Bonaparte

10210 Imperial Flagship - UPCOMING SET!!!

I am a big fan of LEGO City but I just found in love. I will buy that set for sure! Good job LEGO!

So much for NO pirates sets in 2010!

Nobody ever said there won't be new sets in 2010, just that the pirate line will be not continued next year. Also, this is not a set of the usual pirate line, but a special collector's set, which is an own line above all themes.

Wow, this is just stunning so many details and such a massive size! It even seems to be priced fairly at 180 for over 1700 pieces not marking up the price because the base parts. This may turn out to be one of the best pirate ships yet! ....where on earth am i going to make $180.00 :pir-blush:

....where on earth am i going to make $180.00 :pir-blush:

Get a job like other people do to make money??? :pir-hmpf:

This set looks great, but I won't be getting it anytime soon. I like all of the interior details, but for some reason, the exterior seems a little bland, almost like its missing something.

A nice surprise! :pir-blush:

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson

I think I just dropped my jaw... This thing is beautiful! :pir-wub: It's way out of my price league but beautiful nevertheless! Just perfect! A nice surprise indeed. Thank you, TLG!

This set is just fantastic and I'm so glad when I went to Legoland a few days ago, they didn't have the Emerald night train, as I'd much rather spend my money on this! :pir-classic:

In other news, now I've been staring at it for a good few hours, I have come to the conclusion it is too short! A possibility for me to give it another section in the middle. :)

Now.. how shall I make hammocks for soldiers to sleep on....

Well, the Captain's daughter will probably command an obscene price on Bricklink (I'm thinking $25+). This certainly is a nice way to cap off the line.

Well. I was kind of p'o'ed that Pirates was going on "vacation" again, but seeing this set, I don't think they could've had a better send-off. The ship is incredibly detailed and I think 9 minifigures is a fine amount. I also like the sawfish figurehead and the idea of including Brickbeard as a prisoner. (Possibly revenge for his kidnapping of the admiral's daughter.) Will definitely be getting this.

In other news, now I've been staring at it for a good few hours, I have come to the conclusion it is too short!

You've got to be kidding! :laugh: It's just 15 cm short of a metre, and seemingly the longest and tallest pirate ship TLG has ever produced (I don't know the exact measurements of the old ships, though). If it were any longer, it would be a chore to carry or move without breaking it.

But there's always someone who finds something to complain about... :tongue:

Well...damn. My friend and I were just out at Toy's R Us yesterday and she said she would buy me Brickbeard's Bounty . Just my luck that something like this beauty comes to the surface the day after :pir_laugh2:

:pir-oh3: That is no doubt the best Pirates set I've ever seen! This will dwarf Brickbeard's Bounty. I lovea ll the details, like the roasting chicken and the Pirate cutting the carrot :pir-tongue: Too bad it's $229.99. That's is way out of my budget :pir-sceptic:

You've got to be kidding! :laugh: It's just 15 cm short of a metre, and seemingly the longest and tallest pirate ship TLG has ever produced (I don't know the exact measurements of the old ships, though). If it were any longer, it would be a chore to carry or move without breaking it.

But there's always someone who finds something to complain about... :tongue:

I know I know... it's just that those two hatch things seem too close together. :pir-tongue:

Thank you very much for this news and these pics, Bonaparte! :pir-classic:

This ship looks really awesome! :pir-wub: :pir-wub: :pir-wub:

It's really a pity that I haven't got the money and place to begin collecting Pirates sets, too, since this would absolutely be a must-have! :pir-cry_sad:

It's the first really decent soldiers' ship which has been appearing in the whole history of Lego - and it's outcome is really wow! :pir-oh3:

-a decent number of minifigs

-a new lovely looking female minifig

-brilliant exterior design

-awesome interior design

-many accessory

-price ratio performance is quite ok, too

The most I like the inside of the kitchen - simply :pir-wub: !

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

This seems like a rather decent set (especially compared to the horrendous ship that was brickbeards bounty).

I'm really glad they made it dark brown instead of frown. Nice that is has a new female figure, but I liked the other one that came with BB more.

I would have expected another soldier (or pirate), but for today's standards, this is a pretty generous minifig selection.

Still doesn't hold a candle to SES, BSB, IF or RBR, so I probably won't buy it, but it does look better than crossbone clipper (even BB manages to beat that "thing") and RR and it's about equal to CC and AF (but that might be mostly due to the massive size of this new ship and it's being held back for not having the old style masts and rigging for the sails, otherwise it would have probably been better). Can't wait to get a better view of it, so I'm hoping someone will do a review.

And it probably has been mentioned before, but it looks like the pirate has a new sword.

Edited by Fluyt

I'm stunned, it's great that they've decided to end the theme with such an amazing ship, I'm buying atleast one of them. I hope the rest of 2010 release isn't to go so I can spend it on this.

i love u lego..i really do. best thing you've made in like... 3 years, other than the return of the pirates!!!

and please tell me there will be more 2010 pirates... that would be like the greatest miracle ever.

october 3, the christmas of lego fans. i hope this tradition continues.

Still doesn't hold a candle to SES, BSB, IF or RBR, so I probably won't buy it, but it does look better than crossbone clipper

You must be kidding. Don't smoke so much, kids! :pir-tongue:

You must be kidding. Don't smoke so much, kids! :pir-tongue:

You must admit it is better than cross bone clipper :pir-tongue: Seriously, this new ship and BSB are the best ships ever made by Lego (I haven't decided between the two yet). I don't like most of the classic ships because they don't have captain's cabins or decks. Only BSB and SES have cabins, but SES doesn't even have a deck.

Well, i think there's no doubt that this is the most realisting ship lego has made to date. There's really no doubt for me, if i compare all other ships to this one i just can think that this looks the most realistic. The BSB looks great aswell, but the colour sheme always looked a bit strange to me. The good point is that it is has actual rigging and all that, but still, the new one is much more detailed, plus it has much more interior and play features.