Sign in to follow this  
Honeybee

Honey's Pirate Health Spa

It seems we have exactly the same idea, and posted at the same time ! :pir_laugh2:

I really love how you made the waves...

I know how strange, at least were not in the same catagory. :pir-sweet:

That's a nice MOC you got there. I like the idea. The water looks very lovely. I've been toying with the same technique you used for the water. There are some minor thing you could change:

- The building looks too brown. The entire building is brown, so I suggest you use a different colour for the furniture to make it look less brown.

- The palm trees are to semetrically. I suggest placing one somewhere else and making one taller than the other.

- The beach looks a little bit to flat. Maybee you could add some hight with tan plates.

That's all!

~Badboy

I love how you've made the stairs and floors in this MOC.

Good luck with the competition.

There are quite a few details indeed! I especially like the candles/lamps. The ground made of 1x1 round plates look good as well. I cant think of anything to change that hasnt been said, good job!

Another great MOC!

What I enjoyed:

1. Cobblestones!

I love cobblestones and especially when they are done right! You made them look exceptional and I they were very eye appealing. It also broke up the background and refocused the eye to the large MOC rather than the central structure.

2. Water

I don't quite remember if I have seen water that has been done like this before but what stood out to me the most was the the water and your shoreline created a slope that again focused the eye of the viewer into the overall picture of the MOC. The colors and layout of the water and the beach are very asthetically pleasing to the rest of the building.

3. Clean lines and clean "cutaway".

This is another classic cutaway MOC and the lines and espeically the back roof of the structure make the cutaway possible without making it look gaudy. I really enjoyed that and it made the MOC more fun to look at and inspect closer rather than focusing on a bad cutaway job.

4. Pirate Flag

Simple item: This is the first time I have seen someone use the new flag and like it. I couldn't tell you exactly why, but to me it seems like it should be there.

5. Layout.

The interior of the structure has a defined and usuable opening, first floor, stairs, second floor, stairs, and third floor. I can almost envision a lonely old pirate walking in and finding himself in one of the upper rooms. Very cool way of transitioning the entire layout.

What bothered me:

1. The palm trees look too much like mirror images. Maybe move or modifty them to look more natural?

2. A few spots in the front facade and interior walls simply have too much open brown space. Maybe break them up with something to hang there?

All in all a very nice MOC and very eye appealing and enjoyable! Congrats!

-martinsuper

Edited by martinsuper

Thanks for ur comments, im guessing im the 1st to create waves like this by the sound of things. There are a few changes i would of liked 2 make but Derfel dismantled this Moc within mins of posting it as he needed the parts for his next creation.

Thanks for ur comments, im guessing im the 1st to create waves like this by the sound of things. There are a few changes i would of liked 2 make but Derfel dismantled this Moc within mins of posting it as he needed the parts for his next creation.

My biggest problem is that I never want to dismantle anything! So everytime I want to build something new, its off to Bricklink I go!!!

My biggest problem is that I never want to dismantle anything! So everytime I want to build something new, its off to Bricklink I go!!!

I can totally relate to that... problem is, Bricklink is my N1 destination even for some of my smallest projects... Which is the reason why I still haven't posted a couple of vehicles I've been playing around with for the last month or so!!!

Oh well, enough moaning (for now). Honeybee, this is a spectacular entry, and I don't just say that! I'm a sucker for realsim inside buildings and staircases come first in any building - so to see that in a Pirate MOC was an absolute joy to me. Of course, the use of staircases is by far not the best thing about this entry... I too enjoy the water and the cobblestone arrangement, both of which give this MOC's exterior such a unique look. However, I agree with martinsuper and badboytje88 - the facade, especially the last floor could have used just a tad bit more details - and the same goes for the beach (not its last floor, but still...) With the wonderful details around them, these two elements look kind of "unfinished" - and it's really a crying shame that Derfel had to use the bricks straight away. I would have totally loved to see a small dock added to the beach, which would have opened up this MOC so much! It would also have helped eliminate that unnatural look which martinsuper has mentioned - I myself like the positioning of the palm trees, it shows that the ladies did want the palms to look mirrored, but not generic - and the dock would help make this MOC look less centered... Oh well, I guess Derfel was just afraid you'd steal his idea with the Redcoat Rum Runners :pir_laugh2:

As to the interior - only a woman could ever have thought of SO many details - true blessings for the gentler sex, but more like torture for those rough sea-dogs... And only a man could appreciate the sheer amount of EMBARASSMENT those pirates would have to live with their whole lives after setting foot in that parlour! The combination of those two opposites = priceless.

Great job Honeybee, a fantastic entry into this contest, if only real spas were this luxurious, you might actually catch me in one. :pir_laugh2:

blogged.png

Even though i watched you build this (and rushed you so i could use the pieces afterwards), i am very impressed with what you did. I know you find it hard to settle on a idea and put that into a moc, but you did this really well and i know you did your best. Plus i do like your water effect! Great entry Honeybee :pir-classic:

Oh looks like I missed this one due to the long time of internet abstinence.

The profit of this violence free contest is the big amount of different content.

This one is another special with great presence.

The roof looks very nice.

You have taken two very distance shots from the frontside, one with more details could show different techniques.

Anyway, great entry. Good luck

Great MOC, but what next Metrosexual Pirates, the world is truely mad !!!!!!! :pir_bawling:

Fansatic work, I love it.

Might get my back waxed again !