the process of writing a review of it. :classic:

I may anyways; I've already started. :)

Any that you're not doing at the moment?

Just now, Azani said:

I may anyways; I've already started. :)

Okay, I simply wanted to spare you a lot of work. :tongue: I think it would be better if we manage to cover different sets instead of focusing on the same set.

Just now, Azani said:

Any that you're not doing at the moment?

Every other set that hasn't been reviewed yet. :laugh: So, IIRC, the TFA sets, the RO sets (minus the Death Trooper), and the Stormtrooper Commander. Although @VBBN may want to review some of these.

I think I took pictures of a few Hero Factory Sets that I forgot writing reviews for. I could probably cook up a review or two, assuming there's actually any interest on a set that's numerous years old by now.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:52 PM, ZORK64 said:

I think I took pictures of a few Hero Factory Sets that I forgot writing reviews for. I could probably cook up a review or two, assuming there's actually any interest on a set that's numerous years old by now.

I for one kinda dig reviews on old sets. They fill me with nostalgia. 

Yeah, old reviews are always a good thing. A review isn't exclusively to give comments on a new set that's available- they are also to showcase a set in a way that we can come back at any year and see how that set looked, what parts it came with, etc. I know there are many people here who became interested in Bionicle around G2 or Hero Factory and don't know much about older sets, always worth making a review. Plus, many older sets were never given proper reviews because they weren't available in the golden age of reviewing. 

Reviews can can be done by anyone, not just those in the Academy. Reviews that we list in the AF Review index are reviews we deem to be of a quality worthy of indexing. And as it has always been- more than one person can review a set. One review is one persons opinion, but there are many others who would like to showcase a set too.