Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

Looking forward to that! A little bit disappointed at the non-use of earth orange... but I'll live. :wink:

This is one of the reasons I dislike the inconsistencies of AFOL and official LEGO color names. The AFOL name Earth Orange refers to an obscure orange color, while the official LEGO name Earth Orange refers to old brown. I know it would be ridiculous to expect everyone to start using LEGO's names, but admittedly LEGO's names are a lot more consistent with regard to shades and tints-- everything ranges from light ___ to medium ___ to bright ___ to dark ___ to earth ___, and although not all colors exist in all five shades, the level of lightness or darkness is usually about the same for all colors of the same shade. And then there's sand and brick colors, which don't fit on the regular value scale but again are consistent with one another.

Off-topic rambling over. While a familiar color like dark orange might have been more welcome for MOCists, I can't really say it would look as good on these buildings. The new color (I still say it's probably medium nougat, since that's the newest color on LEGO's 2010 color chart) has the same sort of washed-out look of brick yellow (tan) or sand yellow (dark tan), which makes it feel a lot more appropriate for a desert theme.

4356597921_3b0865664c.jpg

As you'd probably expect, not much apart from a gold scorpion and goblet.

4356597921_3b0865664c.jpg

As you'd probably expect, not much apart from a gold scorpion and goblet.

Right, need some extra gold and jewels. I for one, am putting in some fine furniture once I get it.

I do hope they come out in march. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. :cry_happy: I am a Big Prince of Persia fan and I am also a Big Lego fan so this is a dream come true. I just can't wait any longer. :grin: I am really looking forward to the battle of almut that set looks so cool. :sweet:

I don't think that this has been mentioned...

On the Hamley's site, there are very high res pics of three sets with the retailer's prices in £s: linkety link. My guess is that these are also the RRPs so likely the prices at S@H and elsewhere.

Looks like the Desert Attack 7569 doesn't include the two-sword back scabbard which is a bit of a shame. Still, I like the assassins. :classic:

Amps

Edited by AmperZand

I don't think that this has been mentioned...

On the Hamley's site, there are very high res pics of three sets with the retailer's prices in £s: linkety link. My guess is that these are also the RRPs so likely the prices at S@H and elsewhere.

Looks like the Desert Attack 7569 doesn't include the two-sword back scabbard which is a bit of a shame. Still, I like the assassins. :classic:

Amps

These pictures were shown before, and we have come to the conclusion that the Desert Attack set that Hamley's shows is NOT the final one, but some sort of preliminary version. It could also be different from Hassassins' Hideout (the one with the horse), but since they both have the same number, that's unlikely.

So what you see is not what you'll get, in this case. :wink:

...there's not much to see except for the movie trailer.

It never gets old. :sweet:

This is great. From what I have seen the sets usually come out a month from when they get the site up so this is great news. Of course they said it would come in April but, this really confirms it in my mind. :sweet:

Well, according to the calendar I linked to above, the S@H catalog with the PoP sets comes out on March 28, so I think it's safe to say that the sets will be out by then.

Also, you can always ask your local stores if they can tell you when they will have them.

28th March only shows the catalogue that has a PoP cover, it doesn´t necessarily mean that we get all sets from the catalogue the same day. 8091 Star Wars Swamp Speeder was in the January catalogue and got released in February.

I wonder if there are any sets based on the video games coming out?

When Nazis will ride again on their dinosaurs.

NaziDinosaur.jpg

When Nazis will ride again on their dinosaurs.

NaziDinosaur.jpg

I wouldn't necessarily say that since I thought that a movie and Lego prince of persia theme was impossible from the get go.

*image snip*

Hahaha! I love this one too:

Linky to pic.

Gotta say though, a little disappointed the AU prices aren't up on Lego.com yet, guess I'll just have to wait.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

They are using the really old female hair piece for the Prince of Persia on the Lego website. Why are they doing that. I do hope they didn't decide last to not make the new hair piece and just go with the old. I know Lego wants to be somewhat generic when it comes to parts but, that is going way to far. The hair just doesn't look right on him because it isn't messed up enough. What do the rest of you think? :sceptic:

They are using the really old female hair piece for the Prince of Persia on the Lego website. Why are they doing that. I do hope they didn't decide last to not make the new hair piece and just go with the old. I know Lego wants to be somewhat generic when it comes to parts but, that is going way to far. The hair just doesn't look right on him because it isn't messed up enough. What do the rest of you think? :sceptic:

It's just on the website. There is no way we are getting that hairpiece in the real sets.

This is great news. If I remember correctly ToysRus doesn't put toys up on their website unless they are coming out very soon like a week or two. Oh, I am so excited. :cry_happy:

I really lucked out. The Fight for the Dagger is the only one not inflated in price, and the only one out of that group I was going to buy personally. :laugh:

Did anyone notice how they used cones attached to pole peices instead of flick fire missiles? I've never seen the videogames, but these sets do seem videogame-ish, especially with all the studs on the sides. The Lego.com version of him reminds me of Shaggy for some reason... Even though they really put too many pearl gold peices in, I'm happy they put in a couple of dark brown peices.

Edited by indianajones