Duq

EB Tech Help

I guess it's Windows, if that's a browser. I'm not exactly an expert, and I don't really know what a lot of these things are.
By browser he means the program you use to browse the internet. Some examples of a web browser are Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox. :wink:

Also, Windows and Macintosh are operating systems.

I'm one and a half years younger than you but I know this stuff (I'm not an expert either)! :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

I guess it's Windows, if that's a browser. I'm not exactly an expert, and I don't really know what a lot of these things are.

I can't even try to help you unless you can tell me that, but chances are if you don't know then you are using I.E. See one of these in your window?

internet_explorer.png

Let Siegfried, our EB Computer Resident knows the IE version too. I believe the latest IE Browser right now is IE8.

Go under Help, and click "About Internet Explorer" to see your current version.

I tried those earlier, and neither worked.

I guess I need to do that when you are logged on?

Um...In simpler terms, please? :blush: That does sound right, though, that it is not updating the page and is instead loading from memory.

If you are using Internet Explorer.

Go to Tools> Internet Options>Delete Files.

This will delete all our internet stores files, minus passwords and stuff like that.

Most of the time this will fix cache issues like this.

I can't even try to help you unless you can tell me that, but chances are if you don't know then you are using I.E. See one of these in your window?
Yep, got that.
Go under Help, and click "About Internet Explorer" to see your current version.
I did, and it does say it's IE8.

Big Cam, I might try that in a minute, and see what it does.

I noticed there is no tool bar or smiley selection when I go to make a post or PM. When I press edit there is no choice between full and quick. You're automatically taken to full edit. My "Incoming PM" box opened differently. I'm utterly confused. Is this a new change? A glitch I'm having?

Thanks,

JCC1004

There have been no changes. It seems to be a glitch at your end... and one that I've never encountered.

There have been no changes. It seems to be a glitch at your end... and one that I've never encountered.

That's weird. It's working fine now after I rebooted. :wink:

That's weird. It's working fine now after I rebooted. :wink:

I think I had this problem once myself, and I probably used the same solution. Dunno what could be causing it, though. :sceptic:

The only differance I see is in your text color choice, it was green, then purple for a while, now black bold and then green again :wacko:

But no, I have not had this problem.

The only differance I see is in your text color choice, it was green, then purple for a while, now black bold and then green again :wacko:

But no, I have not had this problem.

The purple change was just me messing with The Crazy One. I also wanted to change for awhile, purple is also my second favorite color. The bold was because the tool bar was missing (the reason why I made this) I could manually type the bold code but the color code is far to complex for me to remember.

This problem is resolved. If someone wants to close it go ahead.

Speaking of changes... When did EuroBricks get RSS feeds?

Speaking of changes... When did EuroBricks get RSS feeds?

Recently. Shhhh! Secret! :grin:

This problem is resolved. If someone wants to close it go ahead.

Cool. :sweet:

Hi! I noticed a worrying phenomenon yesterday and today that not all of my posts here go through. I click "Reply" normally and type in the post, but when I click "Add Reply", it jumps to the frontpage and not to the thread I've replied into. I then have to go back to my post and click the button again for it to go through.

I'm not sure if it does this every time I try to reply, though, but it has happened at least four times already. This hasn't happened in any of the other forums I go to, though.

I upgraded my Mozilla Firefox to a new version a few days ago, so it could be because of that, but has anybody else encountered this problem here? Can I do anything to fix it, maybe?

I appreciate any help you can give me, because it's quite annoying to have to go through such a hassle just to get a post through. Thanks in advance!

Edit: it happened again as I tried to post this topic for the first time.

Haven't experienced anything resembling that. I'm on Firefox 3.5.8 under Win7. Let's see if anyone else has had this problem.

Sandy, I was using my laptop for the past 24 hours yesterday or so, with the upgraded version of Firefox inside Window 7.0 (Basic), which was recently prompted users to upgrade it. Till this moment, I have not experienced the above scenario or anything similar for the time being. I will take note of it, but I will encourage similar Firefox users to share their experience to ascertain if its a linked or isolated incident.

I'm on the latest version of Firefox on Vista 32-bit. I haven't experienced anything like this. When did it start happening (might have something to do with the new server).

When did it start happening (might have something to do with the new server).

Like I said, I first noticed it yesterday, but I wasn't able to get here much during the weekend, so the problem could've appeared then already.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to hope it passes... :sceptic:

Did you try to delete cookies for Eurobricks yet? No specific reason to expect that to work, but you never know.

Thanks for the suggestions, but nothing I've done so far has helped with the problem. Sometimes my posts go through normally, but mostly I still have to go back and click the "Add Reply" button again.

I'll try another browser tomorrow, to see if that helps. :sceptic:

Recently I changed my forum preferences for 'watched topics', under View/Posting/Email Prefs, to 'no email notifications'. There is a checked mark next to 'watched topics' does this need to be uncheckmarked before the board stops sending me emails?

I don't know where to find information on this on Eurobricks itself! :wacko:

Recently I changed my forum preferences for 'watched topics', under View/Posting/Email Prefs, to 'no email notifications'. There is a checked mark next to 'watched topics' does this need to be uncheckmarked before the board stops sending me emails?

I don't know where to find information on this on Eurobricks itself! :wacko:

yes, you want to uncheck the "watched topics" checkbox. That is like subscribing to a thread. Typically you only want to watch topic you are very interested in and want the notifications.

Even after unchecking that, you'll want to go to your profile and UNwatch the threads you've already been subscribed to.

In your user proflie, in the upper right corner, click edit profile.

Then click forums

Then under View/posting/email preferences, disable the watch every topic box.