Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

LEGO Star Wars from 1992...

i think i saw this a while back...

anyway, it's brilliant! :oD

sure, it's very old stuff, not particularly sophisticated or realistic, but he did a great job!

as a kid i also tried to build the x wing (who didn't!) but i never did all these mocs! i'd really like to see that isd from up close!

Cool, isn't it? The best part are the ghosts which are supposed to be snowtroopers; Best of all is the ISD he made back then; almost a lookalike of what LEGO launched themselves...

Well for the pieces of lego that were available at the time i think that this is by far the best moc's of its time, as for that ISD that is a thing of beauty and i doubt many of us could do better.

Tks for sharing that Hobbes :oD

Yep this thing is sooooooo brilliant !!!!! LOts of great ideas and custom figs !! Yoda is soo cute *wub*

The ships and dioramas are just astounding, especially for that time ;)

*yoda*

I like Leia's room in Cloud City. Well done. It even has this strange spiral sculpture in the middle.

Wow... I give this guy so much credit for pretty much starting it all!... That is amazing..Who would have thought it could be done before LEGO? well there it is in its full form of brilliance.............!

The building are amazing, I would never be able to build those :oD . I really love the inside of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

Wow, that's great! :-D

It's kind of like seeing the story told with those Ralph McQuarrie visualization paintings, before the looks of the characters, beasts, and tech were totally nailed down all the way.

Great use of the parts of the time nuts.GIF

yes i have seen this many times but i have seen the 1992 part in it thats amazing

Fantastic! Some of his ships are spitting images for the official versions that Lego later made themselves..... poor fellow was ahead of his time!

I REALLY like the way he did Yoda. I have often wished Lego's version was more like that, with the standard minifig-shaped head. Booooo to too-realistic molded heads!

i love those. some of those models, like the millenium falcon, if it were bulit today, would be considered great. it is hard to imagine how many pieces that we take for granted today were not around then. i also love the minis that he made