Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystical Castle - Day 8

00day8.jpg

An owl hooted in the distance, and the eerie scratching of branches faintly penetrated the quiet of the grand hall. Then... faint footsteps. A figure approached.

02day8.jpg

Lieutenant Victor confidently strode out into the grand hall, stopping before the throne, where he paused to look around.

03day8.jpg

"I should probably head for bed, now that I've dealt with the Captain", Victor muttered to himself. "The old fool had it coming to him."

Suddenly, Victor heard a noise of too his right. Turning, he was shocked to see a spear flying towards him at high speed.

04day8.jpg

"Hey, what the hell do you think you're-GAHH!", he cried, as the spear skewered his head, sending him toppling backwards.

05day8.jpg

With a mighty crash, the Lieutenant hit the floor, dead before he'd hit the ground. Blood gushed from his mutilated head.

06day8.jpg

In the darkness of the west doorway, a robbed figure looked on in satisfaction at a job well done...

07day8.jpg

As the morning light strolled through the halls of the castle, the residents came to meet once more in the grand hall. Their numbers were certainly beginning to dwindle.

08day8.jpg

The residents gradually trickled in to gather around the body of Victor. Nobody looked surprised however, they had come to expect someone to find a body in the hall each morning. The fear of everyone was, would they be next?

09day8.jpg

The King went to stand in front of his throne and delivered the daily Grim news.

"Unfortunately I don't have anything good to tell you today. As you ca see, Lieutenant Victor was brutally murdered by a dragon last night on his way back to bed after dealing with Captain Geoffrey, who you convicted yesterday. My people have been at work, and have found both of these men to be loyal Citizens. Captain Geoffrey has been executing the convicted person each day as well, so I have appointed someone else to do that now. I hope you don't make a mistake again today, we don't want to lose any more innocent lives."

The people looked around in dismay at having been wrong about Captain Geoffrey, before beginning their discussions anew...

10day8.jpg

A majority vote of 5 votes is required to convict.

Rules of Play

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.

- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.

- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.

- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.

- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.

Characters and Players

ralf.jpg Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman

hugh.jpg Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang

peter.jpg Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois

thomas.jpg Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon

richard.jpg Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker

agnes.jpg Agnes (Maid) played by Striker

nicholas.jpg Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick

walter.jpg Chef Walter played by JimButcher

The Deceased

ethel.jpg Ethel (Maid) played by Adam (Citizen): Convicted, Day 1

william.jpg Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley (Neutral): Convicted, Day 2

gilbert.jpg Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz (Citizen): Killed, Night 2

sirion.jpg Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows (Citizen): Convicted, Day 3

margaret.jpg Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs (Citizen): Killed, Night 3

beatrice.jpg Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher (Dragon): Convicted, Day 4

juliana.jpg Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice (Citizen): Killed, Night 4

simon.jpg Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone (Dragon): Convicted, Day 5

rohesia.jpg Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy (Citizen): Killed, Night 5

edward.jpg Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx (Dragon): Convicted, Day 6 - Escaped

francis.jpg Francis the Friar played by Svelte (Citizen): Killed, Night 6

geoffrey.jpg Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate (Citizen): Convicted, Day 7

victor.jpg Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man (Citizen): Killed, Night 7

I'm alive... I can't believe it...

But I feel for both Victor and Geoffry... I knew Victor was innocent, but now I feel bad for Geoffry...

Alright, Captain Mallory, your investigations are obviously screwy. Do you mind telling us who you investigated last night?

And, I'm voting for Richard again today. I have already told you all why, I just need you to follow if you want another Dragon dead.

Vote: Richard/ Ricecracker

Well, this is disappointing. Two loyals dead, and my investigation is proven to be unreliable. I still feel that Peter the servant is a Dragon, but can't go only on my investigative results.

Last night I investigated to Ambassador Simnel again to see if I was just getting a pattern regardless of loyalties, and got the same results as before, thus breaking the pattern.

Yesterday the general consensus was that we should vote off Richard the Guard after Geoffrey. Is that still what everyone wants to do? If not, I would ask you all to consider Peter.

Firstly, chef, you have not presented any evidence except for a few suspicions from a deceased man (Bless his soul).

Secondly, Lieutenant Victor was one of my strongest supporters - why in hell would I kill him?

Answer these questions and maybe I'll understand why you're voting for me. :hmpf:

Firstly, chef, you have not presented any evidence except for a few suspicions from a deceased man (Bless his soul).

Secondly, Lieutenant Victor was one of my strongest supporters - why in hell would I kill him?

Answer these questions and maybe I'll understand why you're voting for me. :hmpf:

Alright, I'll say it all again: :hmpf:

- You were suspected by numerous persons, most of which are now dead. These included Ambassador Vipont, Lady Dufay, and Francis the Friar.

- You have yet to vote for a single Dragon, when you've had numerous opportunities to do so.

- You defended Edward on Day 6.

- You are pestering me with potato messages, accusing me of being a Dragon, apologizing, and trying to suck up to me over and over... and over again.

- You have bogus "investigation" results.

...among other reasons. And perhaps you killed Victor just so you could come up with that excuse, because you came up with it pretty quickly (just now, right after the day started).

- You were suspected by numerous persons, most of which are now dead. These included Ambassador Vipont, Lady Dufay, and Francis the Friar.

For the last time, Vipont never said anything about me, Lady Dufay said my name once, as a suspicion, just like we've all said about each other, and the Friar did get three right, but was bound to get at least one wrong, being me.

- You have yet to vote for a single Dragon, when you've had numerous opportunities to do so.

Again, I prefer not to vote without evidence.

- You defended Edward on Day 6.

Same as above

- You are pestering me with potato messages, accusing me of being a Dragon, apologizing, and trying to suck up to me over and over... and over again.

And you aren't!? You're the one who started sending me these messages.

- You have bogus "investigation" results.

No, I don't. They are real.

...among other reasons. And perhaps you killed Victor just so you could come up with that excuse, because you came up with it pretty quickly (just now, right after the day started).

Why would I do that? Maybe I'm just able to figure out how the Dragons are playing you. :hmpf:

For the last time, Vipont never said anything about me, Lady Dufay said my name once, as a suspicion, just like we've all said about each other, and the Friar did get three right, but was bound to get at least one wrong, being me.

I talked to Vipont before he died. As I said via potato message to you, you were #1 on his suspect list. And how would you know if the Friar would be wrong (about anybody)?

Again, I prefer not to vote without evidence.

Don't make me laugh. So Lady Harcourt lying this whole time, and turning out to be a Dragon isn't evidence? And Francis being right three times isn't evidence? And why are you so hesitant on voting (Dragons)? Would you rather have it be a shot in the dark when we can't come to a conviction?

Same as above

Yet you voted Francis based on... what evidence was that again? :hmpf:

And you aren't!? You're the one who started sending me these messages.

Pah. Do you really want to continue lying? As I recall, you asked me what I thought about your "results", and then tried to suck up to me.

No, I don't. They are real.

Really? Then could you tell me why, for some reason, Simon came out as innocent to you, regardless of your sanity?

Why would I do that? Maybe I'm just able to figure out how the Dragons are playing you. :hmpf:

The only one that's manipulating here is you.

I talked to Vipont before he died. As I said via potato message to you, you were #1 on his suspect list. And how would you know if the Friar would be wrong (about anybody)?

Why should we believe you?

Don't make me laugh. So Lady Harcourt lying this whole time, and turning out to be a Dragon isn't evidence?

Against who?

And Francis being right three times isn't evidence? And why are you so hesitant on voting (Dragons)? Would you rather have it be a shot in the dark when we can't come to a conviction?

No, thats luck.

Yet you voted Francis based on... what evidence was that again? :hmpf:

There was much more evidence against him than Edward, including being at the top of Vipont's list, which we can actually confirm.

Pah. Do you really want to continue lying? As I recall, you asked me what I thought about your "results", and then tried to suck up to me.

Funny, why don't you stop lying?

Really? Then could you tell me why, for some reason, Simon came out as innocent to you, regardless of your sanity?

I don't know, those were the results I received.

The only one that's manipulating here is you.

No, it's you.

Why should we believe you?

Well, I think I'm a lot more trustworthy than you at this point.

Against who?

You. This all relates to you being a Dragon. Don't make me repeat what I just said above.

No, thats luck.

Really? No, there is no luck in these games... of life. Francis was making observations, piecing together clues, and making accusations where appropriate. He turned out to be right. How dare you call that luck!

There was much more evidence against him than Edward, including being at the top of Vipont's list, which we can actually confirm.

Can you confirm that? I recall Vipont apologizing for attacking Francis all those days ago.

Funny, why don't you stop lying?

:hmpf: Would you like to me quote the entire conversation?

I don't know, those were the results I received.

That happened to help out Simon? Right. :hmpf:

No, it's you.

How childish.

I rest my case. Good citizens of Matidoer, I leave it to you to decide whether or not Richard is a Dragon. We could have convicted him yesterday, and our failure was represented by Victor's death. So, I strongly urge you all to convict him today, or we're all doomed. I hope you make the right choice.

You. This all relates to you being a Dragon. Don't make me repeat what I just said above.

I still can't fathom what lady Harcourt being a Dragon has to do with me being one, so, yes, if it'll help, please repeat what you've said above.

I rest my case. Good citizens of Matidoer, I leave it to you to decide whether or not Richard is a Dragon. We could have convicted him yesterday, and our failure was represented by Victor's death. So, I strongly urge you all to convict him today, or we're all doomed. I hope you make the right choice.

What case? People, listen to this man, he is answering my questions with answers that don't make sense, he is clearly distraught. I urge you to look at what he has said, and realize that it does not make sense. I am not a Dragon. There is no evidence that I am because I am not.

Richard, who have you investigated over the last few nights? After revealing your supposed ability, you haven't given us much information.

Seeing as I am tired I will be taking a nap... but before I do

Vote: Richard/Ricecracker

For reasons mainly stated by the chef.

I will post more once im done with my nap.

Richard, who have you investigated over the last few nights? After revealing your supposed ability, you haven't given us much information.

Last night I investigated Peter, and found him to be guilty, and the night before I investigated Agnes, and found her to be guilty as well. I just thought since it didn't seem like anyone could decipher that I didn't need to bother stating them.

Richard, I realize now what you're saying.

You're a Dragon. :classic:

Vote: Richard/Ricecracker

You realize what I'm saying? If you realized what I'm saying, you wouldn't vote for me :hmpf:

For reasons mainly stated by the chef.

Those reasons are unfounded. Please, think before you act.

It's clear that at least one of you three (Peter, Agnes, Chef Walters) - if not more - are Dragons.

Vote: Peter/ Darth_legois

It's clear that at least one of you three (Peter, Agnes, Chef Walters) - if not more - are Dragons.

Clear? CLEAR?!

The only thing clear here is you! We can see right through you and your lies! :angry:

So, because we're standing up against a Dragon that makes us all scum does it?

So I guess that means that Lady Papelion was scum because she was crushed by a couple turkeys and some potatoes? And what about Francis? Because he told the truth, and that made him scum?! :angry:

See what I mean? He's talking crazy, even though I'm supposed to be the crazy one here! He's randomly accusing castle Staff, just because we're voting for him! To me, it looks like a desperate attempt to make people go after us! I can assure you I have NO night action, as I've clearly stated before. I wouldn't be very useful as a Dragon if I don't have a night action! So, Richard, why don't you use your "investigator powers" to investigate a couple of us "Scummy Staff" and see what your results come up as?

Oh, please. :hmpf:

I would like you to prove your investigative night action, please. Any proof you can give us? Considering you're "on our side", maybe you should share your results.

Clear? CLEAR?!

The only thing clear here is you! We can see right through you and your lies! :angry:

I am not lying.

So, because we're standing up against a Dragon that makes us all scum does it?

No, read what I've said in all the past days.

So I guess that means that Lady Papelion was scum because she was crushed by a couple turkeys and some potatoes? And what about Francis? Because he told the truth, and that made him scum?! :angry:

No, I never said that.

See what I mean? He's talking crazy, even though I'm supposed to be the crazy one here! He's randomly accusing castle Staff, just because we're voting for him! To me, it looks like a desperate attempt to make people go after us! I can assure you I have NO night action, as I've clearly stated before. I wouldn't be very useful as a Dragon if I don't have a

night action!

Again, no I am not. I have investigated you, and you came up as guilty.

So, Richard, why don't you use your "investigator powers" to investigate a couple of us "Scummy Staff" and see what your results come up as?

See, these people don't even listen to what people are saying, and are calling me a Dragon because these say I haven't answered their questions. Which I did before they even asked.

I would like you to prove your investigative night action, please. Any proof you can give us? Considering you're "on our side",

Yeah, and I would like you to prove you aren't a Dragon. See how that works? There is no evidence either way - how would someone else know my night action?

maybe you should share your results.

Maybe you should pay attention. Do you understand why I am getting exasperated with you now?

Last night I investigated Peter, and found him to be guilty, and the night before I investigated Agnes, and found her to be guilty as well. I just thought since it didn't seem like anyone could decipher that I didn't need to bother stating them.

Your right that there doesn't seem to be a pattern to your investigations, but that you searched Peter's room twice and found different results could mean something.

We don't have much to go on here, and your arguments haven't been very convincing, at least for me.

Vote: Richard the Guard/Ricecracker

I wouldn't be very useful as a Dragon if I don't have a night action!

That sounds a little like a confession...

We don't have much to go on here, and your arguments haven't been very convincing, at least for me.

Have anybody's?

That sounds a little like a confession...

If that sounds like a confession to you, why don't you vote for her? Just wondering....

Vote: Peter/ Darth_legois

You've just made the situation worse for yourself. It's less-than-likely that there are even three or more Dragons remaining. And you did this yesterday as well, you voted for someone who supported me, and voted for you. I can't completely vouch for these two, but I'm pretty sure that they're not Dragons if you're randomly voting for them, just to see if anyone would follow your lead.

I am not lying.

Oh really? Oh, wait, hold on everyone, he's not lying! We should just believe what he says!

:hmpf:

If that sounds like a confession to you, why don't you vote for her? Just wondering....

See? You're doing it again. Trying to get others to vote for innocent people for no good reason.

You've just made the situation worse for yourself. It's less-than-likely that there are even three or more Dragons remaining. And you did this yesterday as well, you voted for someone who supported me, and voted for you. I can't completely vouch for these two, but I'm pretty sure that they're not Dragons if you're randomly voting for them, just to see if anyone would follow your lead.

I did not say that all three of you are Dragons. I said at least one. That means between one and three.

Oh really? Oh, wait, hold on everyone, he's not lying! We should just believe what he says!

And why should we believe you?

See? You're doing it again. Trying to get others to vote for innocent people for no good reason.

No, thats what you are doing. I am trying to actually help the treaty, unlike you.

No, thats what you are doing. I am trying to actually help the treaty, unlike you.

If you think you are really helping yourself by counter-accusing me, then go right on ahead. Oink, Oink!

Sorry I've been away having a quick nap, lets see me try to keep up.

It appears we were wrong about the poor Captain. I always suspected him, but alas we can't always be right... And the poor Lueitenant too, we're running out of guards...

And it appears our old friend Richard is up to his old tricks. Pray tell, Richard, what exactly made you pick Peter over the rest of us innocents? Vote:Richard/Ricecraker. Does anyone have any ideas how many Dragons are here in the castle?

And it appears our old friend Richard is up to his old tricks.

My old tricks? You guys are idiots. I've been telling the truth the whole time, but I guess it's too late for you idiots.

Pray tell, Richard, what exactly made you pick Peter over the rest of us innocents?

He's been suspicious to me the whole time, and I know I'm not the only one who is suspicious of him.

Does anyone have any ideas how many Dragons are here in the castle?

Too many for you to take care of :devil:, idiots.

My old tricks? You guys are idiots. I've been telling the truth the whole time, but I guess it's too late for you idiots.

Yes, your old tricks. You know the ones where you pick an innocent person at random and vote for them, then (unsecsessfully) try to convince others to vote for them?

He's been suspicious to me the whole time, and I know I'm not the only one who is suspicious of him.

Don't worry, when you've been proven innocent ( :laugh: ), we'll all vote for him. Promice. :tongue:

Too many for you to take care of , idiots.

Oh? Do we have some inside information we'd like to share? It could be your last chance to redeem yourself.