Sign in to follow this  
Brickthing

Power Miners 2010

I remember asking this before, but I don't remember getting an answer; are any of the 2010 stickers GitD like some of the '09 ones were?

I remember asking this before, but I don't remember getting an answer; are any of the 2010 stickers GitD like some of the '09 ones were?

Nope. I'm a bit sad at this, but it was just a gimmick of PM 2009.

Nope. I'm a bit sad at this, but it was just a gimmick of PM 2009.

Admittedly, it wouldn't have made much sense in an already-glowing world of lava. But yeah, most of the GitD is gone, and the "caution stripe" stickers on the Magma Mech use silver instead. Which is still cool.

Hey, I'm new here, but I have heard from a friend about a special LEGO set. It had the Lava Queen (not Eruptorr, but like the one in Clutch Powers) and the Mine Mech at the local LEGO Store (a big one). He swears that it is true, and I believe him, because he's not one to lie. Has anyone else seen one of these (he said it was US $20.00).

Hey, I'm new here, but I have heard from a friend about a special LEGO set. It had the Lava Queen (not Eruptorr, but like the one in Clutch Powers) and the Mine Mech at the local LEGO Store (a big one). He swears that it is true, and I believe him, because he's not one to lie. Has anyone else seen one of these (he said it was US $20.00).

:hmpf_bad: No way. It'd have been here months ago. :laugh:

Well he's most likely either lying or talking about Eruptorr and also they wouldn't put the mine mech in a different set lego would never do that. Also if we don't even have prelme pics/info there is no way it could already be in a store.

:EDIT: CallMePie beat me to it.

Edited by computerbug

Oops I didn't see that someone replied, please delete this post because I don't know how.

Edited by BobaFett2

These sets now on Austria S@H. Prices in Euro

#8190 claw catcher 34.99

#8191 lavatraz 49.99

Only time till it comes to the USA...

These sets now on Austria S@H. Prices in Euro

#8190 claw catcher 34.99

#8191 lavatraz 49.99

Only time till it comes to the USA...

Hang on, those still aren't available yet?

It looks like Australia might be ahead, for once! I already have both.

Description from wikipedia:

Combustix- Fire Blaster

Firax- Magma Mech, Lavatraz

Infernox- Claw Catcher

Eruptorr (Large Firax)- Lavatraz

Lava Queen (Queen Infernox)- Magma Monster.

What the magma monster?Lego game?I don't quite think that there is infernox-like creature.

Description from wikipedia:

Combustix- Fire Blaster

Firax- Magma Mech, Lavatraz

Infernox- Claw Catcher

Eruptorr (Large Firax)- Lavatraz

Lava Queen (Queen Infernox)- Magma Monster.

What the magma monster?Lego game?I don't quite think that there is infernox-like creature.

magma Monster is a Lego game. ;]

I know that it's not right,but why they write,that it is large infernox?

Probably because it's the same color and they assumed that means they're the same.

Has anyone seen the Lavatraz set in England? I checked TRU but they didn't have any Power Miner sets at all. Tesco had the Magma Mech and the small vehicle that came with Combustix but no Lavatraz!

Sad to say folks, were half way into the year and no news on any sets for the christmas wave.

I am unpinning for now.

Before we know it, it will be time for 2011 set speculation...

I do not think there will be any more PM sets, sadly. We've had no summer wave for the theme this year, so that is clearly a sign that the theme has ended.

~ General Magma

I do not think there will be any more PM sets, sadly. We've had no summer wave for the theme this year, so that is clearly a sign that the theme has ended.

~ General Magma

True. Furthermore, the only reason there were any 2010 sets at all is that it was unexpectedly successful in 2008. There were never any plans for anything further along than 2010, and LEGO has stated that they want to focus their attention on LEGO Atlantis.

Of course, I think the Power Miners theme was satisfactory. 2009 alone was impressive in how many mining vehicles it included, and how many techniques it utilized. 2010 wasn't nearly as spectacular, but I had fun with 2010 sets anyway. No need to drag it out until it becomes tiresome.

Well,it will be good,if there will be unknown limited set for september of october.Like Bulk and Vapour from Hero Factory.

Yeah, it stinks that PM is ending so soon. default_sad.gif Oh well, it was a nice theme while it lasted. I agree that it would be great if we had 1 more set which was a big exclusive set, but i doubt it.

Yeah, it stinks that PM is ending so soon. default_sad.gif Oh well, it was a nice theme while it lasted. I agree that it would be great if we had 1 more set which was a big exclusive set, but i doubt it.

The sad thing is, many Action themes only last two years, unless a major overhaul of the theme can take place. Adventurers lasted so long because they could be re-themed from desert to jungle and then dinosaurs to the orient. With power miners, there is only so much that can be done to revitalise it, which they did, so this is why they end.

'Tis was a good theme. It introduced that even with an insane color scheme, it was highly successful. :tongue:

Hey, not sure if anyone's noticed, but there's a lot of cool stuff on the Power Miners website now. I myself am enamored with the fun zone page.

This caught my eye:

Wikipedia has comfired from LEGO that the Power Miners theme will continue the theme in 2011. It has also be comfired that instead of the rumored Lava Queen, there will be a Lava King called The Lava Lord.