JKooL

Warrant Service

th_thindexedgif.gif 97d

This is my Pillage The Village 2 entry for the small division.

Update: November 25th

After taking into consideration some of your suggestions, I have updated my entry. This is my final MOC and I hope you all like it! Each picture is captioned with a portion of the story.

Warrant Service

An Imperial Captain is wanted for cowardice and abandonment for having fled the village when the pirates last attacked. A warrant has been issued for his arrest and a young Imperial Officer hopes to earn a promotion by bringing the Captain to the magistrate. The Officer knocks on the door, with chains in hand, ready to serve the arrest warrant. Upon receiving no answer, the Officer breaks down the door and begins searching the house.

295btio.jpg

Hearing the knock at his door, the Captain runs to hide in the basement where he encounters another problem. Can the Captain quietly kill the scorpion using his frying pan without the Soldier upstairs hearing him and finding his hiding spot?

35cfw45.jpg

2hgd2kh.jpg

The Captain realizes his frying pan will make too much noise, alerting the guard upstairs. "There must be SOMETHING else I can use to kill this darn scorpion!"!

wb6j3t.jpg

"AHA!" The Captain, upon finding a more suitable weapon, triumphantly returns to face his nemesis.

2e3c38p.jpg

"It looks like no one is home" says the Soldier. He decides to relax in the Captains royal chair. For a short moment, he experiences a life of luxury.

2vbqyqv.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Edited by SlyOwl

This is a wonderfull small entry. I can only think of a couple very small items that you might consider adjusting.

1) Turn the soldier's head (upstairs) a little more toward camera so you catch his face.

2) Take out the brown floor plate in the front of the upper story and put in tiles like the rest of the floor (maybe just have one stud if you need it for his foot.

3) Take out the musket and substitute some food in the barrel (just seems more basement like to me.

I love the curtains and the chair and the overall concept and story are terrific. Great job.

Hmmmm, actually.... props on your choice of figs. Mixing the the new and the old is friggin genius in this instance of the new soldier hunting down the old Captain. I really dig that, and unless the majority says to change it, I'd leave that as is.

I think this is quite a detailed MOC and I am very impressed! The only thing about it I have to criticize is that the yellow shoulder-brackets on the captain should be replaced with gold brackets, as the yellow looks too much like the color of his skin, but that is just my opinion. :pir-classic:

P.S. The chandelier, the detailed floorboards, the chair and the hilarious basement scene are absolutely marvelous!

Edited by Bricknave

The only thing about it I have to criticize is that the yellow shoulder-brackets on the captain should be replaced with gold brackets, as the yellow looks too much like the color of his skin, but that is just my opinion. :pir-classic:

It's more nostalgic that way :pir-grin: The minifigs rock as is.

I agree with Thee Pirate. No nit-picking here, this is hands down the best PTV2 entry for me so far and I'd say also a really strong contender for the Small section. There isn't a single thing about it that's not to like - well thought out, hilarious idea, perfect accomplishment. Bull's eye - and a GREAT job, JKool!

As to the pictures - I found them quite good to begin with and seeing as I'm no photography expert either, I can't really give sound advice. Perhaps tampering with the source of light a tad bit would be a good idea? In any case, 10/10 from me!

Edited by TheOtters

Really nice entry JKool! :pir_laugh2:

I love the contrast between the bright and royal looking top floor, and the dark and dingy cellar. Good idea with putting the top floor at an angle, it gives your entry more character.

Awesome work, and good luck! :pir-classic:

Haha, great entry! :thumbup:

I love the use of those horn/Erdbeereis teeth/fang parts for the chair legs. Very creative! Reminds me of my entry into PTVI with furnature on bone legs:

zuloo-small.jpg

And the scorpion idea made me laugh out loud, well done. :pir-classic:

Wow this is a great small MOC! I really like the chair you made, nice use of the teath part for the chairs legs. I also like the chandelier and the curtains. I do not think there's much room for improvement.

Only thing I could think of to improve your MOC would be if you used some other heads for the minifigs. These are fine, but we've all seen them before. There are some interesting scared faces amongst the powerminer sets, and for the soldier upstairs I'd advise to use an older head, like the ones LEGO produced in the 90's.

~Badboy

I really like this one so there are only a few things you could change. I would dust off some of the pieces, especially the hats, and retake the last picture.

Those are just small things and aside from that I really love this entry, good luck in the contest.

p.s. I like the figs the way they are, I wouldn't change them.

Wow - this is my favourite so far.

It reminds me of LegoJoe's "Small Entry" from last year, which was my favourite

9275.jpg

I love the curtains, the white large lamp with the candles, the cellar floor, the chair with the horns as legs, and the red and white roof/marquise.

I also like how the Officer looks very sure of himself. Great job on picking that minifig head, as it fits this storyline perfectly.

I also love the whole concept of your idea, and the way you've created the contrast between top floor and nasty cellar. If I should give you avice on anything to make even better, it would be to make the cellar even more disgusting. Perhaps include a rat, a spider og something nasty in that brown barrel.

Congrats on making such a fine MOC

Thanks for such a wonderful reception everyone!

I will be working diligently on some improvements, as well as cleaning up the set (dusty hat!), and taking some new pictures with better lighting and no flash.

I wuv you're entry. :pir-wub:

It is amazingly well detailed and the candy-cane colored roof (normally distracting to me) looks great. Everything about this small fantastic little vig is great including the grill tile detail on the bottom floor! :pir-grin:

Nice work and I can't wait to see how far this goes in the PTV finals!

THis is so perfect in every way. I love the curtains and the chair is very nice. The story is very creative and has a nice MOC to go with it. The basement is really good and I like the way it looks rocky. This MOC has everything a MOC should have.

Excellent use of space, and making the most of height is nicely done. I like the idea and the humour that comes with it, and the fact it's built so well makes it all the better.

Very nice entry, I love the window and the chair, though the colours look a bit too modern (maybe some more brown or black). I also wondered why the guy in the basement doesn't just put the torch on the scorpion (maybe that doesn't work properly, I don't know) .

For the rest, I like all the tiles you used and the big hanging light :thumbup: good work!

Yup, one of my favourite small entries as well.

What would you think of having the Officer hold the cuffs at his back, slightly hidden, and a gun in the right hand? Would that be too "brutal" ?

Also, if you had any old, dented, broken pieces, I'd use them as basement walls ;) (though the de-colored bricks are nice too).

This is so cool. How do you guys get so much build and so much storyline into such a small space?!

I love just about everything about this. You have really done an amazing job of showing me the story rather than telling me the story. The use of small and detailed building techniques shows throughout the entire MOC and I cannot find a place that look too small or too boring. The whole picture is just amazing and I further enjoy the minifig and head use. The upstairs looks like and upstairs and the basement looks like a basement. As silly as this sounds, not everyone has the ability to show this accurately.

VERY GOOD JOB!

-martinsuper

Very clever, I like the chair alot, those legs are a great idea.

I wish I was creative as some of you pirate guys.