Sign in to follow this  
Brickthing

Power Miners 2010

I saw a new catalogue! There is big lava monster in jail (Same like in 2009 sets but in lava colors).

All sets have the same small lava monster... :thumbdown:

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I saw a new catalogue! There is big lava monster in jail (Same like in 2009 sets but in lava colors).

All sets have the same small lava monster... :thumbdown:

But I thought there was a yellow and an orange lava monster? Great to hear there is a large lava monster! Got any pics?

Sorry but no... Maybe they will add more colors, but i seen just orange monsters... And the big monster(its a monsters mother- Eruptorra ) have the same body like 2009, but head is more "spiky"

Sorry but no... Maybe they will add more colors, but i seen just orange monsters... And the big monster(its a monsters mother- Eruptorra ) have the same body like 2009, but head is more "spiky"

Cool about Eruptorra. This pic has a yellow lava monster though.

I think i like the vehicle, and the drinking thingy is quite a cool feature, but all in all this still doesn't look even like a set to me at all. The red underground that should be lav i suppose is just random, and also there's no real structure or design of that whole thing from what i see. If this stays that way, i will pass this set. :sceptic:

The new minifigures look good in this set. The vehicle looks okay but the jail looks like it might still be a work in progress. What does surprise me are the new 1X3 tiles in lime green. These should make a few people very happy. There appears to be two on the drink dispenser.

Bryan

What does surprise me are the new 1X3 tiles in lime green. These should make a few people very happy. There appears to be two on the drink dispenser.

Nicely spotted, so we get 2 x 4 and 1 x 3 tiles next year.

1 x 3 tile, see this pic

:laugh:

Gotta say, that can dispenser goes a long way towards redeeming this set for me. Love it!

Just one new rock monster? Too bad. Err, I mean, jaka szkoda. I love those lil' guys. I don't keep them locked up in the minifig bag with all the other minifigs. They're on top of the telly. I'm hoping that catalogue has preliminary pictures, or unclear ink or something.

That set is the best thing since ever.

I'm just saying that from the looks of the box art, it looks like the PM team is trying to kill the rock monsters instead of mine.

Oh, and I love the lava monster ForceMaster!

Supposedly the premise of PM is they're investigating earthquakes caused by the rock monsters, and have to stop the monsters.

It's at least a better explanation than Mars Mission, which started as mining and turned into KILL ALL THE ALIEN SCUM.

Oops, I meant the smaller sets that some guy in one of the earlier posts claimed to have. :tongue:

Oh, the Target promos? Here you go:

3174891594_ae50c289a7.jpg

3174891328_09cf495ec9.jpg

Supposedly the premise of PM is they're investigating earthquakes caused by the rock monsters, and have to stop the monsters.

Good point. I guess now that they have reached the center of the earth, they are concentrating more on their mission to stop the rock monsters. It's still a bit controversial how they treat the monsters, but oh well.

It's at least a better explanation than Mars Mission, which started as mining and turned into KILL ALL THE ALIEN SCUM.

Did it? I thought that it was rather the other way around. :look: Aside from small drilling/sawing tools, the first MM vehicles mainly sported weapons and prison pods, whereas the last wave had vehicles such as the big drilling unit or the little mining mech which had little to do with killing martians.

The whole reason we have rock monsters, aliens, fishpeople and cyborgs is because when they fit each other LEGO can say "Well we don't have humans fighting humans" anymore.

then why do we have agents? isnt that human vs human?

I don't get the never ending bitching about why they don't have human vs. human anymore. I'm pretty tired about it. People, Lego is a TOY, do you understand what that means? It mans anything is possible, and when it's rock monsters and octopus people then it shall be that way, why not? It is a toy. I don't get why it should be something worse if they have strange creatures, than if they'd just have humans.

The whole reason we have rock monsters, aliens, fishpeople and cyborgs is because when they fit each other LEGO can say "Well we don't have humans fighting humans" anymore.

Or that it is just more interesting to have monsters and creatures than more humans.

Well most of the bad guys are some kind of mutant or cyborg thing.

And they're not attacking each other with drills.

I said cyborgs. The bad guys in Agents are mainly cyborg and really crazy half human things. Plus they are attacking each other with water hose guns.

I think someone from LEGO even explained that they don't really like violence (yeah right) and that's why they have weird bad guys to keep away from "man on man" fighting.

Also as MDM said having different minifigures is exciting and get's the fans on board. However there is also the drawback of having a disaster like the Mars Mission aliens.

The strongest part of the PM theme to me are the minifigures and cute little rock monsters. :)

Poor rock monsters! I seriously doubt that the Power Miner's mission is now to extinguish the Earth's core, so it seems that the water blasters are used primarily to extinguish the cute little rock monsters. :sad:

The fact that the Power Miners have specifically replaced the mining gear of their entire range of lava-proof vehicles with rock monster extinguishers just adds damage to the injury. They've even built a prison to contain the bigger rock monsters for the time required to put them out!

I seriously love the new sets though, as it's a very appropriate advancement for the theme that actually continues the storyline in an interesting way. The new rock monsters will definitely make me get the smaller sets, although I might Bricklink the monsters and useful parts from the larger sets if their prices are too high.

I do hope that next year doesn't feature the Power Miners with rock monster containment pods, in order to drain their energy...That might be taking the rock monster cruelty too far. :sceptic:

I saw in the dealers catalog of my local dealer

The power miners are now deeeper in the realms of lava and Lavamonsters, Their leader is Eruptorr

8188 Fireblazer, pic already found

8989 Magmamech

8190 Clawcatcher

8191 Lavatraz, Human basis with big prison, Eruptorr and drinkautomatic

I love the way these sets are going. This is really making up for this year, beautiful Rock creatures. I love it :wub:

EDIT: Quick request, can any one PM me the pic from the first post, I can't find it, and it's annoying me.

Edited by The crazy one

The power miners are now deeeper in the realms of lava and Lavamonsters, Their leader is Eruptorr

8989 Magmamech

8190 Clawcatcher

Do you know what the price points are for the sets?

8989 Magmamech

8190 Clawcatcher

Could you please tell me what Magmamech looks like and how much you think it costs.

EDIT:Look at this lego movie trailer,it has a orange crystal king. //www.flickr.com/photos/thealchemyst/3945555787/in/photostream/

Edited by doctordark

"Once agin Clutch powers gets the job done." LOL!------- oops sorry but I really don't think an orange crystal king really means anything with the upcoming sets, I mean it could but who knows.