indexed.gif

Hello,

this is my entry for the battle pack contest: the Hutt Clan Battle Pack:

tc33ii.jpg

tc33i.jpg

tc33iii.jpg

tc33iv.jpg

-Technical details and story:

Although Jabba didn’t care about the wars of the galaxy, he was finally involved in the Clone Wars because he controlled many hyperspace routes in the Outer Rim territories. That’s why he ordered a new ship for the clan’s forces: the TC-33 Desert Speeder. It was produced, like nearly all ships of the Desilijic-Clan, by the Ubrikkian Industries, featured two antipersonnel laser cannons (one on each side) and was one of the few speeders, the less intelligent Gamorreans were able to pilot. But most important: the maximum speed was 300 km/h.

-Product description:

The Desilijic-Clan of the crime lord Jabba the Hutt is in war! The clan collects his forces to front the evil Separatist droids lead by Count Dooku. Use the fast TC-33 speeder to smash your enemies!

-includes 1 Gamorrean Guard, 1 Gamorrean pilot, 1 palace guard and 1 elite mercenary!

-measures 4” long!

I always hoped to get a battle pack of a Hutt Clan, because I like the Gamorreans so much. :wub: The contest gave me the chance to create my dream battle pack, that’s why I decided to built a Hut battle pack.

The minifigures were clear: Gamorreans (unfortunately I only have two :blush: ), a palace guard (you can see this guard in episode 6 --> Lando Calrissian is wearing the uniform) and an, more or less, independent mercenary as an alien. In this case a Vurk from the planet Sembla.

The design wasn’t easy. The speeder should have a “middle age touch” but look elegant at the same time. So I built a speeder with many elegant curves, but also added one detail, that looked like from another time – the tooth like covers of the engines.

So, I hope you like my entry.

Greetings,

Lion

Edited by KimT

Love it :classic:. The two Gammoreans are great but then you have also included two other minifigs to add more variety to make your army. Where did you get the alien head from?

Love it :classic:. The two Gammoreans are great but then you have also included two other minifigs to add more variety to make your army. Where did you get the alien head from?

I believe hat is the Green Goblin head.

Thank you very much. I bought the alien head from an ebay store named "Cab Custom Design Technologies". But I think, this shop doesn't exist any longer.

Indeed it is a custom head made of plastic. Well, I actually didn't only buy the head. I bought the minfigure "Coleman Trebor", the Jedi who is killed by Jango Fett in the Arena of Geonosis.

This shop produced many other minfigures too. Like Dr. Evazan, Boss Nass etc...

I'm glad you like it. :classic:

Wow! I love this! :thumbup: The speeder is well designed, and the figure selection is very good.

Well done, you might have my vote. :wink:

Great battlepack idea and you do got love those gammoreans. To be the bearer of good news because, Custom Bricks and Minifigures is still in buisness :sweet: . Here's a link to their Ebay site Custom Bricks and Minifigures ebay shop. They don't have you're guy's head in stock but I did see it there a month ago.

This is a great BP. I don't have any Gamorreans so I'll definitely buy this. The Speeder also has the right "feel" for a Hutt vehicle.

Looking at those Gamorreans makes me think its time Lego update them the same way they updated the Ewoks in the recent Endor set.

Thanks for the positive comments, guys!

@Forresto: Yep, these are the same products so I guess they just changed their name. Coleman must be out of stock. :oh3:

Thanks for the information. There are pretty nice new products...

@Fumoffu: Yeah, you're probably right. A new Episode 6 set would be great - especially a Jabba set.

Greetings

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

I really like your figure selection and your vehicle. It feels very Tattooine/Star Wars-like. I'd never thought of this battlepack, but I'd immediately buy a few of these.

I do prefer this version of the Gammorean. The simplicity has its charm.

I believe hat is the Green Goblin head.

Maybe you've been staring at your computer to long. It's clearly a well-done custom, and now the question's been answered as it was from an ebay shop that is now closed down. :cry_sad::tongue:

Anyway, I love this! Great minifigs, and a nice speeder too. :classic:

Rules Of Entry:

• 4 Minifigs - brickbuilt minifigs counts a minifig (no more, no less).
  • 50-70 Parts (minifigs not included).
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • No baseplates (or large parts like BURP).
  • S@H-like Description (check the descriptions on shop.lego.com for inspiration).
  • Own motivation for creating set (why these figs and accessories?).
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles - One of which should be a box diplay/image.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.

Great entry Darth Lion.

I really like your battle pack Lion, this would make an awesome accompanyment to Jabba's Sail Barge! The custom Vurk looks great, the palace guard too - I really like those armour prints and they suit your theme perfectly. I also like your inclusion of the LEGO Gamorrean guards - I only have 4 and would love some more!

Good work! Best o' luck in the contest!

Great entry :thumbup:. I like really like the speeder and the teeth and the back of it look like they should be there. I like your minifig selection especially your custom one he's really cool

Good luck in the contest!

Maybe you've been staring at your computer to long. It's clearly a well-done custom, and now the question's been answered as it was from an ebay shop that is now closed down. :cry_sad::tongue:

tc33iii.jpg2548773208_9099495b43.jpg.jpeg

It does look like the Green Goblin. :wink:

I really like your battle pack Lion, this would make an awesome accompanyment to Jabba's Sail Barge! The custom Vurk looks great, the palace guard too - I really like those armour prints and they suit your theme perfectly. I also like your inclusion of the LEGO Gamorrean guards - I only have 4 and would love some more!

Good work! Best o' luck in the contest!

I'm glad you like it. :classic:

Yes, I bought the set "K9-Bot" because I loved those leg armour prints. And then I noticed that the legs would match perfectly with the body prints of the mercenary. Here you can see, that many parts of the "space police" line can be very useful. :wink:

Greetings

Lion

Wow you did a really good job darth lion!

I would seriously buy this if I could. :thumbup:

There is only one minor flaw: One of the control sticks in the vehicle is grey/black and the other one is completely grey. :sceptic:

But this is nevertheless one of the the best battleback around! :wink:

Wow you did a really good job darth lion!

I would seriously buy this if I could. :thumbup:

There is only one minor flaw: One of the control sticks in the vehicle is grey/black and the other one is completely grey. :sceptic:

But this is nevertheless one of the the best battleback around! :wink:

Thanks! :cry_happy:

Yes, you probably know the situation that the builder judges his work more critically then the viewers. :grin:

And yes, I noticed this little mistake, too. Unfortunately too late. :sceptic:

But who cares. :tongue:

Greetings

Lion

Ps.: Call me Lion.^^

Edited by Darth Lion

Darth Lion nice battle pack :thumbup::sweet:

I like the fig choice and the speeder is very nice awell :thumbup:

That head that is a custom, is very nice! it reminds me of that Jedi in ep 2 who jumps up into Count Dookus private box but Jango straightaway kills him.

Good luck!

CommanderFox

Darth Lion nice battle pack :thumbup::sweet:

I like the fig choice and the speeder is very nice awell :thumbup:

That head that is a custom, is very nice! it reminds me of that Jedi in ep 2 who jumps up into Count Dookus private box but Jango straightaway kills him.

Good luck!

CommanderFox

Jep, you have a good eye. It's actually the same species - a Vurk from the planet sembla.

Thank you for the positive comments, guys!

That's a great entry, Darth Lion! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

I indeed can't imagine TLG releasing this one since most people surely would only buy one - and BPs are there for buying many of them.

Nevertheless the composition of the different contents - minifigs, small vehicle and additional stuff - is great!

The head of the one alien looks great.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

I indeed can't imagine TLG releasing this one since most people surely would only buy one - and BPs are there for buying many of them.

Nevertheless the composition of the different contents - minifigs, small vehicle and additional stuff - is great!

Klaus-Dieter

Thanks a lot!

But I WOULD actually buy many of them, because I'm a Gamorrean fan, and I don't see a reason, why not to buy multiples of these, but that's only my opinion. :tongue:

Greetings

Lion

(Grüße aus Rheinland-Pfalz) :grin: