Sign in to follow this  
Paul cantu

The fishing competition!

Haha, the expressions in this MOC are priceless; nice use of the Jester's double sided head, I would be crying too if I just got beat by a small boy! :pir_laugh2:

Congratulations! You have constructed a beautiful and magnificent MOC that is incredibly detailed. I love what you did with the windows, the roof, the dock, the palm tree and the use of curved "fang" pieces for splashing water! :pir-classic:

Although, I have just one suggestion. I suggest for 1x1 transparent blue slopes to be added to the water below, non-SNOT water with few transparent bricks looks too solid in color to me. 1x1 Transparent blue slopes tend to be plentiful in most LEGO City sets, since 96% of LEGO City set line is of rescue vehicles.

Wow what an entry!

It full of little details like the arches around the windows, which are supurb. The mockey with the banana, the drink of the adult pirate. Really nicely done! I really like the idea and I think it's executed very nicely. The splash effect with the water is just purfect! The only thing i'd change is the torso of the losing kid. I find it not very sotable for a young pirate kid. It's more an adult torso. In my honest opinion.

~Badboy

The facade of the building is really colorful and detailed and of course the water effect is a real eye-catcher. Very well done!

Another very strong contender for the first place in this category! That's a wonderful entry, congratulations! The splashing effects around the marlin's body are awesome, but I would also suggest using some more trans-clear bricks in order to achieve a more natural feel. Other than that, I really enjoy how you've managed to "curve" that fishing rod - nicely done!

This is a very nice one Paul! Great idea and even better executed. :thumbup:

I love the tail parts used as splattering water, and the face from the guy with the small fish is good too. :pir-laugh:

The roof is also very nice with the mixture of red and dark red.

I think the brown poles sticking out of the building, just beneath the roof could do with a brown 1x1 round plate on them. Now you can see the white building through them.

Furthermore I don't really see something what could be improved.

Good luck at the contest! :shark:

Great entry Paul cantu! I can garuntee you that if this wasn't a PTVII entry it would be on the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage instantly! I love your use of the horn thingos for the splash. That's some very creative thinking, well done and the best of luck to you. :wink:

Excellent MOC.

I don't think there's much that need to change in this one. It looks very professional and the idea and story are great.

Let's start from the top :)

I love your roof technique, and the mixture of colours on the roof is wonderful.

The actual building looks great too, and you've done a great job adding the small 1x1 dark bley slopes above each window. The round cylinders just below the roof works really well.

I like the plants creeping up the wall on the left hand side of the house, but I think that the spider is too big compared to the rest.

Are all the round 1x1 bricks in the window frames flowers? Either way they look great and gives the house more life.

The bystander dropping his red wine is a really funny idea, and it's great to see more than the two minifigs implicated in your story.

The docks looks awesome too. Its' kind of dangerous to stand on it because there are so many holes in it. Excellent :)

I like how I can see below the planks in the back, that you've used these brown bricks.

I'm not sure what that yellow brick is doing there though. Maybe you should replace that with a brown or dark bley brick.

I laughed when I saw the old sea dog standing there with his tiny fish and that expression on his face, when he sees that huge swordfish jumping out of the water.

The swordfish is, by the way, the essential part of your MOC if you ask me. It looks very vivid and full of action, even though it's all LEGO bricks that don't move one bit. Fantastic job. It speaks for itself when that part of you MOC is the best, after I've already told you how much I like all the other parts of your MOC.

Good luck in the competition, I think you are one of the medium category favourites right now.

Haha! Another excellent and hilarious entry. :pir_laugh2:

I love the saddened pirate with his small little fish. Brilliant use of that head.

I like the building, but maybe some brickwork with headlight bricks (used with the cylinders at the top of the building) and 2x1 tiles scattered around would really give the scene a 1500's - 1600's type of feel. The waves may also be better off with some SNOT work using either more tiles or even blue bricks on there sides would work.

The wave effect is also great although the trans-blue doesn't really sit well with me as you have regular blue with some of the cylinders and then trans-blue for others. I do like the white wave effect though.

Keep up the work. :pir-tongue:

Great sense of action and movement- you've really crammed a lot of great stuff into the footprint. I like that for instance even things irrelevent to the story like the roof have the same detail and technique present elsewhere. You've done a great job.

This is nothing short of sensational :pir-wink:

The way you made the splash around the shark is most impressive.

The flowers? in the windows look great to :thumbup:

Ratshot

Thanks for all of the compliments guys! I had a solid idea in my head and went with it. Yes, those are flowers in the window.

I really like this! Great house with a nice roof and a great scene that you've pulled off very well! Top work!

There have already been many comments so I will keep mine short. You did an amazing job of showing the fish explosing out of the water. But would such a large fish be so close to the dock?

-martinsuper

Magnificent and I don't say that all too often. The swordfish jumping out of the water make this MOC very lively, the detailed front of the building is quite well done.

I really don't see any negative points here.

Good work! :thumbup: