Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafstraw Manor - Chapter 4

Yes, that's right, one of you miscalculated and I saw the whole thing as I returned to my room after my less-than-thrilling encounter with Mme. Florence. You see, I have not always been a lawyer, oh no, but I am quite familiar with law and order, I used to watch it in repeats at 4pm on channel 14. Wait. What was I saying?

Oh yes, I remember now... I saw the guilty party return to his room after the dirty deed (done dirt cheap, no doubt). A thorough search of the rooms will find the bloody knife, and I would suggest that the party do that, but first, I'd like to go through those crates again, I think we've missed something.

Note to self: don't try and knock out the wackos.

Anyways. You're saying that you did not in fact murder the man you just confessed to murdering, but instead stood by and watched him get murdered. You really don't seem like that much better of a person.

I would like to look at the crates where Baker and I got our knives - I doubt there's any more than three missing - his, mine, and the one I broke trying to open the door.

Oh really? More suspicous than Mr. Bloodsucker Lawyer over here and the goon Father? :hmpf_bad: We're taking the gun. Period. Whether you like it or not. God, I hope this dosen't become a knife fight. :hmpf:

Im prepared to take you down now Clarance. I don't care if you have a knife Thomas, its not as great as what Im hiding from you.

Yes I know where the treasure is and if you kill me then you will never know and if Florance dies than I will kill myself and you will never get the treasure.

Im prepared to take you down now Clarance. I don't care if you have a knife Thomas, its not as great as what Im hiding from you.

Yes I know where the treasure is and if you kill me then you will never know and if Florance dies than I will kill myself and you will never get the treasure.

Ooh, you're much more commanding than the Rex I knew in university... :wub:

I'm pausing the game for a few minutes so I can catch up. Some people seem to have made up some facts, and I've got to sort it out. Please refrain from posting!

...Okay. I would like to knock Baker out. I know it's cruel to do that to such an obviously mentally damaged wacko, but he just confessed to killing Jimmy.
*shakes his knife in Amelia's general direction* That'll be quite close enough now, you just stay back, one of you loons is a killer... and I know which one!

*stands suddenly*

Yes, that's right, one of you miscalculated and I saw the whole thing as I returned to my room after my less-than-thrilling encounter with Mme. Florence. You see, I have not always been a lawyer, oh no, but I am quite familiar with law and order, I used to watch it in repeats at 4pm on channel 14. Wait. What was I saying?

Oh yes, I remember now... I saw the guilty party return to his room after the dirty deed (done dirt cheap, no doubt). A thorough search of the rooms will find the bloody knife, and I would suggest that the party do that, but first, I'd like to go through those crates again, I think we've missed something.

*bends down and picks up a small object from the floor* Fascinating! *quickly shoves it in his pocket*

Shall we get started?

Erm, I have a gun because I'm a cop. Ooh! Scary!

And I would like to knock out what's-his-face (Baker?). I can say that I was going to inspect Mme. Florance last night, and that I did get knocked out by this wacko. Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!

Also, I'm going to say that I'll probably be killed tonight, now that you were all stupid enough to search me and reveal my secrets. :hmpf:

So, I'll let you all in on a little something. I have all of your criminal records, yes, but I also received a ripped piece of paper with all of the visitors on it. However, the list did not include Father Clerance or Amelia. What does this mean? Were these two purposely ripped off, or did no one know?

Now, I'd like to search Baker's room.

Don't insult me. :hmpf_bad:

I am inclined to believe you, however, because your points make sense, particularly that Morrison would not go looking for a suspect without his gun, and Florance has always seemed suspicious to me because of the whole poisoned-tea incident. So, right now:

I would like to search through Florance's room. If we really don't find anything there, then we can start barking up Baker's tree.

Note to self: don't try and knock out the wackos.

Anyways. You're saying that you did not in fact murder the man you just confessed to murdering, but instead stood by and watched him get murdered. You really don't seem like that much better of a person.

I would like to look at the crates where Baker and I got our knives - I doubt there's any more than three missing - his, mine, and the one I broke trying to open the door.

The group advances on Thomas, who is holding his knife out in front of him. He keeps yelling for them to stay back, and waving his knife and making claims about rubies and tresure. Finally Rex pounces and grabs him, dodging a quick slash by the knife. He then knocks Thomas out cold. A quick search of Thomas shows that he is not holding any jewels.

"What should we do with him now?" asks Morison. "I think we should handle him before we search any rooms. Should we tie him up, or kill him, or something else?"

(Thomas, you are currently knocked out and therefore not allowed to post.)

I say tie him up and then we go tie up Clarance.

At a pinch we could just stow him in a crate...

I don't think that is appropriate, he would wake up terrified. I will go fetch some rope from my room. It was at the top of the curtains and it isn't being used.

While we're waiting for Rexie to come back, we need to deal with the gun. Obviously, we're all too paranoid to let any one person use it. So, I propose that one person hold onto the gun itself, and everyone else take a bullet. That way, nobody gets shot, and if they do, it'l be incredibly easy to figure out who did the shooting.

Rex goes into his room and takes some rope to tie up Thomas, which he does.

The group decides to put the matter of Clerance to a vote. They need to decide if they wan to tie him up or trust him.

They also decide to put Amlia's plan to a vote.

(Voting is the same as any other game. Place your vote for both choices in bold.)

And I'm absolutely sure you did, otherwise how could I and Mr. Baker have seen it my good sir? I think it unlikely I am being duped here, the Lord ensures that my eyesight is very good.

Well, it seems that Baker doesn't even have ruby, so how could I have it? And please, don't try to deny that you're lying. Claiming that you saw a ruby slide out of my pocket, but there never was one to begin with? You've just painted a huge target on your own back.

Err, this isn't like one of those reality Radio Mafia games where people vote to lynch each other! :laugh: This is the real world my good sir, and unlike the cops, we are normal civilians who aren't prone to wanton killing when we suspect someone is playing foul. Rather, we discuss things in a civilized fashion, although it would appear there is someone here who enjoys killing... :look:

I know, but I can still find out who's bad and who's good.

Or this emerald I found over here on the floor? Right, sure.

:hmpf: I don't think anyone's buying this ridiculous story of yours.

Blah blah blah, nobody is trying to kill you. I said kill everyone but it was just a figure of speech, so don't play the martyr. :hmpf:

I'm disappointed in you as a lawyer. You said you were going to kill everyone, but oh, now that you're target #1, you were just joking. :hmpf:

Oh, and before officer crookedpants tries to claim he was going to investigate Mme. Florence, I'll just announce that he's lying. No cop, even a crooked one, would wander around a house at night intending to meet a potential suspect without his gun at least in his pocket. No, he was going to visit a friend, a friend who has already resorted to drugging people and throwing wild accusations that attempt to discredit a man of the cloth.

Shame on you, witch! :angry:

Announce that I'm lying? Kind of an oxy-moron, don't you think? Moron. I was visiting her to get some answers. It's what cops do, interrogate people. Geez, you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? Is that why you carry one around with you, again for no good reason?

*Realizes that Baker is knocked out*

Ah well, all the easier to kill him.

Vote: Baker/ Shadows

Vote: Tie up Clarance

Vote: Agree with Amelia's plan

I am not happy being near any of you anymore. Clarance give me the gun or myself, Florance and Arthranhart will take you down. YES THEY HAVE AGREED THEY WILL DO IT.

You would attack a man of the Church, a man of God, so that you could have a weapon to try to silence me? How dare you sir! I will not hand over the gun, it is to be kept out of the irrational hands of people like you who would only use it to hurt others. Shame on you sir, shame on you, and may the Lord look kindly on your misguided soul.

Well, it seems that Baker doesn't even have ruby, so how could I have it? And please, don't try to deny that you're lying. Claiming that you saw a ruby slide out of my pocket, but there never was one to begin with? You've just painted a huge target on your own back.

Oh dear, this is very strange. Just as you are certain you didn't have a ruby, I was certain you did. Perhaps my eye-sight isn't as good as I thought? :wacko:

Oh my Lord! What have you done to poor Thomas!? That is called assault people, and is not only illegal and something you can go to jail for, but also frowned upon by the Lord. We are going to get nowhere if we start knocking out the first person who tries to come forward with any sort of evidence, even if it is proven to be inconsequential. What we should instead be doing is assessing everything everyone says, and hopefully we will be able to come to some rational conclusion about what is going on here.

Amelia, I am not going to give the gun to any of you, as I do not want anything more bad happening and more people dying, however I think your plan is a good idea, and if you will give me a moment I shall fetch the bullets, and we can deal with them as we wish. So yes, I too Vote: Agree with Amelia's Plan.

Err, Morrison, why are you voting for Baker? :wacko: We are voting on Amelia's plan, not on people. Good Lord protect us, we are not a lynch mob who is out to kill people, that would be immoral, wrong and completely against the teachings of our dear Lord on High.

I think I need a moment to pray to the Lord for guidance, this situation is increasingly spiraling out of control.

Father Clarence adopts a praying position and begins muttering.

You would attack a man of the Church, a man of God, so that you could have a weapon to try to silence me? How dare you sir! I will not hand over the gun, it is to be kept out of the irrational hands of people like you who would only use it to hurt others. Shame on you sir, shame on you, and may the Lord look kindly on your misguided soul.

I would attack a man of the church. The lord may look down on me and frown but he must look at himself and weep, for he has killed so many without caring.

Clarance heed your words and rid yourself of such stupidity.

(Hey Zepher can I have permission to edit my previous post because I didn't put it in bold)

Oh dear, this is very strange. Just as you are certain you didn't have a ruby, I was certain you did. Perhaps my eye-sight isn't as good as I thought? :wacko:

Oh my Lord! What have you done to poor Thomas!? That is called assault people, and is not only illegal and something you can go to jail for, but also frowned upon by the Lord. We are going to get nowhere if we start knocking out the first person who tries to come forward with any sort of evidence, even if it is proven to be inconsequential. What we should instead be doing is assessing everything everyone says, and hopefully we will be able to come to some rational conclusion about what is going on here.

Amelia, I am not going to give the gun to any of you, as I do not want anything more bad happening and more people dying, however I think your plan is a good idea, and if you will give me a moment I shall fetch the bullets, and we can deal with them as we wish. So yes, I too Vote: Agree with Amelia's Plan.

Err, Morrison, why are you voting for Baker? :wacko: We are voting on Amelia's plan, not on people. Good Lord protect us, we are not a lynch mob who is out to kill people, that would be immoral, wrong and completely against the teachings of our dear Lord on High.

I think I need a moment to pray to the Lord for guidance, this situation is increasingly spiraling out of control.

Father Clarence adopts a praying position and begins muttering.

"Poor Thomas"? "Assualt"? Now then, in the kingdom of heaven, what do you think is the punisment for atempted murder? Thomas was trying to kill me last night. Also, through searching the Cheif's room, he has access to all of our criminal files. Which just might happen to reveal our night moves. Father, heed your own words...

Amelia, I am not going to give the gun to any of you, as I do not want anything more bad happening and more people dying, however I think your plan is a good idea, and if you will give me a moment I shall fetch the bullets, and we can deal with them as we wish.

If you recall, murdering Jimmy is also frowned upon by the law and the Lord. You really ought to remember that. And we won't be coming to a rational conclusion based upon advice from a murdering madman.

Naturally, I'll Vote: For Amelia's Plan. And leaving the gun with you, Father, seems to be the safest idea. We'll all have the bullets, so you can't shoot anyone on your own, and you're surely smart enough to know that if anyone's shot in the night it'll be on your head. So I recommend you keep the gun, keep the bullets as far away from you as possible, and we might just come out okay.

I'll Vote: Don't tie up Father Clarence. Leaving him effectively unarmed and on tenterhooks is enough, plus he'll be slightly more cooperative than if we tied him up.

If you recall, murdering Jimmy is also frowned upon by the law and the Lord. You really ought to remember that. And we won't be coming to a rational conclusion based upon advice from a murdering madman.

Naturally, I'll Vote: For Amelia's Plan. And leaving the gun with you, Father, seems to be the safest idea. We'll all have the bullets, so you can't shoot anyone on your own, and you're surely smart enough to know that if anyone's shot in the night it'll be on your head. So I recommend you keep the gun, keep the bullets as far away from you as possible, and we might just come out okay.

I'll Vote: Don't tie up Father Clarence. Leaving him effectively unarmed and on tenterhooks is enough, plus he'll be slightly more cooperative than if we tied him up.

Sounds fine. Except, nobody give Baker one of the bullets. It's safer to leave him without one.

Guys think, Just by taking the bullets dosn't mean he is unarmed. I can bet in his room he has tons of murderous weapons.

I wish to search Father Clarances room.

If you are innocent then you will allow me to search the room.

Except, nobody give Baker one of the bullets. It's safer to leave him without one.

That makes perfect sense, and I'm sure the Father will agree.

That makes perfect sense, and I'm sure the Father will agree.

I belive we should continue this elsewhere...

Pulls Rex and Amelia in to another room.

What is going on here!

I would like to throw myself infront of the Father if the others attempt to tie him up or hurt him.

Vote: Don't tie up Clarence.

Vote: Agree with Amelia's Plan

Some of you are turning out to be very dangerous.

I also would like to run to the kitchen and throw water on Baker to try to wake him up.

Hmm, now you're trying to say that you "might have accidentally been mistaken". Not good at all for you, Father.

Oh yeah, just like Thomas assaulted me last night, but you did nothing to stop it. And he supposedly tried to kill Florence last night.

Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!

Vote: Tie up Claerance.

Vote: agree with Amelia's plan.