ForceMaster

Space Police 2010

I really hoped they'd release a more sinister-looking villain line of sets!

The villains in the current space police are all alien, which I think is kinda wrong because the heros are all human...

Still, it's far better than mars mission. I'm looking forward to seeing these in the shops.

If only Blacktron could return...

BTW, if they end up becoming :alien: too, I'll sue TLG for messing up a great theme.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with the Squidtron set. :sceptic: The reasons:

• I expected it to be bigger. (That's what she said. :laugh: )
  • I thought it would be some kind of cool Blacktron 3 starfighter, but it's just a space age tow truck. :thumbdown:
  • Squidman looks better in green and red, and I was hoping he would have some kind of Blacktron torso just like Rench.
  • The police officer has the same old Power Miner head as the one from Raid VPR. :thumbdown: I hope that this is prelim, but I'm not holding my breath as these pics look rather final.

The design is kinda nice though, especially that of that hilarious asteroid-mounted ATM :laugh: , and it's definitely a great parts pack, so I will get at least one of these just for that. :thumbup:

Raid VPR looks great as ever. :thumbup: I just hope it'll be cheaper than Amazon shows it. Also, I still think the name of the set is rather curious. I mean, who is doing the raiding here? With Batbrick's conspiracy theory in mind, I can't help but think that it's the space police... :look: :look:

I like the Squidtron set - although I'm not really a fan of the recolour of Squidtron himself.

The ATM is a great touch and the vehicle itself looks more solid and well-designed than most of the wave 1 sets. My main criticism is that the yellow part of the purple/ yellow combination is mostly stickered, apart from a few bricks. I don't like sets where a large amount of visual detail comes from stickering; it reminds me too much of the Hyena Droid Bomber :laugh:

Still, the bulky menace of the craft itself is impressive and chunky, and I will pick this up for sure :thumbup:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Mmm... Spacey Sprinkles! :grin:

Also, some more high res deeplinks:

5982-1.jpg

5981-1.jpg

The ATM is a great touch and the vehicle itself looks more solid and well-designed than most of the wave 1 sets.

I agree about the ATM (it's the best McGuffin in the SP3 line to date :thumbup: ), but not about the vehicle. I don't really like how you see the Technic construction on the side, and the back looks a bit randomly designed.

My main criticism is that the yellow part of the purple/ yellow combination is mostly stickered, apart from a few bricks. I don't like sets where a large amount of visual detail comes from stickering; it reminds me too much of the Hyena Droid Bomber :laugh:

You got a point there, but in this case I don't mind since it means less yellow parts and more purple parts. :grin:

But you're absolutely right about the Bomber - Man, that thing is crap. :hmpf_bad:

lol oky wan kenobi eurobricks needs more thats what she said

Hehe, thanks. It's the only joke in The Office that I find funny. But how about contributing something that is actually relevant to the topic at hand (and using some capitalization and punctuation when doing so)? :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

If only Blacktron could return...

BTW, if they end up becoming :alien: too, I'll sue TLG for messing up a great theme.

:laugh:

I'd love to see that!

I could see Blacktron returning as an alien gang or something.

I mean they call these sets Space Police but they aren't anythnig like the last two Space Police themes.

I am generally not much for anything other than Star Wars, but these new sets look great if only for the peices. I could make so many ODSTs and Covenant MOCs with those helmets and the purple peices. I will easily pick up a few of these. Thanks for the pics :thumbup:

-We go feet first.

5982-1.jpg

A small ball? Is there a feature we don't know about? :look:

EDIT: The SPIII officer is shooting at the ball! It's connected to a Technic rod. Maybe you push the ball in, and the crane falls off?

5981-1.jpg

A small set but a real treasure IMO.

This Raid VPR is just the best small space fighter set since I don't know when. The cockpit is almost air tight and best of all the windscreen incorporates a hinge mechanism (something which can't be said about the VX Falcon in Hyperspeed Pursuit or the Galactic Enforcer).

Also the space police helmets are totally new pieces which are enclosed, or were they used as dive helmets in Aquaraiders or something?

Now on to Rench the alien (Blacktron?) dude, all I can say is that I see some major possibilities with that torso of his, which will require me to buy multiples of this set... :thumbup::grin:

What I've seen so far of the upcoming Space Police looks very promising. I love the Pit Stop set, and the Smash and Grab is droolsome. Pur, pur, purple!! After hearing all those worrying stories about purple being phased out, I'm so glad they appear to be unfounded. :grin:

Also, some more high res deeplinks:

Those are from the Brickset.com image database; I did the old "zoom/Print Screen/past together in Photoshop" dance on Amazon.com to create them :-)

Ian

Edited by iangreig

Thanks Ian!

You did a great job, they look seamless :wink: (The Aople Tree House is lovely in higher res too)

My pleasure :-)

I'm pretty enthusiastic about what we've seen so far of the 2010 Space Police sets; can't wait to see what else we'll be getting. It's obvious there's a lot of effort & love going into these sets from the design team in Billund.

Ian

Another year of Cops in Space...hellacious! :devil:

Raid VPR - Not perfect IMO, but still really nice. I imagine the new Blacktron torso'll drum up some sales.

Smash 'n' Grab - :wub: I love this! Squidman's cousin looks great, and I love the tow truck vibe.

A small set but a real treasure IMO.

This Raid VPR is just the best small space fighter set since I don't know when. The cockpit is almost air tight and best of all the windscreen incorporates a hinge mechanism (something which can't be said about the VX Falcon in Hyperspeed Pursuit or the Galactic Enforcer).

Also the space police helmets are totally new pieces which are enclosed, or were they used as dive helmets in Aquaraiders or something?

Now on to Rench the alien (Blacktron?) dude, all I can say is that I see some major possibilities with that torso of his, which will require me to buy multiples of this set... default_thumbup.gif default_laugh2.gif

I like this set too. Rench would fit in perfectly into my Blacktron 1 collection. :grin: I can't tell what color that windscreen is though. Is it trans-dark blue or medium blue?

These helmets look new to me. Aquaraiders just used the standard helmet, although with a printed logo on top.

About what?

1. Squidtron's torso reminds me of Han Solo.

2. The Bad guy SPIII legs, with the skull belt buckle, doesn't go over the torso.

1. Oh, Ok I thought you meant that you thought Squidtron as a whole was like Han and I realy didn't get that, thanx for clearing that up.

2. I think it is still prototype. didd you see prototype kranxx? He had the torso, and legs of an agents mook, and that was his box art :sick:

1. I like this set too. Rench would fit in perfectly into my Blacktron 1 collection. :grin: I can't tell what color that windscreen is though. Is it trans-dark blue or medium blue?

2. These helmets look new to me. Aquaraiders just used the standard helmet, although with a printed logo on top.

1. Rench does look awesome. I think the final copy of that set will be transdrkblue regardless of what it now.

2. They are new.

Firstly, thanks for the sweet pics, seems earlier each year we get the prelims.

I take back what I said about the Raid VPR set, the ship looks fantastic for such a small set. It has an opening cockpit and is nearly airtight; which will only take a 1/3 brick raise at the back to solve anyway. It also has controls that aren't just one joystick. The wings at the front are great too, very useful for space.

The minifigs are great still, I love the alien's names, even though the geek inside me realises it doesn't make any sense for an alien being to have a concept of an Earth creature on their own planet and then be named after it. Unless of course he was born on Earth and just had cruel parents :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

The minifigs are great still, I love the alien's names, even though the geek inside me realises it doesn't make any sense for an alien being to have a concept of an Earth creature on their own planet and then be named after it. Unless of course he was born on Earth and just had cruel parents :grin:

It could be a callsign of some sort, I suppose.

Is there going to be more space police sets coming or is this it for the january 2010 line?

I really like the small space police ship and it's kindof a nice change from the tiny little space scooters. My one real problem with this though is it has the same minifig as the other new SP set which is kinda lame :sceptic:

The new box art is beautiful too and it has sort of a decaying futuristic city feel to it :classic:

Is there going to be more space police sets coming or is this it for the january 2010 line?

I think this might be it. :sceptic: People who have seen retailer catalogs (which showed the complete line of sets for every other theme) say that there weren't any others than these two. But who knows, TLC has been able to keep these two sets secret until recently too, so there might be more that we don't know about yet. :wink:

Maybe they'll be a release later in the year, I asume Lego expect alot of children to get Space Police at Christmas and thus a few cheaper sets after Christmas will give children something to spend any money they got for christmas on.

I'm pretty sure that this is it... after all, they released 2 small MM sets during January of its second year, and then another full summer lineup, so I think we'll see that here, too.

I'm pretty sure that this is it... after all, they released 2 small MM sets during January of its second year, and then another full summer lineup, so I think we'll see that here, too.

yes I hope there is more (very alot of hopeing) but I'm not sure that there will be more after this because, Pirate was another "half-year" thing and now it's over after sending one more set out