Sign in to follow this  
mikey

2542 Adventurers Aeroplane Promo Set Review

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

My second Adventurers review, and this is for a very small set, which includes an excellent MiniFig...

5218524846_c7f5ce5a02_z.jpg

I presume you had to buy enough petrol from Shell, and then the nice person at the Shell station would give you some Lego. An excellent idea!

So what Lego might you get?

5218527690_00a69e12ff_z.jpg

This, and what might be particulary nice about this free Lego you may well ask...

(apart from it being free!)

5218527700_68f7451f09_b.jpg

Now, this is what I would classify as the MiniFig Torso To Die For!

A very nice classic bomber jacket, topped off with a Brown aviators cap.

So what might you build with these pieces?

5218527708_b1c9ce8e25_z.jpg

A not very convincing aeroplane. Which is controlled by telepathy.

You might need some instructions...

5218527712_5a24d467b2_z.jpg

to create the 'aeroplane'. I threw caution to the wind, and used my intuition.

As a bonus you would also own a sticker...

5218527740_fa7f713e7d_m.jpg

which would be usefull if you ever have to number an object. As long as the number you need to label it is 8!

Now of course I did not get this Promotional Set for free. I was well into my Dark Ages at the age of 18. But I am more than happy to have paid to get my new MiniFig. The pieces in the box were just a bonus really, so it would not be fair to attempt to rate the set, lets just say it has issues!

If like me you are fussy with your Lego, and can only bare to buy new, then you might find this a way of getting the Harry Cane Bomber Jacket Torso. There will be cheaper ways if you do not mind buying used!

Edited by mikey
Indexed

Minifig is really nice, But the telepathic plane is too simple and too chaotic. I would but set just for minifig!

Nice review, Mikey!

I do remember getting the Aeroplane in preschool. It inspired my brother to create one just like it so we could play dogfights.

Thanks for the review 'Mikey' - at least the minifig is worth it - the plane is just too bare and basic - but if you look at it as a freebie or something that sold for a dollar and it's for young kids for some thing to keep them quite on a car trip (yeah right - I'm a father of a nearly 10 year old) it's okay.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is definetaly one of those sets you look for just for the fig, nice review!