Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

Hello folks, hello folks ! :grin:

Why don't you ring or email TRU customer service - they would have the stock avaiablity on their computers and could tell you an ETA on what you are waiting for - right ?

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Well I called Toysrus customer service and they couldn't even find the sets on the computer and some of the local ToysRus stores didn't even know that the Lego PoP even existed. :cry_sad:

If you check brothers-brick.com, they have a code for $10 off purchases of $50 or more, but you can't use it with the free shipping thing. Expect Battle of Alamut in my (hopefully all of our) hands soon. :tongue:

-Santhor

Well I just saw the first prince of persia parts on bricklink.com. So I guess somebody other that the ebay guy finally got the sets. It looks like he has the fight for the daggar set but, he doesn't have the prince minifig for sale yet. :sceptic:

I'm going to order a 7571 Fight for The Dagger later today. So expect for a review in a week.

Well I just saw the first prince of persia parts on bricklink.com. So I guess somebody other that the ebay guy finally got the sets. It looks like he has the fight for the daggar set but, he doesn't have the prince minifig for sale yet. :sceptic:

The reason the other parts/minifigs/sets aren't up yet is because of the acceptance process by Bricklink. I've submitted four items, and there are many other ones that still need to be accepted. No one can list an item for sale until it is accepted.

The reason the other parts/minifigs/sets aren't up yet is because of the acceptance process by Bricklink. I've submitted four items, and there are many other ones that still need to be accepted. No one can list an item for sale until it is accepted.

Interesting, I will be buying a number of PoP minifigs to suppliment a big MOC that I have planned. :classic:

Went out for a few things this morning, came home with this:

P1060276.jpg

:grin:

Just a warning to all of you going out to buy these before release... the stores won't sell these until April 1!!!!! (not april fools joke)

The two TRU's I went to, one refused to sell them since it was not in the computer system yet, some stocker put them out by mistake, they took the sets away from me at the register, and I watched the manager take all the sets off the shelves.

The second store I went to also had them fresh off the truck and mistakenly put out, computer said do not sell until the 1st!

I was arguing with the manager of the second for like 30 minutes that if a product is on the floor, they have a right to sell it to the customer, etc. etc....

I argued to the point that I said I'm not leaving the store without these, so they price over-rided the computer and I got them.

Also watched the employees take away all of the sets off the shelves and to the back.

Such a hassle. :tongue:

The two TRU's I went to, one refused to sell them since it was not in the computer system yet, some stocker put them out by mistake, they took the sets away from me at the register, and I watched the manager take all the sets off the shelves.

The second store I went to also had them fresh off the truck and mistakenly put out, computer said do not sell until the 1st!

I was arguing with the manager of the second for like 30 minutes that if a product is on the floor, they have a right to sell it to the customer, etc. etc....

I argued to the point that I said I'm not leaving the store without these, so they price over-rided the computer and I got them.

Also watched the employees take away all of the sets off the shelves and to the back.

I would have argued as long as i wanted just to get those (just like i did at a signing at comic con :grin: ). Great job with arguing. :thumbup:

Are you going to make a review?

Edited by LegoGalactus

LOL :laugh:

You are a serious AFOL, Polish Guy! Do you think you will be welcome back to that store? :tongue:

Anyway, congratulations on getting those sets so early. :thumbup:

I would have argued as long as i wanted just to get those (just like i did at a signing at comic con :grin: ). Great job with arguing. :thumbup:

Are you going to make a review?

I have not really made a proper review here on EB, but I can make some reviews tomorrow when I will have time to build them. :thumbup:

...Yes, Etzel, I'm still allowed in the store. :grin:

Edited by Polish Guy

Woah, you have guts! Nice job, looks like it paid off! Lucky.. :laugh:

Woah, you have guts! Nice job, looks like it paid off! Lucky.. :laugh:

Thanks! Although I was a bit disappointed that they only let me buy just these two, I wanted the Battle of Almut set also, but they said I was pushing it already.

Oh well, at least I have these two.

That's a pretty strict street date! I guess because it's a movie license. :p

I may pop by my TRU just for giggles, though.

:cry_sad: My nearest TRUs don't have them yet, said 2-3 weeks before release. I'm aiming for Fight for the Dagger, Ostrich Races, and Hassassin's Hideout.

Well I ordered the battle of almut and the quest against time wednesday and I just got confirmation that they shipped today so there will be pictures and maby reviews next week if I have the time. :sweet:

They added Hassasin's Hide-out and Ostrich races to the website, in-stock as of now. :sweet:

Well some of the Prince of Persia parts, minifigs, and sets are up on bricklink.com now. The only set that is up is the fight for the daggar which, they are trying to sell for $59.99. The thing is that even if you bought it today it would still take a few days to a little over a weak to get to your hous and by then you could just buy it in the store for $29.99. So I ask you why is he selling it a double the price? :sceptic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

So I ask you why is he selling it a double the price? :sceptic:

Because somebody who isn't as smart as you WILL buy it... :wink:

Because somebody who isn't as smart as you WILL buy it... :wink:

Yeah, probably. But, who I wonder would buy the Prince minifigure on ebay $23. I can maby see somebody selling a $30 set for $60 to some rich guy but just one minifigure for $23. That truly is rediculous. :tongue::classic:

Thanks for the link roamingstudio. I am surprised there already releasing a magnet and not waiting half a year like star wars to release one.

Edit: It says on the battlepack that there are 4 minifigures: Dastan and 3 Hassansins. Unless the skeleton is a hassansins i think it might be a typo.

Edited by LegoGalactus

Thanks for the info roamingstudio.

Here is the picture of the Magnet set, I don't think we have seen it before:

852942-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

I hope it won't take long before the sets are available in the rest of the world.

Cool! Thanks for the news! That magnet set seems like a great way to stock up on some of the best minifig parts from the PoP line. :thumbup: And if you get this and the Nizam key chain you'll have all the figs from Quest Against Time for $30 less. Yay! :tongue:

Btw, don't forget that you'll get double VIP points if you buy your PoP sets between April 28 and 30. That's what I'm planning to do. :thumbup:

Thanks for the link for S@H! I'm not sure whether to pick up sets from there (code B058 will get you $5 off $20 currently), buy in-store next month for double VIP points, or try to get from Borders with Rewards discount. :tongue: