31 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_6705_157_17796.png

Another review brought to you buy the Reviewers Academy.

This set was actually purchased for me as a gift by my Wife, who had a note on the flag authorizing the purchase of $100 more in LEGO.

BASIC INFORMATION:

Set Name: Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase

Set Number: 7620

Number of Pieces: 79 LEGO box, 79 Peeron, 79 Brickset, 66 Bricklink

Minifigs: 3

Price: $10 USD

Theme: Indiana Jones

Year Released: 2008

RESOURCES:

Peeron

Bricklink

Brickset

Flickr (high res pics available here, also by clicking the image's in the review, new to Big Cam's reviews)

THE REVIEW:

The Box: Purchased by my wife and luckily kept in great condition.

Front:

3937508789_d2f82ab5fc.jpg

LEGO did a great job of making this set look fun, which is what it's all about.

Side:

3937508949_4af96f6faf.jpg

Full size portraits of Indie, his dad and the obligatory bad guy.

Back:

3938286302_3ffa7bee4e.jpg

This could just as well be a review shot, it has all the players with a nice background, plus a motion shot of the gate, it moves, oh ya!

Instructions

Front:

3938286538_a9455f7168.jpg

Same image as the box like most small sets, a great scene set up if you ask me.

Back:

3938286778_dd1a28075b.jpg

Star Wars, Bionicle, City oh my. Wait, you can win LEGO? Maybe I should start reading these.

Random Page:

3938286974_d66501e652.jpg

Not so random, as I choose it, and I choose it because the build steps are so short, this way we get the inventory and a nice scene.

Contents:

3937509957_ae5a69ba4a.jpg

I must admit this looks small, probably because I left the bikes and fig's put together from when my wife built it.

Printed Pieces:

3938287164_9f94a4f8b4_o.jpg

It's a TRAP!!, I mean a Map. :classic:No stickers, woot!

Minifigs:

Front:

3937510095_566d96a54f.jpg

Indie, a typical baddy, and Jones Sr. Nice bunch.

Back:

3937510227_13071f1946.jpg

No back printing :sad:

Jones Sr,no helmet:

3937510289_4d1e65e05d.jpg

I think LEGO did a spectacular job of making this face look a lot like Sean Connery, so I felt he deserved a no helmet shot, look at that beautiful printing going all the way up his head.

Motorcycles, gates, boxes, Oh my!

Motorcycles:

3938287508_39c97b29f9.jpg

Very nice pieces if I do say so. Also the sidecar can go on either bike, thanks technic pins.

Front View:

3938287554_4f47328cdf.jpg

Very similar and that sidecar has two very usable studs, I can only image what could be thrown on the front of this two seater escape bike.

Mirror image:

3938287676_413e756086.jpg

Whoa, mirror image, well except for the whip, and backpack, and um the sidecar. OK, I guess they are no mirror images after all.

Rear view:

3937510595_c38603ae4a.jpg

Nice backpack, and whip holder. What if Indies signature weapon was a bazooka?

Gate:

3938287784_06e5cda4f6.jpg

This is a nice little gate and comes directly out of the movie. The hinge is solid and the bar will stay at whatever angle you set it at. A few boxes and a flag make you feel right at home.

Inside view:

3937510745_9c8b637f1a.jpg

Nice little area with room for one to two inept guards.

The Escape:

3937510885_67a7713ed0.jpg

Jones Sr. "I don't think this map is very clear"

Forget the Map:

3938288084_fdc55805d0.jpg

Indie "Forget the map, we have to go!"

Jones Sr. "Fine but I'm going to bring the map"

The approach:

3937511137_e35c60a303.jpg

Bad Guy: "I'll just stack these boxes in this exact location"

Outta the way!:

3938288402_3602353d0a.jpg

Indie "Yeeee ha"

Jones Sr. "I've got the map!!"

The entire set:

3937511379_ebd6b60241.jpg

For ten dollars I thinks it's a great deal, two awesome bikes, 3 minifigs, some weapons and a little extra to play with.

Extra pieces:

3937908671_89ab2331ee.jpg

I labeled the gun as extra since it's not on the box shot, but I suppose it's for Jones Sr. Then you get a technic pin and an extra set of goggles, cool.

Totals:

Design: 10/10 I think for what it is, it's exactly what it should be. Everything fits well into the scene, the only thing that would have helped would be some plants or a tan baseplate as a dirt road, but that's just wish full thinking.

Parts: 9/10 Three great fig's all with cool hats, and the bikes are spectacular pieces. I have very little to complain about on this one.

Build: 6/10 Simple, very simple. The sidecar takes the longest and even that doesn't take any time. I fell this is a set that you buy mainly for the fig's and bikes, which barely take any building at all.

Minifigs: 9/10 If they somehow could have incorporated another fig, this set would get a ten. Otherwise the three that come with it are great, no complaints. They all have cool hats, even Jones Sr.

Playability: 10/10 The bike roll easily on flat surfaces, even the single bike, if you're careful enough. The whole set is simple and makes sense. I can't count how many times I've crashed the bikes through that little gate.

Price: 10/10 I think the price is spot on. Four figs would be nice but it's made up for with the two excellent bikes.

Totals: 54/60 I really like this set, I like it so much that it will probably be the reason I end up getting more Indie sets in the future. The minifigs are great, the bikes are great, and the whole scene is easy to remember and fun to play with. Definitely an excellent set deserving such a high score. If I would have been thinking I'd have bought more and made a motorcycle army.

Tell me your thoughts.

This is the only Indy set I own, for the exact reasons you mention under "Build;" it has Indy, Connery, a map to the Crescent Valley and two motorbikes in it, so what more could I possibly ask for? The rest of the Indy sets don't interest me, but this simply had everything I'd have wanted.

Were there really three handguns with it? I don't remember, but I thought it was two.

Good set for the money. Thanks for the great review!

I really like the faces!

Edited by Milan

This is the only Indy set I own, for the exact reasons you mention under "Build;" it has Indy, Connery, a map to the Crescent Valley and two motorbikes in it, so what more could I possibly ask for? The rest of the Indy sets don't interest me, but this simply had everything I'd have wanted.

Were there really three handguns with it? I don't remember, but I thought it was two.

I got an extra one. The inventory page which I have a high res copy of shows x2.

If you click on my image it will show a full size picture.

So ya, I got an extra gun.

This is one of my favourite Indy sets. But that may just be due to the fact that:

a) this is my favourite scene from the movie (well, second after the Venice scene)

b) Last Crusade is my favourite Indy movie

c) Sean Connery is quite possibly my favourite actor of any generation

Still a good set, though. :pir-classic:

This is one of my favourite Indy sets. But that may just be due to the fact that:

a) this is my favourite scene from the movie (well, second after the Venice scene)

b) Last Crusade is my favourite Indy movie

c) Sean Connery is quite possibly my favourite actor of any generation

Still a good set, though. :pir-classic:

I agree completely, that's why I focused so much on his face, I'm thrilled that LEGO paid him homage in the form of a LEGO minifig. :classic:

Another Great Review Big Cam! :thumbup:

I like this set but am sentering on SW for now.

The pics are really good as usual!

Good job again!

CommanderFox

It's great review for a great set.

As soon as I saw that TLC was doing this set, I knew I would have bought it.

And yes, Sean Connery minifig is just amazing: detailed but still LEGOish!

I agree completely, that's why I focused so much on his face, I'm thrilled that LEGO paid him homage in the form of a LEGO minifig. :classic:

Indeed, though of course it's a minifig of Prof. Henry Walton Jones, Sr., not Sir Thomas Sean Connery. :wink: But a nice review all the same! I particularly like how you cited the different piece counts cited by BrickLink and the other sources (66 pieces? What's up with that - are they not counting the minifigs, or something?).

This is indeed a great set, too, and heralded many great sets to come in this theme. :classic: I do wish the bike fairings had been more period-looking, but presumably at the time the set was designed TLC wanted to be sure it had bike molds it would be able to use frequently in other themes. Oh, and one could always wish for more bike soldiers (this scene in the movie has four), but as it is the set probably hits a sweet spot for playability and value. What a great little set this is! :classic:

This was a good set overall, but I found it lacked something. In truth, It's very un-movie realistic. It has both the diary and the map, neither of which were in this scene. It shows Indy with his pistol- which, again, isn't seen in the scene. I would have liked it better if the guard had the machine gun he had in the movie. But it has two great bike pieces, a fantastic side car, and a great price. Something I've noticed is that if you look closly, Henry has the same face as Indy, but the features are just aged a little, and the same with Indy and the soldier. I'm not kidding, either.

Nice Review. Its a cheaper and easier way to get the minifigures rather than the magnets. I like this set but I think ambush in cario is even more exciting.

And jet, his mount and eyes are the same of the soldiers, somehow they fit Sean Connery.

Best Indy set, best Lego set of the last years. I've never been so impatient to buy a set.

Good review for my favorite set of the Indy line. I just have one question in the picture of the back of the instructions it looks like it says go to www. for official rules? What is that all about? :look:

Edited by Tom Bricks

Nice Review. Its a cheaper and easier way to get the minifigures rather than the magnets. I like this set but I think ambush in cario is even more exciting.
I recently bought that set too, and I plan to do a review of it in the future.
Good review for my favorite set of the Indy line. I just have one question in the picture of the back of the instructions it looks like it says go to www. for official rules? What is that all about? :look:

I believe they are refering to the www.acnielsen.aim.dk/LEGO link in red at the top of th page. They just had to write the instructions in 5 languages.

It's a satisfation survey. After completeing it, you are entered into their database and can win LEGO, I guess. Ironically they treat you like a child in the survey regardless of age.

Nice Review. I also own this set and I was really impressed with the bikes and the face for Henry jones Sr. I just with they would make one of sean connery without the glasses so that I could have King Arthur figure. Oh, well. :hmpf: Again really nice review. :classic: