Bonaparte

10210 Imperial Flagship - UPCOMING SET!!!

I think a few compromises were made so that the ship could have removable parts. I was confused by the lack of rigging and that the triangular sail at the front isn't actually attached to the mast behind it, but if everything had all been connected properly you wouldn't be able to take the masts away. Personally I prefer it this way.

You're right, of course - it's a modular system :wink: I didn't even think of that.

And it is NOT uncool to hang around this thread admiring this beauty :pir_laugh2:

Well for me there's no doubt this is the best ship lego has come up with to date. I mean, it's absolutely beautiful from the look alone, and it got features like a prison, kitchen, and really detailed rooms with nice interior (i mean, when do you get an organ in a lego set?). It's already on place 1 for me!

:pir-classic: Very nice ship, a lot of details and useful parts. But the masts (and escpecially the sails) are quite awful, it hasn't even got a spanker. But I understand that the main purpose of this ship was playability (and it's very playable) and also to sell it for kids, and kids don't mind the number of sails, the shape, etc.

I'm not going to buy it, but I'm very happy they made this one. Certainly because they just said they would discontinue the pirates line, now we got something to feel happy about again :pir-sweet:

Oh and I also love the brown masts :pir-cry_happy: big improvement!

Edited by Admiral Green Buns

Now if it only had bluecoats :pir-sweet:

Seriously: this is a great set, with two decks, full interior detailing, realistic looking sails, working anchor, dark brown chocolate hulls :pir-wub: , those masts also look a lot better than flextube :pir-grin: ... (and another Brickbeard fig :pir-hmpf_bad: ). I'm really wondering whether this was already planned before the 'call for ideas' through our ambassador or whether it was developed as a result of the comments in that thread.

Recently I've been considering getting one of the classic soldier ships, but I always had some hope left TLG would release an s@h exclusive soldier ship. So looks like I made the right choice not to go for the 'tiny' classic soldier ships, because - besides nostalgia value - this is so much more better.

Edited by Rick

Now I'll have to buy Brickbeard's Bounty to go with this.

I love everything about this ship, a must buy for me! :pir-wub:

I guess Lego decided to go out with a bang with the Pirate theme. This is really a great looking ship. Although I don't have any Pirate sets, I might have to pick this one up for display purposes.

OMG, this is awesome. That ship is gigantic. I may seriously have to consider this purchase. Especially with Pirates going away, at least they are going out with a bang.

Yes! This is exactly what I was hoping for! A detailed, modern, Imperial ship! I MUST GET THIS. It's too bad my christmas list is already filled up...

Edit: is that Brickbeard I see? And an anchor? And an original shark, in bley?

Edited by cottonwood

Swordfish, also to be found in the advent calendar

Wow this is good.

I already own a Black Seas Barracuda (re-issue version) and didnt want a Brickbeards Bounty for that reason but this is just amazing and very likely to go on my wishlist.

Wouldn't surprise me if Target here in Australia do what they did this year with the Medieval Market Village and picks this set up next year (they also have essentially the entire pirates range)

EDIT:

For those who complain about its price relative to the MMV, remember that it contains a fair number of large and/or expensive-to-produce specialty parts such as the cannon, sails, masts, rigging, hull etc

Edited by jonwil

awesome ship for imperial fleet.

the ship masts also designed very well and sturdy.

the best ship ever created by LEGO for now.

My god, this is the crown to all Pirate collectors :pir-devil: . It's amazing. And if they have this, they might have 1 or 2 small sets :pir-sweet:

Edit: Seems as Armadiez is now a red coat :pir-laugh:

Edited by Emperor Claudius Rome

Wow, 55 reading. :pir-oh3:

I swear I had a little heart attack when I read the frontpage announcement.

I really was hoping TLC would end the theme with a huge S@H exclusive. This set looks excellent. My first impressions are that the sails look much better than the <insert that tiresome argument> ones with huge symbols we've gotten before. I love that it has an interior and that you can take off the decks to access it. The stern and the bow look very tightly designed, especially the stern with all that pearl gold. :pir-wub: This thing is also way bigger than I originally expected by looking at it. Almost 30 inches, that really is a lot! The only thing I have to complain about so far is that there seems to be space for 8 cannons, but only 4 are included. Also, the price seems a little high, especially when compared to the Medieval Market Village. The minifigures don't seem terribly exciting, but there are 9 of them!

*applause*

A good looking ship and the first Lego® designed three master. The sails look good and this is definitely something to look forward to. Looks like the hull is the dark brown instead of rown. Same color and size as the troll warship I would imagine so if you have the warship already you should be looking to expand this puppy!

The captain's daughter looks like a new fig and the "butcher's knife" held by the cook is one of the flexible spikes that could be seen in a few of the summer '09 sets (like the ones in space truck getaway).

I would note Boney has already told us Pirates would not be a continuing theme in 2010, and though Lego has thrown us a bone with this set and kept us happy (which I certainly am)- I would note that the box appears to be more of the "factory" or exclusive type box instead of the "pirates" box suggesting to me this will be the only Pirates we will see in 2010.

Of course, some are anticipating POTC when the new movie comes out thanks to the Disney license but since that is still all speculation, I might have to nab up more than one of these... even if they are $180

Happy pirating!

WOW just WOW. Although not very realistic, this may be the best Lego pirate set so far; I havent bought anything but parts from both Bricklink and Pick a Brick the past few years. But I'll have to buy this set I guess.

And I'll make a video of my 2nd rate sinking it in one single broadside. :pir-devil:

Edited by Perfectionist

I would note Boney has already told us Pirates would not be a continuing theme in 2010, and though Lego has thrown us a bone with this set and kept us happy (which I certainly am)- I would note that the box appears to be more of the "factory" or exclusive type box instead of the "pirates" box suggesting to me this will be the only Pirates we will see in 2010.

Yes, this set isn't part of the playtheme; its a direct to consumer exclusive.

While I'm still unhappy about the Pirates being discontinued, this does mollify me somewhat...

And now I'll have to get a Soldiers' Fort to go along with it.

WOW!

TLG, if I've ever said something bad to you, I take it back! :pir_laugh2:

This is amazing! I love the cook and the color scheme!

I really want to see the Captain's cabin though, because only thinking of a LEGO organ makes me have goosebumps! :pir-blush:

I hope I can buy this soon.

Brilliance!

This is simply a must buy for me, to go with my Brickbeard's Bounty. There's a whole new female minifig, and do I see an organ in the captain's cabin?

The more I look at the pictures the more I drool.

The details are excellent and in no way this vessel has this "not-so-Lego" feeling that Brickbeard's Bounty had--at least for me.

Thank you Lego! :pir-cry_happy::pir-wub:

This was what I was hoping for from a return of the pirates theme.

I actually believe it can be a good seller in regular shops as well.

Although I'm still unhappy about pirates going on a break, this news made me extremely happy.

Now to convince my girlfriend we need a couple of those in our house. :pir-tongue:

Edited by Teddy