Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Things have really slowed down

Okay, I know the building contest is just about over, but what's going on here at Train Tech? I'm seeing lots of viewers in this forum; many people reading the topics, but few are responding.

So I say... if you read a post and admire a creation, take a minute to respond. People appreciate feedback - I know I do.

Let your voices be heard. :classic:

It could be a busy month for many with their non LEGO things, I know with me I have many term papers and tests in school this month and really don't have time for anything else. :sceptic:

The forum will jump back soon when people get more time on their hand to build more MOCs. :thumbup:

Okay, I know the building contest is just about over, but what's going on here at Train Tech? I'm seeing lots of viewers in this forum; many people reading the topics, but few are responding.

So I say... if you read a post and admire a creation, take a minute to respond. People appreciate feedback - I know I do.

Could it be a language issue? Looking at the wide range of countries that are represented by the users who are actually posting comments, I would say that many others from those and other countries simply might not feel comfortable writing English in such a public place.

All I have to say to those users is, don't worry about it! People will be pleased to see you make the effort. It is the content that counts and no one here is going to comment on your level of English. If your post is unclear someone will probably write another post to help explain what you meant, or one will simply ask you to explain it a bit more.

I am on Belgian and German LUGs and no one has made a comment about my Dutch and German mistakes so far. (of course I am simply hoping that there weren't any... but that just wouldn't be realistic :laugh: ) We AFOLs are quite a friendly bunch.

So like Brickster said "Let your voices be heard!" :grin:

If of course you aren't commenting because you aren't a member yet, then please sign up!! :thumbup:

Ik think this is a great idea :thumbup:

Shame I didn't have time to enter any MOCs in the competitions!

Then again, I didn't have time to build any new MOCs of the right types this summer.

At least I got the outer circuit of my layout working though. :classic:

I've found that too much time spent online reduces time spent building.

After discussing the competition, maybe people are starting to miss building again!

In a way, a competition synchronises people's building and posting times, so it concentrates effort into one time, rather than the steady trickle of MOCs we usually have.

This week I've spent some time on a revolutionary new LEGO pneumatic technique: Continuously Variable Pneumatics

Pictures and Info

Demonstration Video

It allows a pneumatic cylinder to stop at any desired position, not just at the ends or in the middle.

It might take a little while to understand - it's not immediately obvious how it works.

In time it could well have possibilities for a pneumatic steam loco!

Mark

Hi theBrickster,

I would have posted more and entered the building contest if I had not been so damn busy the last few months.

I had to work my megablocks off to get some time to visit my girlfriend in Helsinki, and untill somewhere in November I wil be extremely busy again.

I will try to post more comments though.

Kind regards,

Teddy

I'm just swamped this month with work and I have to travel for work the next couple weeks so I probably won't be jumping on the forums much.

-Dave

I am still working on my Hogsmeade train station, I hope to finish it within the next couple of weeks. No worries, I won't post it in the licensed board, but in the Train Tech board. :classic: And I already have a train in my mind to build, of course the Hogwarts Express, but I don't really know anything about steam trains (like Big Ben Wheels, or official LEGO wheels etc.) but that's where the new Train Start comes in handy! :thumbup: