ACCURATEin

CITY: Extremely random photos from Lego City!

Continued updates on pg11!!!!

Enjoy!

dsc0138bk.jpg

Winter toy shop!

dsc0134f.jpg

There is a brand new type of school bus that i've seen lately in real life. It looks so good that I will be making a model of one in Lego soon. This is my current school bus...

dsc0135a.jpg

A visitor from George Lucas!

dsc0136js.jpg

Another visitor!

dsc0141.jpg

Ancient battery case being transported..

dsc0139na.jpg

My version of a 6 wide octan tanker. I'm still going to buy the new one in january :classic:

dsc0140ws.jpg

'The Ferrari block'!

dsc0145v.jpg

New airport in January...yay!!!

dsc0143o.jpg

The residential section is growing..

dsc0147g.jpg

The ambulance and helicopter finally found a home..

dsc0148xt.jpg

One of these days i'm going to make a skyscraper!...

dsc0149ja.jpg

chicken and ping pong anyone?!

dsc0150nh.jpg

The result of two fire brigades...

dsc0151d.jpg

I'm anxious to build an all black SWAT truck. it WI

Edited by ACCURATEin

Wow, you have an amazing city, ACCURATEin!

Your town looks really nice. When/If the LEGO Star Wars license ends, I just might have to start collecting LEGO City sets. :tongue:

So far, the only City set I have is the 2006 Ambulance (although I plan on buying the Winter Toy Shop). :grin:

I really like that hanging LEGO City sign - nice touch!

Your photos are really crisp, too!

I can't wait to see the next photos of your display! :sweet:

Great pictures AI! I enjoy looking at these. Thanks for sharing (although your tracks look like they may wreck a train any time soon).

Hello!

Nice shots of a great layout! I like that plane hanging on the celiling! :classic: Now the only thing yet missing is a harbour site. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great city display, were you incorporate modular buildings with the creator houses. :thumbup:

But I'm not to fond of your octan truck the cabin looks a bit strange, maybe adding another pair of wheels make it better.

the Inventor

Amazing display indeed! :thumbup: I specially like your residential area and the SWAT team :wink: If I can make a suggestion I would have put more MFs (yep, even more... :tongue:) in it for making it more lively but of course that's just my opinion :classic:

Fantastic work! I'm really loving the elevated train amongst this city. I'm enjoying watching the development and evolution. Keep it up mate. :classic::thumbup:

Nice work! I :wub: the Chili's restaurant! You have a very nice setup and I like how you have incorporated multiple LEGO themes into your layout. I'm looking forward to seeing this setup grow.

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Jaw dropping! That is an excellent city, everything flows together so smoothly.

I must ask, where did you get the large LEGO City sign?

Shows that randomness can be pleasing to the eye sometimes :classic:

Weren't you planning on adding another bay to your Fire Brigade? :wink:

Very nice city.

About the Chili restaurants; Here (the netherlands) I never seen them. We have mexican and argentinian restaurants, but not something like that.

This is the best Lego City, I have ever seen! Schoolbus, chilis and family homes are very amazing designs. I think you can improve LCPD more.

Wow, you have an amazing city, ACCURATEin!

Your town looks really nice. When/If the LEGO Star Wars license ends, I just might have to start collecting LEGO City sets. :tongue:

So far, the only City set I have is the 2006 Ambulance (although I plan on buying the Winter Toy Shop). :grin:

I really like that hanging LEGO City sign - nice touch!

Your photos are really crisp, too!

I can't wait to see the next photos of your display! :sweet:

Thank you! I wonder if Lego will ever stop releasing Star Wars kits. The walking AT-AT is what got me back into the Lego hobby...i thought it was the most intriguing model ever. I created an AT-AT back in 1996, took a picture of it in the snow, and sent it to Lego to be in the fan club magazine. When i found out Lego had a walking version, it was inevitable to buy it!!

I asked my store manager if I could have it, and he said "sure"!

This batch of photos is already outdated as there have been a few more details added to the city last night. :classic:

More pics to come soon!

Great pictures AI! I enjoy looking at these. Thanks for sharing (although your tracks look like they may wreck a train any time soon).

Thank you! haha. I should have taken a shot of the train wreck behind the row of modulars! And yes, the track does end and feeds out into a 3 foot drop haha. The ultimate plan is to build a bridge and have the train run around the entire room.

Hello!

Nice shots of a great layout! I like that plane hanging on the celiling! :classic: Now the only thing yet missing is a harbour site. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello! Thank you! The plane hanging from the ceiling was the best idea in order to alleviate some space...they take up so much room! And speaking of planes, i've got a United Airlines DC-10 that i've been working on. It holds a special significance that I will share when I post it up!

I've actually got a small harbour site, but it's located on my desk beside me. If i can figure out a solution, the plan is to incorporate it into city.

Great city display, were you incorporate modular buildings with the creator houses. :thumbup:

But I'm not to fond of your octan truck the cabin looks a bit strange, maybe adding another pair of wheels make it better.

the Inventor

Thank you! I agree with the cabin looking a little strange. It hit me when I saw the first image of the new 6 wide Octan tanker that is about to be on the market next year...all of a sudden my version was inferior! haha

Amazing display indeed! :thumbup: I specially like your residential area and the SWAT team :wink: If I can make a suggestion I would have put more MFs (yep, even more... :tongue:) in it for making it more lively but of course that's just my opinion :classic:

Thank you! More minifigures throughout the city? A lot of them are hiding! In the next batch of photos i'll make it so they can be seen. :classic:

Fantastic work! I'm really loving the elevated train amongst this city. I'm enjoying watching the development and evolution. Keep it up mate. :classic::thumbup:

Thank you! Last night I added some vertical poles on the track to mimic the electric poles that can be found on some light rail train tracks. It looks pretty good, i'll have to take a photo of it.

Nice work! I :wub: the Chili's restaurant! You have a very nice setup and I like how you have incorporated multiple LEGO themes into your layout. I'm looking forward to seeing this setup grow.

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Thank you! The Chili's restaurant turned out better than I originally expected. It's definitely a challenge to make the different styles and themes fit in one big display, but that's what makes it fun haha.

Jaw dropping! That is an excellent city, everything flows together so smoothly.

I must ask, where did you get the large LEGO City sign?

Thank you! I work for Lego and upon asking my store manager, he agreed to let me have it. He had told me to go throw it in the trash, but there was no way I was going to let that sign go to waste!!!

WOW

Thats amazing!

haha thank you!

Shows that randomness can be pleasing to the eye sometimes :classic:

Weren't you planning on adding another bay to your Fire Brigade? :wink:

Thank you! Yes, that is the plan! Somehow I want to make 2 or 3 bays, but in order to do so the base will have to be widened. I'm not sure when i'll get around to modifying that!

Very nice city.

About the Chili restaurants; Here (the netherlands) I never seen them. We have mexican and argentinian restaurants, but not something like that.

Thank you! Chili's is one of my favorite restaurants, so I just had to build one! I might even go and eat there tonight!! hahaha

This is the best Lego City, I have ever seen! Schoolbus, chilis and family homes are very amazing designs. I think you can improve LCPD more.

Really?! Well thank you! I have seen much more detailed cities though..and i'm working to get to that level. I agree about the police department. With Lego construction in general, almost every model could always use atleast one or two improvements.

Make sure you check out Classic-Town. :wink:

Wow! I feel honored to be featured on that page. I still remember when you featured the Pink Hotel!! Thank you very much!

I just love how you gifted life to your town. Everything looks so nice and tidy, but then again it has that urban chaos touch. I like it a lot!

Wow! Your city never ceases to amaze me. This is my favourite Lego City on EB :thumbup:

Thank you! Yes, that is the plan! Somehow I want to make 2 or 3 bays, but in order to do so the base will have to be widened. I'm not sure when i'll get around to modifying that!

Two bays with a door would fit on the ground floor. You could then move the bench with the helmets to under the stairs. Oh, but the pole in combination with an engine bay will be a problem then I guess, which would have to be moved to the side with the stairs then as well, which ultimately would mean you'd have to redesign the floors above as well... so maybe widening it would be the best solution after all... :grin:

I just love how you gifted life to your town. Everything looks so nice and tidy, but then again it has that urban chaos touch. I like it a lot!

Thank you!

Wow! Your city never ceases to amaze me. This is my favourite Lego City on EB :thumbup:

Thank you! That means a lot!

Two bays with a door would fit on the ground floor. You could then move the bench with the helmets to under the stairs. Oh, but the pole in combination with an engine bay will be a problem then I guess, which would have to be moved to the side with the stairs then as well, which ultimately would mean you'd have to redesign the floors above as well... so maybe widening it would be the best solution after all... :grin:

At any rate, it's going to be a task for sure! What will motivate me to do it is if I construct my own personal design of a firetruck.

You made my day. This is AMAZING.

haha I'm glad these photos were able to be a deciding factor on how your day went about. :classic:

Awesome setup. Can wwe have some inside shots of the Chili's? I love it! :thumbup:

Thank you! Unfortunately, most of the interiors in all of these buildings are unfinished. But now that i've found a solution to illuminating the interiors, i'm going to start furnishing some of them. Being that you love the Chili's, I shall devote some attention to the interior and get some interior shots just for you! :classic:

Other than Legostat this is the best city on EB! :cry_happy: Very creative. :thumbup:

Well thank you! I'm not sure if i've seen Legostat's city. I should search for it!

OOOOH!

One of the best LEGO City setups so far!

Nice one! :thumbup::cry_happy:

Thank you! :classic:

I think i'm just going to keep updating this thread as the city progresses through time in order to keep all the photos in one spot. Here are some more photos which include a few MOCs you might have seen already and a couple new ones that I have recently completed. Enjoy! :classic:

Recently i've completed a model of a United Airlines McDonnell Douglas DC-10. This model holds a special significance. :classic:

dsc0163.jpg

dsc0161d.jpg

dsc0164bm.jpg

dsc0165p.jpg

dsc0166g.jpg

dsc0169x.jpg

dsc0178w.jpg

dsc0179w.jpg

Canadian T-Rex! This model still needs some more detail added to it. I plan on building a model of Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory!!

dsc0175mq.jpg

dsc0180tg.jpg

dsc0171b.jpg

dsc0174ju.jpg

dsc0182w.jpg

dsc0183.jpg

dsc0185uo.jpg

dsc0186oa.jpg

This is my ghetto fabulous method of introducing light to the interior of the buildings. So far only the creator house has been illuminated.

dsc0189o.jpg

:classic:

Edited by ACCURATEin