Sign in to follow this  
Oky

Pride of the Republic Battle Pack

indexed.gif

This is my last-minute entry. It's my dream battle pack because it includes some of my favorite troopers from the videogame "SW: Battlefront II": A Galactic marine, 501st troopers, and a pilot. Why these? A galactic marine because they look really cool and have a gattling gun; 501st troopers because they look good too and are an elite version of the normal clone trooper, and a pilot because there always seems to be a shortage of pilots in lego sets, and putting one in a BP would really help. I hope you like it.

Pride of the Republic Battle Pack

Pieces: 70

Minifigs: 4

MSRP: 10.99 USD

501st_bp_box_art.jpg

S@H description:

Join the Pride of the Republic! Recreate your favorite battles from Star Wars Battlefront II and the Star Wars movies with this battle pack! This set includes the best the Republic has to offer: A galactic marine, a pilot, and clone troopers of the 501st Legion! In their armed hover transport vehicle, these elite troops can quickly move from battle to battle! The marine carries a powerful gattling gun, and 501st troopers come with jet packs so that they can attack from the air! With this such good equipment, the droid forces don't stand a chance!

Includes 1 Galactic Marine, 1 Pilot, and 2 501st (Jet) Troopers.

501st_bp_minifig_list_small.jpg

The Troop Transport:

Like all official BP vehicles, this one is loosely based on a canon vehicle: The AAC-1 hovertank.

501st_bp_transport_side_small.jpg

501st_bp_transport_top_small.jpg

501st_bp_transport_bottom_small.jpg

More pics (including hi-res ones) in this BS folder.

Edited by KimT

Very nice BP. The speeder is great but the configuration of the seats can't help but make me think it looks like a tourist bus taking tourist through the jungle ... "And on the right hand side you will see some of our very own 501st troopers slugging it out with the Seppies".

Having said all that it is a great BP and I'll definitely buy a number of these to build an army if its a real BP.

"And on the right hand side you will see some of our very own 501st troopers slugging it out with the Seppies".

:laugh:

Nice BP Oky! :thumbup: The speeder is really good, but the seats are a little exposed.

Good luck buddy. :classic:

Hehe, thanks. :classic: Well, the seats are so exposed because I reached the piece limit and decided it could be an open transport, like the AT-OT. The seats are facing outward in order for the troops to be able to just stand up and jump into battle.

Nice entry!

I like the front of your transporter! Looks very elegant.

How did you made those 501 Troopers? They look great!

Greetings

Lion

Ps: Do you post your entry on the last day everytime? :grin:

I like the front of your transporter! Looks very elegant.

Thanks, that's the part I spent the most time on. I really wanted it to look nice and detailed because that's what I like my Lego sets to be like.

How did you made those 501 Troopers? They look great!

Photoshop. I'm a purist. :blush:

Ps: Do you post your entry on the last day everytime? :grin:

Yeah, pretty much. :tongue: I would have done it much earlier, but I had school until last Friday. :sceptic:

Great Battle Pack Oky :thumbup:

Thanks. :classic:

To you too, Forresto & CCA! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'm Totaly voting for you, mostly because you succeded where I failed (submitting it last minute) but also because it rocks

LOVELY! as usual Oky Very Nice :wub:

the Galactic marine and the 501st troopers are the stand out in this battle pack for me.

Are they Decal or sharpied or printed or what? How did you do them?

Lovely and you get my vote :sweet:

CommanderFox

You have my vote, I just LOVE that Galactic Marine and have a weakness for minifig sized gatling gungs:wub:

The speeder looks really well formed and this would be a great asset to my relatively small army of clones, now I just need an AT-AP and I'm ready fot battle :classic: