def

Lego Star Wars art

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I couldn't easily find another topic like this, and since there's a nice regular photography thread going, I thought I'd start an art one. I did this today, and already it looks primitive, but I'm not an Illustrator pro. If you have any advice on how to make it better, let me know.

battledroid.png

I'll try to do more eventually.

Edited by KimT
indexed

This is cool :thumbup:

I like Art and this is SW Art so i like it better!

The shot from the gun could be alittle down toned, it looks abit like someone has fired at the gun and the shot is bouncing off, not actually being fired from the gun. If you know what I mean :tongue: sorry I can't explain it any better :blush:

Looks really good though :thumbup: keep it up.

CommanderFox

P.S.

maybe a clone one now...fighting back. That is if your taking suggestions :sweet:

Edited by CommanderFox

Like it a lot - more, please !

Assuming this isn't a scan (it certainly doesn't look like one), what software did you use to put it together ?

Dr. D.

Edited by drdavewatford

Great looking drawing. I like the flame you did the red and yellow look so vibrant. IG 88's gun is really well drawn and looks just like the actual thing.

Great work, I would love to see more :thumbup:

Great! I like it a lot... specially the "metal" of the droid looks really fantastic! As already mentioned, I'd like to see more...

I'm not sure if I've already posted my acryl painting - my first and only one... since school I didn't paint anything so there are quite some flaws..

neustormpaint001.jpg

Thanks for some quick feedback. I've already tweaked the pic a bit, added more detailing to the bot and gun.

Doing a clone or something would be a challenge, but I'll get to it. Right now, I'm trying to beef up my portfolio with a variety of pics. I did this in Illustrator, which is pretty standard for graphics these days. My big gripe with this pic is the background being flat, particularly the floor. I need to keep working on it though, I've only been using the software for a few months now. But it's getting somewhat easier.

I suspect Illustrator is the soft the Lego comics are done in, if they aren't just 3-D renders. I'm sure Lego torso and heads are done with this program.

More eventually :grin:

Wow, you have my utmost respect for doing that in Illustrator. I hate the program.

Anyway, it's awesome, but maybe you could add the droid's shadow.

It's getting better and better... fascinating to watch it improve more and more.. a shadow would really add well to the picture... keep on the great work!

Lookin` good there, def, the droid and gun look perfect to me. I am not sure about the fire though, it looks a bit too cartoonish to me, might need some more colours there, like orange.

I have a completely different idea too:

Star Wars vehicles and characters made from letters, numbers etc. like smilies and text message symbols.

Here are a few TIEs: |o| (-o-) (oo) [-o-] (Fighter, X1, Bomber, Crawler)

Stupid idea, I know.

That's cool, def. It really looks like a fig. And to fenris, greast job as well! I like the smoothness of the paint :thumbup:

BTW, def, why is your website .ca when you are in Japan?

BTW, def, why is your website .ca when you are in Japan?

Because I'm from Toronto :tongue: I haven't been there in years, but I founded my site while living there.

It's looking ALOT better now def :wub:

The droid is alot better :thumbup:

and to fenris, that is a very cool painting :wub::thumbup:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Wow, that looks awesome! How long did it take to draw it?

I don't want to bother you def, but I think you should know that you drew the droid's arms upside-down. The thicker end of the droid arm is supposed to be attached to the joint. :wink:

Edited by ILikePi

Wow, that looks awesome! How long did it take to draw it?

I don't want to bother you def, but I think you should know that you drew the droid's arms upside-down. The thicker end of the droid arm is supposed to be attached to the joint. :wink:

Thanks (and to anyone else with a kind comment). It probably took two hours for the main drawing, then about an hour and a half of tweaks throughout the day as I noticed what I liked and didn't like.

As for the arms... When I was drawing it, I noticed that one end was wider than the other, but I didn't have both arms the same way. As you noticed, I went with the hands as the thick part, I'll have to live with it :grin:

Mkay...

I guess that since we've got that LEGO Star Wars Photography going, we should also have an art topic.

I've indexed this, so please keep all your art here.

If this turns into

"Look what I drewz in klazz today"

[flashing of crappy pencil sketch]

Then I'll shut this down faster than you can say: "pollywannacrakka"

:vader: