Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

I don't know what you're trying to link to, but I know that brickset counts Ninjas as a subtheme of Castle: Link

Either way, that new katana holder piece is awesome! :sweet: Can't wait to get it!

Trust me that's the way all ninja swords look like in person, especially the grey ones, besides it's like what Etzel said. It's sad though since this means the back thing is not a possible bringer of a revamped ninja theme.

No, it's supposed to be a dagger and looks like a sword. I wish we'd see ninjas agian. I've realized how TLG is using cheaper plastic for some parts like the TNT.

I have not seen Pics of Prince of Persia in my dealer catalog, so they are coming in the second half of year or they come not in the Netherlands

(I hope that not everybody that already knew instead of me :wink: )

No, it's supposed to be a dagger and looks like a sword. I wish we'd see ninjas agian. I've realized how TLG is using cheaper plastic for some parts like the TNT.

The plastic used for the dynamite is the same as the katanas, walkie-talkies, batman guns, and a few others that don't come to mind :blush:

I assume the reason is so the fuse or blade or antennae can flex a bit without snapping. I dislike it though because the minifig hands shred it up and it looks horrible after some use. :sceptic:

I'm not that interested in this theme, but all of those traps are instantly recognizable. They are taken straight from the PoP games. :grin:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking when I saw this set too. It looks pretty plain, but the games (especially the original PC game) were all about elaborate death traps in somewhat bland, dungeon environments. The traps and the character animation was always the focus. It's really pretty amazing how accurately LEGO has managed to work the feel of the games into this set. I wonder if the movie will be able to do the same? And I must say that the figs are even better than I could have imagined.

I have not seen Pics of Prince of Persia in my dealer catalog, so they are coming in the second half of year or they come not in the Netherlands

I've heard whispers of March/ April - so not the Jan wave but before the second half of the year.

The movie releases May 28 in the US, so they would have to be around at least a month before then to maximise sales during the pre-release hype.

I've heard whispers of March/ April - so not the Jan wave but before the second half of the year.

The place where the PoP minifigs were first shown had a cardboard stand that said "Coming April 2010". So they aren't just whispers you've heard. :wink:

The place where the PoP minifigs were first shown had a cardboard stand that said "Coming April 2010". So they aren't just whispers you've heard. :wink:

Even better! :laugh:

Let's hope BrickCon brings us more news, but I'm not sure it will.

Wow! Both of those look very nice! I love how great the ostrich looks in flesh color! These are two animals I never thought we would see in official Lego, and I am very impressed!

Haha that ostrich is awesome, though I would have liked to have seen a saddle fit it as well. Slowly but surely LEGO is making more molded animals, maybe now they can finally make that Zoo subtheme! :tongue:

Nice, the first pics of the actual production animals (previous pics were prototypes, right?). These look very detailed, yet maintain that typical Lego look. I'm quite optimistic about there being a safari or zoo theme at some point using these. The zoo theme in Duplo has proven to be a theme with much potential, so I bet it would make a good City sub-theme.

Nice, the first pics of the actual production animals (previous pics were prototypes, right?). These look very detailed, yet maintain that typical Lego look. I'm quite optimistic about there being a safari or zoo theme at some point using these. The zoo theme in Duplo has proven to be a theme with much potential, so I bet it would make a good City sub-theme.

Great point about the Zoo theme. I know I'd be buying tons of that, if for nothing else, my daughter's joy! What's a zebra, but a striped horse? They also already have monkeys, owls, and snakes, etc.

They look very nice. I only ask myself how a minifig can ride on the camel. It looks a bit strange.

A city zoo would be great and it is strange that TLC not released something in the last years.

Love the new Camel and Ostrich now they're not made from that grainy plastic stuff.

The Ostrich's flesh parts fit it perfectly.

I presume the grey brick in the Camels saddle is removable allowing a figure to ride it?

I'm really happy to finally see some other lego part than a minifig in flesh color. :thumbup:

I presume the grey brick in the Camels saddle is removable allowing a figure to ride it?
More than likely, seeing as how it would require a new mould to make a semi-useless solid saddle like that. :wink:

Thanks for the photos. The camels and ostrichs look fantastic. Much better than I imagined. Now I can't wait to get my hands on them.

They look good but a little bigger than I expected. I assume there are no pics with a minifig for comparison?

I'm really happy to finally see some other lego part than a minifig in flesh color. :thumbup:

The pigs in the Farm set looked flesh too (maybe dark flesh), so at looks as if this is the way of the future :thumbup:

The pigs in the Farm set looked flesh too (maybe dark flesh), so at looks as if this is the way of the future :thumbup:

I was thinking the same thing myself...I think the color looks realistic, and I'm glad Lego didn't go with the stereotypical pink.

They looked dark flesh to me, but honestly pig hues vary a bit so it really doesn't matter that much.

I think this is the first time I've been more excited for the animals in a theme than the actual sets. :tongue: