Sign in to follow this  
jmsenigma

TTCE: Reading Company Iron Horse Ramble

ENTERED

READING COMPANY IRON HORSE RAMBLE

In the fall of 1959, the Reading Railroad decided to run a limited number of steam-powered public excursion trains, dubbed "Iron Horse Rambles." The train is modeled after the first Ramble on October 25, 1959, nearly fifty years ago. Reading's T1 No. 2124 is pulling Reading Company's 408 combine, 1424, and 1474. The rear of the train is nostalgically marked by the two lanterns and the iconic drum head which reads "IRON HORSE RAMBLES, READING RAILROAD"

3963865258_0660d35c3a_b.jpg

Many more detailed photos can be found on my Flickr Gallery.

-Joshua

Wow, that truly is spectacular! I love the image with all 5 cars behind the loco. Does PF have sufficient power to haul this baby?

Wow, that truly is spectacular! I love the image with all 5 cars behind the loco. Does PF have sufficient power to haul this baby?

First off, thank you! Two months cradle to grave was intense! I really saw the contest did some research and went to work. My brother and I did our first tests after taking all the photos, and YES! She can pull all 5 cars! The gearing is definitely set up more for power than speed. In time I would like to re-gear her and keep enough power to pull all 5, but also pick up some speed. In time we will see the full capabilities of PF but for now we are happy we completed it in time for the contest.

OK You guys are becoming far too powerful. If you two keep this up I'm going to have to ban you from PennLUG so you don't make me look bad. :grin:

Seriously guys this set looks killer. Awesome job.

Cale

You have picked a darling prototype and really captured the colors and proportions of the prototype. The construction and supporting details are also outstanding. I like the drumhead.

- BMW

This is a fantastic build, but I suppose being the steam fan I am I'm a bit biased. It's rare to see such a large 6-wide steam engine look so well proportioned, but I think you've done very well. What did you use for the white rims on the drivers? How well do they hold up to the locomotive's basic operations? I've been thinking about adding such detail to several of my steam engines.

--Tony

incredible work!

it amazing how you got all of this huge engine to look so good in six wide. that's not something i would attempt even without PF in it

keep up the good work

I have absolutely no idea why I still haven't commented on this...

This one is a wonderful MOC, one of my top favourites in this contest! As Tony has already mentioned, the proportions of the train are spot-on, but it's other details that really make it stand out -- and, of course, the wonderful yellow motives and livery round it all off in a perfect manner...

I do hope to see more of your brilliant train MOCs, jmsenigma! Thanks for this brilliant entry!