Sign in to follow this  
Raphy

Racers 2010

The TTs are kinda disappointing this year, but the big cars look cool, aside from the foot launcher. I still want to see some Ferraris or Lamborghinis though.

The TTs are kinda disappointing this year, but the big cars look cool, aside from the foot launcher. I still want to see some Ferraris or Lamborghinis though.

I actually think the $20 ones look pretty good, with a nice selection of rare/currently unavailable small parts.

I actually think the $20 ones look pretty good, with a nice selection of rare/currently unavailable small parts.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say. :blush:

Hey! Just came back from another trip to my TRU (United States), and they now are fully stocked on 2010 Racers....including all four of the larger foot pump cars, all 4 Tiny Turbo playsets (they added Security Smash), and all 4 Canister TT.

Here are the front shots, which were shown earlier in the thread:

IMG00414.jpg

Back shots showing the reccommended playsets:

IMG00415.jpg

IMG00416.jpg

8195 goes with Security Smash (8199)

8193 goes with Highway Chaos (8197)

(A picture on 8195 and 8193 shows a suggestion for combing the two vehicles)

8192 goes with Chopper Jump (8196)

8194 goes with Ramp Crash (8198)

(A picture on 8192 and 8194 shows a suggestion for combing the two vehicles)

Again, sorry for the quality, they were taken with my cell inside TRU.

I think the 2010 TT playsets are actually a lot better designed than last years. Last year they were mostly racing themed, where as these are more action oriented.

captainsamus, did you happen to notice if any of the standalone Tiny Turbos had names on them? I know which ones are Turbo Tow (8195, the red Hummer-like tow truck), Blue Bullet (8193, the light blue and orange racer), and Nitro Muscle (8194, the dark blue/purple car). However, I still don't know the name of the lime green truck (8192).

-Toa of Justice

captainsamus, did you happen to notice if any of the standalone Tiny Turbos had names on them? I know which ones are Turbo Tow (8195, the red Hummer-like tow truck), Blue Bullet (8193, the light blue and orange racer), and Nitro Muscle (8194, the dark blue/purple car). However, I still don't know the name of the lime green truck (8192).

-Toa of Justice

It's actually just called Lime Racer. The Lego naming team must have taken the day off. :-)

It's actually just called Lime Racer. The Lego naming team must have taken the day off. :-)

Thanks for that, captainsamus! :thumbup: Despite that name, I still like the set. I hope I can get to a Toys 'R' Us soon...

-Toa Of Justice

Chris from Reasonably Clever found 7971 Bad at TRU:

4128035332_6b7302832a.jpg

Probably the shortest set name in the history of LEGO. :wacko:

I found 7970 Hero at Toys 'R' Us a couple of hours ago:

4132524596_83ffc88804.jpg

EDIT: And a clearer front box shot of 8198 Ramp Crash:

4131733621_460f1739e0.jpg

Edited by ILikePi

It's also the most accurate when it comes to describing the set. :P

:laugh:

I like you, I was thinking the same thing.

Those stupid blower things are the most useless piece. I can't stand them. I was hoping they were forgotten after Life on Mars, then they came back for Mars Mission. I wish they would just stop the pain.

All four pump action sets and possibly all the fold out track sets are at LEGO Stores (at least the one in Valley Fair):

4138187117_d5cb48d4d0.jpg

Bad, Strong, Fast and Hero are the only ones, right?

Do you know that? :cry_happy:

1:10 Technic Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Polizia di stato

I'm not one to collect those large model quality sets, but that car as a LEGO display is just SMASHING. So shmexy. So smooth.

I'm not one to collect those large model quality sets, but that car as a LEGO display is just SMASHING. So shmexy. So smooth.

I hope you know that those pics are of the real car :wacko: I can't wait to see pics of it, I want this set already relly badly!

BTW, what's with the names of those kick-cars?

"Kick cars" are:

Lego 7967 - Racers Fast

Lego 7968 - Racers Strong

Lego 7970 - Racers Hero

Lego 7971 - Racers Bad

An Italian store calls them Serpente, toro, lupo, bandito (Serpent, Bull, Wolf, Bandit).

That same store has prices for 8214 Police Gallardo (54.99) and 8211 Brick Street escape (49.99).

Tiny Turbos and Foldouts will be priced like 2009 sets (4.99 and 14.99 each), while "kick cars" will be 11.99.

I hope you know that those pics are of the real car :wacko: I can't wait to see pics of it, I want this set already relly badly!

BTW, what's with the names of those kick-cars?

I'm aware of that. :laugh: What I mean to say is that I can't wait to see the LEGO set of that car.

I do hope it translates well. The car is just so darn shmexy.

The Cobra hello pics from the sets.

Here’s 4 LEGO Mini Promotional sets from the LEGO Racers.

4261771536_c02175dd9b.jpg

4261016539_583c7cacda1.jpg

4261016549_6e8cc8b99e.jpg

4261016573_cf5160ee6d.jpg