Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Star Wars Bounty Hunter Bossk

Hello dear fellows!

Besides my main interest - this being building MINI models - I also like building minifigures, but with official pieces only. I am not good in customizing like painting, thus I stick to what I can do. By use of only official pieces I create minifigures without glueing, sawing or paiting. It's a different approach which sometimes a bit of imagination, but in most cases it works. :classic:

Today, I'd like to present my brick-built bounty hunter Bossk to you which you might have seen in The Empire Strikes Back. He also appears in several comics and books. Normally I would have used that croc head from Batman, however, someone else already had that idea. As I always respect my fellow builders' works, I had to find a different solution. :classic:

bossk-1.jpg

bossk-2.jpg

He's completely made of bricks, no typical minifigure pieces have been used. I used that little Bionicle head, dark green robot arms and tooth plates to realize the parts where you can see his skin. I also tried to imitate his weapon of choice by only using bricks.

If you're interested in more brick-built minifigures, you're more than welcome to have a look. :classic: But please not that many of them were designed before an official version of LEGO® existed and might look unnecessary today. :sad:

Nonetheless, have a great week-end!

~ Yours Christopher

Hey Christopher,

I really like this figure. AFOL's sometimes discuss the fact if a minifig can be a MOC. I believe a minifig can be a MOC, and your minifig definately proves this. I know much of your work, and apreciate the purist approach. I'm not a big fan of decals and such. I like a good customised minifig, but I probably will never customize a minifig myself. So I love to see figs with such a great purist aproach.

~Badboy

Legostein, this is a unique and interesting creation. I am a big fan of all things Bounty Hunter when it comes to Empire Strikes Back and also read a few books as well. I think you have done a great job on brick building this great character who left a lasting impression with only a few seconds of air time.

Good job, now I am off to check some of your other creations. :classic:

Hello,

and thank you for the kind replies! It's great to have found people who think alike here. :classic: With more and more Star Wars figures being officially released, it's more and more hard to find some space to build. But there are other themes fortunatley. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher