Emperor Claudius Rome

What are You Watching?

I'm currently burning through season 13 of Top Gear.

Since I'm in the US I have to download them because we don't get it :(

Best show ever conceived.

I did it. I finished watching all of the Red Vs Blue episodes. A new Recreation comes out tomorrow, which is cool. Right now I am just finishing the Clone Wars Season 2 premier.

-It would be ironic if our guns shot magic salves that healed all wounds.

Watching Top Gear in America, when they nearly get killed by the Alabama people. I love how the Top Gear team paste the views of every Englishman into their shows. Just like the entrance to the Top Gear and the Germans challenge. :laugh:

"Stigs...American Cousin!"

3005326490_4e5c50ac5c.jpg

Watching Top Gear in America, when they nearly get killed by the Alabama people. I love how the Top Gear team paste the views of every Englishman into their shows. Just like the entrance to the Top Gear and the Germans challenge. :laugh:

Trust me, us "Alabama people" aren't all like that, but they do a really good job of editing that piece! :wink:

Top Gear is great fun to watch - even for a non-petrol head like my good self - but what you said is exactly the thing that's wrong with it. It's over-scripted and over-edited and the guys just aren't able to make it feel as spontaneous as they wish it was. If they say something funny, you just know it was on cue, and the bits filmed outside the studio really are tightly edited to show only whatever they wanted to show before filming. But despite all that, like I said, it's still a fantastic programme.

Right now I'm watching the Patlabor movies. I watch them every couple of years, and each time, I'm amazed at how much better they are than I thought. Even if the second one's a bit talky. Like, Ghost in the Shell talky. And that's REALLY talky.

I remember that episode, I love the challenges they have to do.

Of course its scripted, that's why its great. Every movie you've ever seen and liked has been scripted.

The editing is one of the best features, its like superb photographs in motion.

I know most things are scripted, and I don't mind that, but with Top Gear, they try to make it look spontaneous and fail. And it ends up feeling forced. That's what I was getting at.

I know most things are scripted, and I don't mind that, but with Top Gear, they try to make it look spontaneous and fail. And it ends up feeling forced. That's what I was getting at.

That's why people like this show over any other car show.

I guess we'll have to disagree on this one then. I can see what your getting at but to me it doesn't seem too heavily scripted.

Over my lunch break I finished up the WRC Ireland. I can't wait for Sunday for the next airing.

I just finished watching Persepolis. A really good but strange animated movie about life in the Iranian Revolution and Iraq v.s Iran war.

persepolisbasij.jpg

Lol :grin:

I still maybe want to see this movie. It had good critics. It is based on a autobiografic comic / graphic novel.

As some of you may have figured, I watch Dukes of Hazzard :wub:

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of that show :tongue:

I also watch the news.

As some of you may have figured, I watch Dukes of Hazzard :wub:

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of that show :tongue:

I also watch the news.

I heard of it. I just can't stand it :hmpf:

Finally got around to watching Appleseed Ex Machina last night. You don't need to read the box to know that John Woo worked on it; the first ten minutes make that pretty damn obvious. Fantastic slow-motion-flying-through-the-air-guns-blazing sequences let down by the lame, unimaginative and completely out-of-place plot involving zombies. And Briareos has a sword.

Last few series and movies I watched:

- Inglorious Bastards

- Children of men

- Brazil

- Star Trek voyager (all over again)

- One piece (anime)

Tomorrow I'm gonna see 'District 9' at the cinema.

Why don't you like it? :look:

Can't put my finger on it. Funny thing is, I love stuff like the A-Team, but the Dukes just annoy me. The characters, the scripting, the set-pieces... they just all come together to wreck my head in some unspecified manner and I switch over after about a minute.

Can't put my finger on it. Funny thing is, I love stuff like the A-Team, but the Dukes just annoy me. The characters, the scripting, the set-pieces... they just all come together to wreck my head in some unspecified manner and I switch over after about a minute.

Odd...Most people I know love the show, I love it because of the focus on cars (Especially the Dodge Charger) , not to mention that I like the high speed chases :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot