helos

TTCE:ACT Mak G2000 with freight cars

ENTERED

This is my entry in category 1: a freight convoy built in 7stud.

The engine is a Vossloh Mak G2000 in ACT livery which is currently in service on the railways in Reggio Emilia province and on the main line to and from Bologna. The wagons are two clay carrier for the tiles industry, an Hbbillns in Nordwaggon livery and a TMF grain hopper.

All models are built in 7 stud and required several snot solutions and other, many of them of my own experimentation.

I would like to show here more images but I can't upload them due to a system error that enables me the procedure.

More images:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403379

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403587

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403549

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403549

That's looking very good. I'm a G2000 driver myself (aswell as EMD Class66), so I'm very familiar with it's design. I do think a 8 stud wide one would have been cleaner around the side windows, but overall: very good job. I also like the freightwagons, they are common in Belgium aswell, it's cool to see a Lego version.

This is my entry in category 1: a freight convoy built in 7stud.

The engine is a Vossloh Mak G2000 in ACT livery which is currently in service on the railways in Reggio Emilia province and on the main line to and from Bologna. The wagons are two clay carrier for the tiles industry, an Hbbillns in Nordwaggon livery and a TMF grain hopper.

All models are built in 7 stud and required several snot solutions and other, many of them of my own experimentation.

I would like to show here more images but I can't upload them due to a system error that enables me the procedure.

I love your freight wagons. I've been trying to work out how the roof of your Hbbillns works, any chance of adding some more photos to your brickshelf of it partially taken apart so we can see how it fits together?

There is a limit of 100K for uploads, so if you want to use more photos you can host them elsewhere and link to them (use the insert link function instead of the insert image). Remember to resize them appropriately for forum use; 800x600 is considered a reasonable size here.

That's looking very good. I'm a G2000 driver myself (aswell as EMD Class66), so I'm very familiar with it's design. I do think a 8 stud wide one would have been cleaner around the side windows, but overall: very good job. I also like the freightwagons, they are common in Belgium aswell, it's cool to see a Lego version.

This is the first time I partecipate in any international forum. Lego train and English language....great challenge!

Even if I'm not a sustainer of 8 stud I tried building the mak in that way but it looked too flat and its global figure was rendered very heavy. Only the central upper body was better than the 3 stud current. I really hope to arouse other mak lovers in order to compare the results - Lego models can be easily updated.

The EMD class 66 has also an appealing look and I've already picked up documentation about it ;)

Very nice Helos, and welcome to EB & Train Tech. Please share a little about yourself in the Train Tech Registry.

This is an excellent entry. I'm loving the diesel locomotive. The hopper and freight cars are equally impressive. This looks like a real train with the colors that you've selected and the building style. :thumbup:

I love your freight wagons. I've been trying to work out how the roof of your Hbbillns works, any chance of adding some more photos to your brickshelf of it partially taken apart so we can see how it fits together?

I'm glad you like them. Yes, more photos will come. Please, Let me find time for doing that.

There is a limit of 100K for uploads, so if you want to use more photos you can host them elsewhere and link to them (use the insert link function instead of the insert image). Remember to resize them appropriately for forum use; 800x600 is considered a reasonable size here.

This is my problem. When I am logged I can't entry the gallery and I can't upload images - It appears the following message: There are no categories that you have permission to view.

I wrote to the administrator reporting the problem so I am waiting for an answer.

This is my problem. When I am logged I can't entry the gallery and I can't upload images - It appears the following message: There are no categories that you have permission to view.

I wrote to the administrator reporting the problem so I am waiting for an answer.

I think that isnt a problem, I think that is a deliberate configuration choice for new members, it doesnt work for me either. My way around it was to put my images on Brickshelf, and add links to them, _not_ to upload them. Use the insert link button which is next to the insert image button on the edit box toolbar. I hope this helps :-)

Wow! Your freight cars are some of the best I've seen in a while. The grey car (grain perhaps) is simply stunning in it's incorporation of curves and detailing.

Wow! Your freight cars are some of the best I've seen in a while. The grey car (grain perhaps) is simply stunning in it's incorporation of curves and detailing.

I've already planned of sharing some photos of the grain hopper with construction details-Hope you will enjoy them, the work is in progress. Today I've put on Brickshelf some pictures of refrigerator cars:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=404935

I've been busy driving around those CITA-wagons lately (or some very simular, "ours" carried sugar), with a G2000, and had to think of a whole train of those in lego...

You sure captured the look of the real thing very well.

One question: (if it's not a secret :classic: ) how did you do the headlights of the G2000?

I've been busy driving around those CITA-wagons lately (or some very simular, "ours" carried sugar), with a G2000, and had to think of a whole train of those in lego...

You sure captured the look of the real thing very well.

One question: (if it's not a secret :classic: ) how did you do the headlights of the G2000?

Sorry, I've read now your question. You can find some details at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=403587

Hope you enjoy them.

Other L-G2000 will come - I can't wait yours....