Legoliner Pilot

8398 BBQ Stand Mods

I got the BBQ stand [well, two of them] a few weeks ago and I decided that it was a little flawed -who puts ketchup and mustard on their chicken- . Not a problem though if you know how to fix it!

This first major change is the topping change. People don't put ketchup and mustard on their chicken! But people do put salt and pepper on their chicken!

1bfa05b8.jpg

I also change the grill pieces to reflective (literally) shiny gray pieces...

136ed4b3.jpg

You may or may have not noticed the third change: a light-bley inverted plate (this piece) that allows you to [yes!] stick the stand on a base plate...

0dafa68d.jpg

The fourth change is near the 1x1 light clip holder that holds the umbrella in place. I introduced some light bley 1x1 tiles near the clip to even out and add to the overall look of the stand.

a1df1d17.jpg

And finally, I added a second drink to the cooler.

0a18bfda.jpg

Great MOD. The best is the 90 degree plate thingy that allows you to put it on a baseplate :thumbup:

Great Mod. Not a lot of changes but the effect is a much better BBQ Stand.

You might be surprised at how many people want Ketchup (aka Tomato Sauce over here in NZ) and mustard on their chicken.

Great MOD. The best is the 90 degree plate thingy that allows you to put it on a baseplate :thumbup:

Thank you for your comment! I felt that it was really hard to manage a BBQ stand that slid off the baseplate off the time.

Great Mod. Not a lot of changes but the effect is a much better BBQ Stand.

You might be surprised at how many people want Ketchup (aka Tomato Sauce over here in NZ) and mustard on their chicken.

Well, I was basing off a US or European chicken stand. I'll look into that though! :classic:

People in our country (Philippines) do put ketchup in our fried chicken. And not just tomato ketchup, BANANA ketchup too.

Nice mods. Especially the 90 degree stand. A question though, salt and pepper in squeeze bottles?

People in our country (Philippines) do put ketchup in our fried chicken. And not just tomato ketchup, BANANA ketchup too.

Nice mods. Especially the 90 degree stand. A question though, salt and pepper in squeeze bottles?

I wanted to keep the set look, so I kept the toppings in those types of bottle.

It would be hard to make a salt and pepper shaker to a realistic scale out of Lego.

Nice little mods and good use of the 90 degree plate for mounting.

FYI - I live in the UK and I almost always put ketchup on my chicken.... :tongue:

Cheers

Rog

Bravo! That is a great MOD that I will be copying... I will have 2 stands. One for hot dogs and another one Chinese.