Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

This line is so awesome! I had never even heard of PoP until LEGO did it, but I will be buying the smallest set, and the Fight for the Dagger. At Toys R Us they're having a buy 1 get one half off sale which includes PoP. AWESOME!!

Has anyone noticed that the girl hairpiece might be good in the light yellow color for a Luna Lovegood figure?

Also I personally LOVE any magnet sets. I hope they make some for Harry Potter, and a new one for the Clone Wars.

~MC

Edited by MrCustomizer

I picked up all the sets yesterday at TRU. Some of them are already putting them out. We already did our video review for Fight for the Dagger and the other 4 are all coming this week. The sets are awesome. Love the sword pack on Daston.

I stopped by TRU today and they only had 1 set, the Quest against time. I picked it up, what sucks is that the Lego sets are buy 1 get 1 50% off and i couldn't find another set I wanted.

I went to TRU and they had all of the sets except Quest against time. I got the Fight for the Dagger and then got Ostrich Race half off.

I love these sets!

~MC

Welllll, it seems the Race for Time reviews is over. It's quite a complete collection, with 2 reviews for Fight for the Dagger, Hassasin's Hideout, and Battle of Alamut, and 1 review for Ostrich Races and Race Against Time. I hope more sets come out. :sweet:

I just wanted to warn everybody to not get the magnet set for minifigs. The chinese are back at it again. I got that set today and instead of using red for the scarf around his waist they used brown. Also the plastic felt and looked cheaper and the collar for the prince was supposed to be silver but, is a greenish-brown on the magnet version. Hopefully bricklink.com will list them differently for people who don't want to buy them. :classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

Mind posting a pic, or even making a review with comparison pics? It's the one PoP set we don't have a review of yet. :sweet:

Even thought the quality issue is sad, isn't it kinda cool that you can get the same minifig parts with color variations? Could be useful for MOCs.

I just wanted to warn everybody to not get the magnet set for minifigs. The chinese are back at it again. I got that set today and instead of using red for the scarf around his waist they used brown. Also the plastic felt and looked cheaper and the collar for the prince was supposed to be silver but, is a greenish-brown on the magnet version. Hopefully bricklink.com will list them differently for people who don't want to buy them. :classic:

*sigh* It's not the Chinese who are to blame, it's the third-party manufacturer that makes the magnet sets. Which, yes, may operate in China, but being Chinese has nothing to do with the plastic quality. Any third-party manufacturer will use substandard quality plastic, because LEGO keeps tight control over their ABS formula.

On-topic: I'll take a look at those instructions sometime soon. Aesthetically, I already know what they're like thanks to the great reviews that are pouring in, but it'd be nice to see the intricacies of some of the builds.

It is a bit unfortunate how they still are lower quality, but I'll probably still get a copy as Zolm looks very cool. :wub:

Instructions for the sets are now available via S@H Customer Service (all except for the Market set, oddly)

http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingI...ns/default.aspx

Thanks for that, Svelte! I was checking the site periodically for them. :thumbup: Edited by ILikePi

Well the sets are backordered at amazon.com and won't arrive at my house probably until the end of the month, =(. I guess that's what I get for using the Super Saver Shipping.

I went to my local K-Mart today and seen all of the sets except the "7573 Battle of Alamut". Now here is the odd thing they are having a sale on LEGO, but when I price check the PoP set it did not say they were not on sale. If they were on sale I probably would of gotten a set or two.

*sigh* It's not the Chinese who are to blame, it's the third-party manufacturer that makes the magnet sets. Which, yes, may operate in China, but being Chinese has nothing to do with the plastic quality. Any third-party manufacturer will use substandard quality plastic, because LEGO keeps tight control over their ABS formula.

On-topic: I'll take a look at those instructions sometime soon. Aesthetically, I already know what they're like thanks to the great reviews that are pouring in, but it'd be nice to see the intricacies of some of the builds.

Exactly. Every set lists China as one of its manufacturers yet only the "collectors' sets such as tic tac toe sets, magnet packs, and recent unlicensed battle packs (such as troll, dwarf, and pirates) suffer from the quality lost. Clearly the quality loss is because those aren't regular sets and not because of their geographic location or ethnicity of manufacturer.

Exactly. Every set lists China as one of its manufacturers...

Not true; 7570 Ostrich Race doesn't. That's just one example.

Not true; 7570 Ostrich Race doesn't. That's just one example.

Really? That's interesting. Well I don't have too many sets but they all have China listed as one of the several countries that manufactured the set.

There is an Asoka,Seso,Sheik Amar,Whip Assassin,Nizam in armor and sands of time this video(Warning the video wil automaticly download)

Edited by MantaMan

The website is up. In the funzone, in 'Story', it has the wrong picture for Sheik Amar. It looks like the Hassassin from Desert Attack, the one that was cut out in favor of the skeleton.

The website is up. In the funzone, in 'Story', it has the wrong picture for Sheik Amar. It looks like the Hassassin from Desert Attack, the one that was cut out in favor of the skeleton.

In the movies area, Dastan shows us how we can cheat with the Race against time set, just walk around it. :tongue: (not the video in the main page)

Did we ever hear/see anymore of the PoP lego game, I know someone mentioned it a while back?

That was a rumor, I think the back of a catalog looked videogame-ish.

Did we ever hear/see anymore of the PoP lego game, I know someone mentioned it a while back?

That was a rumor, I think the back of a catalog looked videogame-ish.

Or are you talking about 3849 Orient Bazar?

5b8169cba6e4.jpg

Not really a PoP set but part of the LEGO Games theme, but it uses some of the new pieces. Don't know when it's being released though.