Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafstraw Manor - Chapter 4

Well, Baker was searched and had no jewels. Father, you voraciously supported him and he was lying. You are armed and dangerous, and I cannot let it stay that way.

Vote for Amelia's plan

Vote to tie up the Father

This situation is becoming scarier and scarier. I cannot consciously let someone have a loaded gun on their person in a time like this...

The group has decided to tie up the father just as Rudy comes back in and dumps water on Thomas's head. Thomas coughs and looks up dazed and confused.

Rudy stands in the group's way. "I refuse to allow you to tie up the poor father! I simply won't allow it!" He shouts. The rest of the group looks at each other. What else can they do but tie both Rudy and the father up.

The remaining free 6 poeple (Rex, Amelia, Johnson, Morrison, Florence and Athrnahart) all divide the bullets amoung them. They then give the gun to Rudy, who is the least suspect of al lthe tied up members.

"So, what now? Search everyon'es rooms? Search each other? Question our tied up members?" asks Florence.

I'm sorry we had to do this, Father. Majority rules, I guess.

Anyway, as to the matters at hand. Morrison, could you dig out the criminal files of Baker, the Father, and the Professor? It would be most useful to know these things.

I will try and have a closer talk with Baker.

I'm sorry we had to do this, Father. Majority rules, I guess.

Anyway, as to the matters at hand. Morrison, could you dig out the criminal files of Baker, the Father, and the Professor? It would be most useful to know these things.

I will try and have a closer talk with Baker.

Amelia's right. We need those records.

Dang it! You buffoons untie me at once! Don't forget I have this gun! Oh, there aren't any bullets. Oh well, I never learned how to use a gun anyway.

Amelia, Rex, I taught you. Despite the fact that you don't use the knowledge, as you are a "party man" and a pilot, I still taught you everything you know! You can't do this! You let me out immediatly, or else I'll...I'll...throw a book at you!

AHA! Now you people have shown your true colours, the plan worked perfectly!

Look who felt threatened, who has something to hide... just as I said, Mme. Florence, Athranhart and his flunky Chief Morrison.

*slips out of the rope* (was I tied up? who could tell with all that panicked babbling coming from the villains)

As for the ruby, do you honestly think I would keep it on me? You people have clearly never done this kind of thing before... Amateurs. :hmpf:

*unties the professor* I'm very sorry they acted so foolishly. Knowing that you were tricked into coming here, just like the Father, I know who I can trust and who I can't.

So, crazy people, for all your violence, what did you gain? Did you notice that one of you wanted to commit murder?

Pay attention, close attention, while you still can, we can't protect all of you.

I think the professor was inncoent, Clarance is a criminal, Thomas is mad and I know who else is working with Clarance. No I did not want to kill you Clarance when I wanted to take the gun, I wanted to disarm you. If I wanted to kill Clarance then I would have already done it.

Thomas if you have any sense don't side with Clarance, he will never give you any treasure if you find it. You would be dead.

Let's not forget that our local corrupt cop promoted the idea of murdering me while I was unconscious and even tried to incite the rest of you to join in.

*Realizes that Baker is knocked out*

Ah well, all the easier to kill him.

Vote: Baker/ Shadows

If that doesn't spell it out for you, you're not paying attention.

I think the professor was inncoent, Clarance is a criminal, Thomas is mad and I know who else is working with Clarance.

Thomas if you have any sense don't side with Clarance, he will never give you any treasure if you find it. You would be dead.

Perhaps we need to have a private word? :look:

This is an outrage! How dare you manhandle a man of the Lord's Holy Church on Earth, and tie me up in a corner!? You should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you! Mr. Baker, I believe you have the right of this situation, these people have been duped by the real threat into irrational decisions that have already harmed the cooperation of our group. We will get nowhere with this sort of discord, and more people will very likely die. Now, somebody please untie me this instant, and perhaps we can get on with whatever we are meant to be doing. Tying people up just because you disagree with what they have to say is not the way civilized people act, and I will most certainly remember my treatment from you when I next speak with the Lord on high, and the city official for that matter. Mr Baker, if you would be so kind? You seem like the only person here with half a brain today, these people obviously don't attend church enough. :hmpf:

This is an outrage! How dare you manhandle a man of the Lord's Holy Church on Earth, and tie me up in a corner!? You should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you! Mr. Baker, I believe you have the right of this situation, these people have been duped by the real threat into irrational decisions that have already harmed the cooperation of our group. We will get nowhere with this sort of discord, and more people will very likely die. Now, somebody please untie me this instant, and perhaps we can get on with whatever we are meant to be doing. Tying people up just because you disagree with what they have to say is not the way civilized people act, and I will most certainly remember my treatment from you when I next speak with the Lord on high, and the city official for that matter. Mr Baker, if you would be so kind? You seem like the only person here with half a brain today, these people obviously don't attend church enough. :hmpf:

Stop whining, maybe if you had not had a gun in your robes you wouldn't be in that mess.

In fact I guess we can let you go if you give us the key to your room so we can search it.

This is an outrage! How dare you manhandle a man of the Lord's Holy Church on Earth, and tie me up in a corner!?
Mr Baker, if you would be so kind? You seem like the only person here with half a brain today, these people obviously don't attend church enough. :hmpf:

Oops, knew I forgot something.

*unties Father Clarence*

Oops, knew I forgot something.

*unties Father Clarence*

Thank you very much sir, I appreciate that. May the Lord smile upon you during your time on this lowly Earth, and give you safe passage to the land of Eternal Life, when your time to join Him on High comes. :sweet:

Now, as to looking at those criminal records, I think we should definitely look at them, and I don't know why we haven't already. It would be better for us all if we knew whether somebody here has been a convicted criminal in the past or not. I suspect somebody here must be, for only a criminal who has shunned the Light of our Lord would even consider breaking one of His eternally binding commandments; thou shalt not commit adultery. Wait, thou shalt not commit murder. I think that is more relevant, although adultery is wrong too. Anyway, as a man of the Church, I know I myself have no criminal records, for only those of immoral standing and bad principle would dare break the law of the State and, for that matter, the Law of our Lord on High. I live only to serve the Lord, and with his guidance, the misguided people of this Earth. :classic: I think reading these criminal records would will give us some valuable insight into the people we are dealing with here, and might point to a likely suspect for our killer.

I also think it would be worth searching some more of the house. Can we look around the living room for example, and open any crates that are around? We still haven't figured out why we have been invited to an empty house with a missing host...

Thank you for untying me. Yes, this has truly shown the criminals, those who wish to tie up elderly men for their own gain!

I would like to go pick up a book, and use it as a weapon.

Knowledge is power, especially if it's an encyclopedia. Oh wait! I have an idea!

I would like to find a window, and try to throw the book at the window in an attempt to break it and escape.

thou shalt not commit murder.

Very true, but you are betraying that already. Thomas has indeed killed Jimmy, is that not a sin?

Very true, but you are betraying that already. Thomas has indeed killed Jimmy, is that not a sin?

Are you really this stupid or is it just an act? :angry:

Jimmy was dead by the time the Father and I left from the incident at your door, which means he was killed while you were refusing to let me in or while I was hitting the crooked cop. That means you, the cop, and I, all have an alibi for it. If you read the opening of the day carefully, you'll see that they are two seperate events. Nobody has 2 different things they can do at night, so none of us could have done both!

STUPID. :hmpf:

Are you really this stupid or is it just an act? :angry:

Jimmy was dead by the time the Father and I left from the incident at your door, which means he was killed while you were refusing to let me in or while I was hitting the crooked cop. That means you, the cop, and I, all have an alibi for it. If you read the opening of the day carefully, you'll see that they are two seperate events. Nobody has 2 different things they can do at night, so none of us could have done both!

STUPID. :hmpf:

Accualy, no. We don't know when Jimmy was killed, it could have been before the "Door event" or after it.

Accualy, no. We don't know when Jimmy was killed, it could have been before the "Door event" or after it.

No you aren't really this stupid or no it's not an act?

No matter when it happened, we know that people don't have unlimited free movement to do whatever they want at night. I was given one thing to do, and I did it, that placed me outside your door. Therefore, I couldn't have killed him, and by the same logic, neither could the crooked cop.

I guess you are right about not being sure when it happened, so now I have no reason to think that you couldn't have done it before or after that.

I officially retract my belief that Mme. Florence couldn't have committed the murder, apparently she could have.

Good job clearing that up, Mme.

Wrong the almighty God (Zepher) said we can ask him to do other stuff but it may not work. So it could have been anyone killing Jimmy.

No you aren't really this stupid or no it's not an act?

No matter when it happened, we know that people don't have unlimited free movement to do whatever they want at night. I was given one thing to do, and I did it, that placed me outside your door. Therefore, I couldn't have killed him, and by the same logic, neither could the crooked cop.

I guess you are right about not being sure when it happened, so now I have no reason to think that you couldn't have done it before or after that.

I officially retract my belief that Mme. Florence couldn't have committed the murder, apparently she could have.

Good job clearing that up, Mme.

While at the same tie, you are saying that you aswell could have done it. Rex is right, we can do out action and more during the night. But by what you're saying, I couldn't have done it either, considering I protected myself from you last night.

Stop whining, maybe if you had not had a gun in your robes you wouldn't be in that mess.

In fact I guess we can let you go if you give us the key to your room so we can search it.

The Professor has the gun, Rexie. I do believe you have one of the bullets, too.

Baker, I do believe your alibi, but I'd still like to search the cutlery - there should only be three knives and a fork missing.

Some other ideas about the matters at hand -

We all have a moment in our past where we've done something, or not done something, that led to the harm of others. From what we do know of Jimmy's death, I suspect that someone - under the guise of Lord Faisser - has lured us all here to pick us off for those sins, Ten Little Indians-style. I don't believe that this is in any way related to the treasure, or the mystery of Lucy, though.

The treasure - what do we know about it? We know that Rexie, Baker, the Father, and possibly Morrison have some sort of stake in it. I doubt that the ruby Baker apparently found on Morrison was from the treasure - if Morrison had access to the treasure to take out the ruby, why would he carry around one ruby, and why did we not find any evidence of the treasure in his room? And if Baker had access to the treasure, why take out one ruby to frame Morrison, why not just stow it away until we find an exit from this house? Rexie, you say you know where it is - how? Have you been here before?

The mystery of Lucy - I don't think that this is related, either - we've only heard the name Lucy in connection with Lord Gregor's death, and that seems to have been motivated by revenge. I doubt it was related to Jimmy's death either, as Jimmy seemed fairly young and the photograph of Lucy was described as 'very old'.

Rexie, you say you know where it is - how? Have you been here before?

I may have been here before and I may not have, my father may have told me or he may not have, someone here may have told me or maybe they didn't.

If you wait a while longer you might find out.

Just shut up Baker. :hmpf: I think very few of us are believing your lies. After all of that psycho talk a few hours ago, why wouldn't we tie you up? And Clerance, who defended you over a non-existent ruby, should be too. Now get back in the corner!

Oh, and you saying that you wouldn't have the ruby on you is insulting. You think I would carry a ruby around? And when would you have time to hide it? You knocked me out, and then found Jimmy. Even if you do have ruby, why keep it?

Just shut up Baker. :hmpf: I think very few of us are believing your lies. After all of that psycho talk a few hours ago, why wouldn't we tie you up? And Clerance, who defended you over a non-existent ruby, should be too. Now get back in the corner!

Oh, and you saying that you wouldn't have the ruby on you is insulting. You think I would carry a ruby around? And when would you have time to hide it? You knocked me out, and then found Jimmy. Even if you do have ruby, why keep it?

You're right. We can trust Morrison, he's just being "Used" (Against his will) by Baker.