Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

You'll have to sell your speeder!

indexed.gif

Hello dear fellows!

Today there are only 4 lesser impressive models, I'd like to show to you. They're all landspeeders seen in "A New Hope" in Mos Eisley. The XP-38 landspeeder is completely new, and the V-35 landspeeder has been completely redesigned. :classic: So our little story begins...

--------------------

speeder.jpg

It takes place in Mos Eisley when Luke, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the two droids C-3PO and R2D2 travel to Mos Eisley in Luke's old X-34 Landspeeder.

x-34-speeder-1.jpg

The first vehicle they cross paths with is a V-35 Courier Speeder, one of which also was parked in the Lars' family homestead.

v-35-speeder-1.jpg

This model has been completely redesigned, and is much smaller and thus more MINI than my earlier version. The new 1x2x2/3 slopes are the perfect cockpit window for that shape as this scale. The engine section is completely studs down to have a possibility for attaching three plates at a 1x4 plate with gaps between them.

Luke and Obi-Wan Kenobi leave their speeder outside the Mos Eisley Cantina where you can see a few other speeders are parked. Among them is an Ubrikkian 9000 Z001 Landspeeder, a quite uncommon shape but commonly seen.

9000-z001-1.jpg

Once inside the bar, Obi-Wan Kenobi books a transport to Alderaan and informs Luke that he had to sell his speeder, the X-34. A bit later after having sold his speeder Luke tells Obi-Wan: "He (the speeder dealer) says it's the best he can do. Since the XP-38 came out, they (X-34 speeders) are just not in demand."

But what is the XP-38?

xp-38-speeder-1.jpg

The XP-38 landpseeder is a similar design to the older X-34 speeder. The main differences are a closed canopy and boxy engines instead of streamlined ones which doesn't make it easier to build. The flattest engine-like look, meaning with hollow interior, is realized by headlight bricks. To attach them to something flat like a speeder body, you can't use the normal approaches. Instead a 2x2 plate with holes below was used. A door rail plate closes the gap.

The engines are by the way quite similar to those of the Flash Speeder seen on Naboo, but that's a different story.

--------------------

That was a small compilation to start into the week-end. For those who missed compilation 1, it is loacted here. I am working on something different which I might be able to post later this week-end. :classic:

All models and instructions can be seen here: http://sw.deckdesigns.de

The message of this story is about MINI scale. When you have a vehicle that is already quite small in real, like landspeeders with only few meters in length, a MINI model should be as small as possible. When building landspeeders slightly larger, i.e. 4-wide you could almost already seat a minifig in it. This would look strange, and thus I keep speeders usually as small as I can get. :classic:

Thank you for your time and stepping by!

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Love these new ones Legostein there GREAT! :wub:

I like Luke's speeder and the X-34 Landspeeder :wub:

Great work!

CommanderFox

I love your latest set of mini's.

I never new about that 9000 Z001 speeder. I always had seen it in the film but just assumed it was some sort of droid.

Great work :thumbup:, waiting for the next lot. I really like how you organise them when posting them.

Cute little mini/micro scale speeders, with a funny story. Keep up the good work!

great designs! I really like the V-35 Courier Speeder, I like the yellow and white colour scheme. I like the back engines aswell it looks really cool

Great work!

Hello!

Thanks again for the nice comments! :blush:

I'll try to keep it up during the next week. :classic:

Have a great start into the next week!

~ Christopher

Nice work! They look very true to their film counterparts. I'm especially impressed with the V-35; I've been waiting for Lego to make an official model of that one, as it's pretty common.