xwingyoda

Airport Pic Review !!

I picked up the Airport which just came in my Lego shop in Paris !!

Fellow Eurobricks member, pack your suitcase and be ready to venture into the Airport that just opened up in Lego City !!!

Enjoy !!!

Fisrt a general view of the airport and plane !!

img_1327.jpg

The Mfs

I think TLC should have put a little more MFs in this set. You have one pilot and two airports attendents + 2 civilian MFs.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Here is a close-up of the accessories of this set

04.jpg

The little transport vehicle

I think its really neat, its a simple yet really effective design (and I always loved the yellow color).

05.jpg

This vehicle serves two main purposes: carrying luggages to the plane and helping the plane to manoeuvre until its taxi spot.

img_1314.jpg

img_1315.jpg

The plane

I totally disagree with all these so called

Thank you for the great review :)

Love the set, and that Pilot is cool ;)

What an unprofessional review ! I can't believe you did this :P Anyway, I am waiting for the second part of the review...

Wow, I love this set. I'm quite tempted to get it actually, along with thew Passenger Plane set.

PART II

The airport building

The generall view of the airport is great (even if it could have been bigger, considering the size of the plane). Its pretty modern looking with a lot of clear bays !!! (in translucent clear blue yeay !!!).

img_1330.jpg

img_1345.jpg

The tower is really neat !!! TLC really managed well to have a

Thanks for the pics of the Airport. I've got to agree with you, it looks great, and the interior details are really cool! Was this

Plane:

I hate it that the wing is one big part. You have those strange "steps" in the middle of the cabin. Not a good solution. At least they could've designed the "plane body" so the wing "integrates" with the floor, not build it on the floor. Annoying. Other than that a cool looking plane.

Building:

Uh, hello? This thing needs walls! The interior detail is cool, though, I like it. Still, the whole thing looks unfinished.

Guess I'll wait for a sale and then get two...

thanks for the review, yoda

as i said earlier, i don't like it. it looks too materialistic, it has no style, it's not appealing to me

i do like the luggage facility and the interior of the plane, but that is it

there's also no tarmac, so where is this plane going to land?

Thanks for te review. Still, a little to expensive for me, and I still dislike those <insert that tiresome argument> pieces.

If all that glass would've been clear I might have considered picking one up on sale :)

Thanks for the review, Yoda. I am really liking this set! If only I had the money...... :(

What an unprofessional review ! I can't believe you did this

I am really regretting I said that...... :|

I am dissapointed. There aren't enough airplane "worker"figs and civilians in this set. The revolving doors, the baggage claim. The thing to board the plane, the yellow car and its method of pulling the plane, and the control tower are cool, I admit, but they don't make this set worth it. I still prefer the legends airport. I might pickup this City airport when its price is considerably lowered....

1. Great review! ;)

2. Too little for too much. As you said, the features are a nice touch, but it is still too little for too much. I still might get it though, since I sadly don't have a CITY Airport yet. But even if I do get this, I'll have to fill in some gaps. I don't know about any of how you feel, but I personally think the new vehicles (planes, trucks, cars, etc.) are not to scale to the buildings. But I guess that won't be fixed any time soon. If we increase the size of the buildings, the prices will be too much.

Another note: Looking at your Brickshelf Gallery, the back landing gear "axle" seems to be bending under the stress of the weight of the plane. Is this normal or not true?

Looking at your Brickshelf Gallery, the back landing gear "axle" seems to be bending under the stress of the weight of the plane. Is this normal or not true?

I think its due to the pic ;) I rechecked the rear axle and its all strait.

The only thing that is bending are the wings :D

*yoda*

Well i like this set... very nice... the aircraft is sleek and with a good inside.. and the airport it self feels like an place of steel and a place where people hurries..

Thanks for a great review Yoda :)

ps. I did not know there was a Yoda minifig in the set? ;)

well, tt, don't you know people somethimes take their pet with them when they travel? :P

Another one for the set collectors. Allthough the airport interior (not so much the exterior) and the new planes look good, they are far too <insert that tiresome argument> for serious building. The clear blue windows are certainly useful, but without a healthy smattering of ordinary bricks, this set is limited by an overabundance of specialized elements. The sparse slection of minifigs doesn't help for that matter.

A definite pass.

Later.

well, tt, don't you know people somethimes take their pet with them when they travel? :P

Lets just hope it won't be put in quarantine :D

*yoda*

I am amazed by all the people calling this set <insert that tiresome argument> (and a bit pissed, yes). I think you guys should re browse brickset a little bit a look at the old sets. <insert that tiresome argument> ? Comparred to what ? Face it, old sets where crapy comparred to the new ones we have, especially when it comes to design. Yes, it can be less detailed that some of the stuff you'll find around on brickshelf, but the price is definitly not the same. For someone that visits airports a lot, I can guaranty this looks much more like a real airport that anything lego came with before.

I am amazed by all the people calling this set <insert that tiresome argument> (and a bit pissed, yes). I think you guys should re browse brickset a little bit a look at the old sets. <insert that tiresome argument> ? Comparred to what ? Face it, old sets where crapy comparred to the new ones we have, especially when it comes to design. Yes, it can be less detailed that some of the stuff you'll find around on brickshelf, but the price is definitly not the same. For someone that visits airports a lot, I can guaranty this looks much more like a real airport that anything lego came with before.

hm... well, i've seen a couple of airports in my life as well, and i'm quite certain they always had something this airport lacks: a runway, i don't find this to be more realistic than the old airports at all... i also don't think the old airports were crappy... this thing doesn't have a design, basically, it comes down to a couple of large windows and grey bars...

the thing is, the company uses these larger bricks because it makes them easier to build for children, that's all... sure, they could have used large brick walls, but for some reason, and i'm thinking money, they didn't. in this case, i guess it's just a question of taste, you like it or you don't...

Well I've crossed a couple of airports that do look a lot like this one actually :/ But As you say, matter of taste. After lego, lego is about destrying a set and make it better *satis*

This looks like an awsome set....I may pick it up in the near future...

Thanks for the great review!

Nice review, I actually like this plane/airport a lot, I think I may have to pick it up somtime soon, hopfully it wont be too much :-D