Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafstraw Manor- Chapter 5 (Part A)

002.jpg

"Hum de hum um, Daddy's home!" said Thomas merrily as he walked through the foyer, knife out. "I wonder why old man Faisser has so many crates. He must be very lazy to not build us any furniture."

003.jpg

"Bum de bum bum, know who the killer is, bum de-"

BANG

Thomas hit the floor hard as the figure with the pan dropped it.

"That should stop him from hurting anyone for now." Said the figure.

004.jpg

"Now I'm getting out of here and as far away from danger as possible."

---------------------

005.jpg

A few moments later Rex appeared in the foyer.

"It's Saturday, around noon. We got here yesterday oat about this time. So much has happened since then. And I haven't even had a single drink. Something's wrong with me."

Suddenly he noticed the body on the floor.

"Thomas, my god, are you alright?" he exclaimed as he examined the body.

006.jpg

"He seems to still be breathi-"

007.jpg

The figure quickly took something out of Rex's pocket, and then dropped its own knife and picked up Thomas's.

"That should get rid of any evidence." It said happily.

008.jpg

----------------------

009.jpg

"Oh my god!" shouted Amelia. "Thomas, Rex!" She looked at the two of them, and noticed Thomas shiver.

"Thomas, you're alive!" She crossed to him and slammed him across the face after a moment of thought. Thomas sputtered back to life.

"Amelia? What happened? Why are my pants soggy? Did I wet myself again? :blush: ( :devil: ) That's not urine... that's blood! My god, Amelia, what have you done!"

"I found you like this. I swear. Now let's move, we must meet the others and tell them.. tell them Rex is dead. My old classmate..."

010.jpg

------------------------

Amelia and Thomas stumbled into the Kitchen, where Clarence sat looking pale and uneasy. He pointed at one of the two doors that had previously been locked (there was one at the top of the stairs and one in the kitchen). It was no longer so. The door lay on the ground, its entire back side hacked apart.

"It lead to the basement," said Clarence, still looking worried.

Morrison quickly entered as well, and the others explained their findings, and then Amelia reported Rex's death.

"Well, it looks like we have some more exploring to do," Morrison exclaimed, and they all went down the stairs.

013.jpg

Only bolded characters on the Character list may post in this topic.

Cast of Characters:

060-1.jpgLord Athranhart (A Lord) - Striker

063-2-1.jpgMme. Florance (World Famous Chef) - Zapper Brick

057-1.jpgCheif Morrison (Cheif of Police) - Jimbutcher

058-2.jpgSrgt. Johnson (Retired Army Srgt.) - Miccacol88

063-1.jpgAmelia Warhog (Famous Fighter Pilot) - Hewkii9

059-1.jpgProf. Rudy (Prof.) - Bob the Construction Man

061-1.jpgRex Harbor (Party Man) - Eskallon

056-1-1.jpgFather Clarance (Priest) - Draggy

062-2-1.jpgJimmy Thacher (Matinacne Man) - Ricecraker

061-2-1.jpgThomas Baker (Lawyer) - ImpShadows

062-1.jpgLord Gregor (Lord) - Zepher

MaptoMafstraw.jpg

Enjoy!

-Zepher

Edited by Zepher

Well that's unexpected. Who could've killed Rex? It obviously wasn't you, Thomas. In fact, I've changed my mind about you. I had a minute or two to look at your file before I came down here, and it seems you have a clean record. I would stop calling me corrupt, though.

What did everyone else see when they came to the kitchen? I saw Rex's dead body, but I heard you three in kitchen, so I came in.

REXIE!! NO!!!! I don't think I can go on...

I respond to my grief by analyzing the situation. Rexie's killer said "Now I'm getting out of here and as far away from danger as possible." Therefore, I believe that he is one of those men or women who stayed upstairs. Considering that Thomas and Rexie know about whatever this treasure is, and the killer took something from Rexie's corpse, I hypothesize that the killer knew about the treasure and wanted to get at it.

About the door we came downstairs from. Hacked apart from the back side? If I'm interpreting that correctly, that means that someone was imprisoned/waiting in the basement.

I'd like to take a good look around the basement, and try to draw up a map.

Amelia scouts out the basement timidly, but there doesn't seem to be any danger. She comes up with this map.

BasementMap.jpg

The basement is full of boxes, all of them much bigger than the ones upstairs. There is also a strange indent in the over-all shape of the basement that does not correspond with the shape of the house above them.

However the most interesting discover is the area directly below the stairs. A small mat is laid out, and a few dishes with dried up food remains surround it. There is rope next to the mat which looks like it has been cut through. Sitting on the mat is a journal. The entries are labeled.

June 1st

June 2nd

June 3rd

June 4th

June 5th

June 6th

June 7th

June 8th

June 9th

June 10th

June 11th

June 12th (Mme. Florence Arrived this day)

June 13th (The rest arrived this day)

June 14th (Today)

Which would you like to read?

Oi, me? Timid? The voice in the sky's pegging me as some damsel in distress!

Anyway, it's incredibly clear now that someone has been kept down here and is now loose in the house as a whole.

As to the journal, I think we should take a look at June 1, June 13, and June 14. I think they will be the most telling days.

Oh my, look at all these boxes! This basement is quite big for the age of this house, considering it would have to be dug into the mountain side and any large boulders moved to clear the space. I wonder what is stored in all these boxes?

I do wonder who was being kept down here though, and how they escaped, and for that matter where they are now and what they are doing. This weekend is getting scarier by the second. :look: I pray that the Lord will guide us and save us from any vengeful knife-wielding spirits.

The presence of this journal is most interesting, we should definitely take a look. Perhaps it will explain what is going on here? I will read those chapters for you if you like, Amelia. :classic:

*Father Clarence picks up the journal and opens it up*

Well, that wasn't nearly as much fun as I expected it to be. :sceptic:

So, here we are in another exciting room full of crates!

Journal reading? Yay! *grabs a blankey and sits on the floor in front of Father Clarence for story time!*

I was hit on the head, you know. :wacko:

Ooh, I didn't know there were blankies down here!

What's the story, Morning Glory Father Clarence?

Good deduction, Amelia. Before we read the journal entries, I would like to sneak past these boxes and inspect the west wall. Judging from the map, it looks like there is an indent here, unlike the floor above us.

I would like to inspect the west wall indent, knocking, tapping, and feeling the walls.

Oi, me? Timid? The voice in the sky's pegging me as some damsel in distress!

Anyway, it's incredibly clear now that someone has been kept down here and is now loose in the house as a whole.

As to the journal, I think we should take a look at June 1, June 13, and June 14. I think they will be the most telling days.

June 1st

I am quite shocked to find myself in my very own basement. I can't seem to imagine how I got down here. I have a large bump on my head, and am quite dazed.

I am happy to find that whoever my captor is has left me with enough food to last me for a while. I suspect that he is going to make a ransom of me, and I shall have to ambush him when I get the chance. There's not many hiding places, and he has tied me up as well, but I have been in quite a few sticky situations before. The war taught me quite a bit.

I hope that I shall get out of here before my party begins! Can you imagine Athranhart or Gregor finding me tied in my own basement! Oh, it would be quite silly!

My, I'm quite tired. Hopefully there wasn't anything in the food. I shall hide this journal from whoever my captor is, I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to know I have paper.

I think I may of forgotten to finish writing and mailing Johnson's letter! That's a problem! I hope that I'll be able to get out of here before the party, so I'll have enough time to tell him to come!

June 13th

They're up there. I can hear them now. The cook has come into the kitchen to collect food. If only I could reach them, get their attention. I could warn them. I could save myself.

But no. I can hear him too. He is up there. With them. He knows that I am down here. Perhaps if he hears the noise, he'll make an excuse for it, and then finish me off tonight.

No, I must stay silent. I must stay hidden. He did not come to me yesterday. While they are here, I am safe.

And what is more, I have great luck. I was able to move today. I am no longer tied. I am free. He has locked the door, but that is no matter. I plugged the keyhole with some old paper. I am safe now. For now.

--Faisser

June 14th

I'm leaving the basement. Today. I heard him kill another last night, and then another this morning. My friends are dying.

There seems to be many more people than who I invited. They must all be out to get me. I will have to dispose of them as well.

I have broken free of my bonds after much work. I had the luck of finding an ax in one of the crates! I now have a weapon, and a why out of this damn basement. i'll make a break for it after lunch, so none of them are around.

Including him.

Good deduction, Amelia. Before we read the journal entries, I would like to sneak past these boxes and inspect the west wall. Judging from the map, it looks like there is an indent here, unlike the floor above us.

I would like to inspect the west wall indent, knocking, tapping, and feeling the walls.

The walls around the indent are sturdy, and built of stone. However, unlike the rest of the walls, they are built out of light gray stone. The rest is built out of dark gray and black.

Suddenly there is a slap from the top of the stairs and the basement goes dark as the door is lifted back into place. You then hear a table being pushed in front of the door, wedged in place. You are not in the basement without light and no one way out.

PLEASE PM ME DARKNESS ACTIONS These are any actions you would like to try while it is dark, but remember, while the others can't see, neither can you.

The group fumbles around, each calling out in fear and trying to connect to each other. They hear noise on the stairs as someone runs up them, and then the room falls silent again. Suddenly Amelia cries out and a loud sound of a hand hitting a cheek is heard, and a grunt of pain is let out by two voices at the same time. A body hits the floor. The group hears another person run up the stairs, and then Amelia yells at the top of her lungs.

"Search Rexie's body and room! Look for his bullet!"

IT IS STILL DARK! YOU MAY NOT TALK. PLEASE ALL SEND IN ANOTHER ROUND OF DARKNESS ACTIONS!

Edited by Zepher

Unfortunantly nothing happens for the next few minutes ( :hmpf_bad: you guys are boring :tongue: ). Finally, the four members in the basement gather together.

"What happened?" Asked Morrison. "Does anyone have a way to start a fire, or some otehr source of light?"

So I heard someone got knocked out... who was that?

I'd like to feel around the wall for a light switch. Hey wait! If I'm a cop, shouldn't I have a flashlight?

*groan*

I was punched in the stomach by someone, and collapsed to the floor. Dear Lord this hurts! When I fell away from my attacker I dropped the book, I don't know where it is. Whoever hit me might have taken it, but if we can find a light switch then perhaps it is just lying on the floor where I dropped it. What I want to know is who in the name of the Unholy One punched me in the gut!? :angry:

We need to recover that book, it appeared to contain information that will be vital to us in understanding what ungodly things are going on here. We can't do anything till we have a light though. Does anyone smoke, or something? I'll help you look for a light switch Morrison, I really do hate the dark.

I'd like to feel around the wall for a light switch. Hey wait! If I'm a cop, shouldn't I have a flashlight?

Morrison quickly searches his pockets and locates a small falshlight, which he turns on quickly. The group looks fairly bad, The Father is in pain, and one side of Thomas's face is red.

Edited by Zepher

Ouch. It looks like you two got into a fight. Clarence, I also heard you attacked Amelia here. Care to explain?

As for me, I was at the top of the stairs with Amelia, after she got attacked. I was looking for a light switch, and making sure no-one got in or out.

Ouch. It looks like you two got into a fight. Clarence, I also heard you attacked Amelia here. Care to explain?

As for me, I was at the top of the stairs with Amelia, after she got attacked. I was looking for a light switch, and making sure no-one got in or out.

I did no such thing Morrison; as you can see, I am in no fit state to attack anyone thank you very much, and am outraged that you would even suggest such a thing. Whatever gave you the idea that I attacked her? I am a man of the Church; we do not partake in wanton violence and fighting.

I did no such thing Morrison; as you can see, I am in no fit state to attack anyone thank you very much, and am outraged that you would even suggest such a thing. Whatever gave you the idea that I attacked her? I am a man of the Church; we do not partake in wanton violence and fighting.

Fair enough. But I think Amelia might think differently.

Look, Father, men of God are unlikely assailants, but we're all unlikely here. In my head, I expressly wished to be kept safe from you - I trust Morrison, and I didn't think Baker would attack me. Then I fought off an attack from someone. Of course, Baker's face is red, I see now, so either one of you could have attacked me. Why?

Clarence, I also heard you attacked Amelia here. Care to explain?

That was me, hold on ...

Then I fought off an attack from someone. Of course, Baker's face is red, I see now, so either one of you could have attacked me. Why?

It wasn't an attack, I was trying to feel around for a weapon in the commotion and grabbed your ankle. You slapped me, I took a dive behind one of the many available crates for cover and then I heard the father land nearby. I'm not sure what happened to him, though, just recognised the OW.

If there are only 4 of us and the door is still closed, someone has that book. I find it physically unlikely that Amelia punched the father and took it, so that only leaves you, Morrison.

How about we all agree to search each other as a group to see just who took it?

If there are only 4 of us and the door is still closed, someone has that book. I find it physically unlikely that Amelia punched the father and took it, so that only leaves you, Morrison.

While it wasn't me, yes, I am offended that you would stereotype me like that!

So you "accidentally" grabbed her ankle? Hmm...

And I didn't touch the Father. I rushed to the top of the stairs (that was the first set of footsteps you heard), and stayed there. A few seconds later, Amelia ran up, and we stayed there for the rest of the time of the crisis.

How about we all agree to search each other as a group to see just who took it?

Fine with me, as long I get to search Schmelt. Wait, who's that?

Suddenly light floods the basement, and the group carefully and cautiously make their way to the top of the stairs, where they are greeted by their fellow 4 survivors. As they walk up the stairs a clock on the floor above them, assumedly, chimes ten times.

"It looks like it's time for bed." Says Father Clarence, before they all walk over the servant quarters and into their separate rooms.

SEND IN YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS PLEASE

Sign in to follow this