Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

ZincSpoon was talking about a videogame. The catalog made the set look sort of like video game graphics so people suggested maybe it was an implication of an upcoming Prince of Persia Lego videogame. I am sure they will make one soon enough. They are making so many of them recently.

That was a rumor, I think the back of a catalog looked videogame-ish.

Or are you talking about 3849 Orient Bazar?

5b8169cba6e4.jpg

Not really a PoP set but part of the LEGO Games theme, but it uses some of the new pieces. Don't know when it's being released though.

Ah thanks Etzel, that's what I was looking for. I'm kind of glad it's not PoP licensed as that would make it more exspensive. Sorry I didn't phrase the question too well lego40k but o be honest a never thought there would, or ever will be A Lego PoP Video Game, I recon this license will go the way of Speed Racer.

Ah thanks Etzel, that's what I was looking for. I'm kind of glad it's not PoP licensed as that would make it more exspensive. Sorry I didn't phrase the question too well lego40k but o be honest a never thought there would, or ever will be A Lego PoP Video Game, I recon this license will go the way of Speed Racer.

I wounldn't be too sure of that. Disney has decided to make PoP one of it's tentpole themes and the way Lego is pushing it I think there is a possibility that it may be around for a while. I went to my local Lego store the day the sets came out and then half a week later, yesterday, I went again and about half of the PoP sets that were on the shelfs on April 1st where there now. Also they had not even gotten the proper store displays up so I think that this line is going to sell rather well. :classic:

I think it will sell very well, but it is still a one movie franchise. They can't make an infinite amount of sets.

I think this may very well be the only wave of PoP sets, unless they make a sequel very soon.

~MC

How come we don't get Princess Tamina in THIS costume?? It's a sin to not give us that torso design!!

Let's hope for a next wave :sweet:

I think it will sell very well, but it is still a one movie franchise. They can't make an infinite amount of sets.

I think this may very well be the only wave of PoP sets, unless they make a sequel very soon.

~MC

Actually I think this is going to be a trilogy, in the same vein as Pirates of the Caribean.

This Prince of Persia Line is very intresting, even though it is based on the film which is 80% different from the game, it still retains the whole 'Lets run on walls!' idea.

My first sets arrived today! I got 2x Hassassins and 1x Market. Love the colour selection, especially the new mid-tan. The figs are awesome- definitely a great theme.

Actually I think this is going to be a trilogy, in the same vein as Pirates of the Caribean.

I remember reading well before production that this was Disney's aim, they wanted not just a new film but a franchise. I think all that depends on the success of this first film though.

Super awesome animation on lego.com for POP, I just started liking this theme 10x more

Linky

So, silly question I'm sure and not of interest to many, but when will they become available in the Netherlands? Not even Shop @ Home has them. Will TLG leave us so unsatisfied?

Let's hope for a next wave :sweet:

Or not, so we can get Indy back.

About PotC, I remember seeing a MegaBlox set about a fourth Poct moivie, but never found anything about the movie. I hate to get off topic, but I want to see what anyone knows about this.

Or not, so we can get Indy back.

About PotC, I remember seeing a MegaBlox set about a fourth Poct moivie, but never found anything about the movie. I hate to get off topic, but I want to see what anyone knows about this.

There never was a MB set for POTC 4. They only did POTC 1-3. I should know since I used to collect them. :hmpf: Back on topic. If the movie is halfway successful there will be a franchise kind of like Narnia and if the Movie is a complete washout like Cutthroat Island there will be no franchise. I kind of think that the former will happen though and that we will see more PoP sets in the near future. :classic:

There never was a MB set for POTC 4. They only did POTC 1-3. I should know since I used to collect them. :hmpf: Back on topic. If the movie is halfway successful there will be a franchise kind of like Narnia and if the Movie is a complete washout like Cutthroat Island there will be no franchise. I kind of think that the former will happen though and that we will see more PoP sets in the near future. :classic:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if we had to wait 2-3 years and then had another wave of sets.

This seems a more sustainable model than the 'Milk 'em dry!' approach of releasing massive waves almost every year.

I just seen Target has three of the PoP sets on their website: Ostrich Race, Fight for the Dagger, and Quest Against Time.

I just seen Target has three of the PoP sets on their website: Ostrich Race, Fight for the Dagger, and Quest Against Time.

Shame they don't have Desert Attack or Battle of Alamut, although I suppose it's not too far to drive to TRU for Americans.

Hassassins video from Prince Of Persia Sands Of Times.Why Lego hasn't made hassassin with whip?

That's a cool video MantaMan. I love the part where Seso's just standing there and suddenly a Hassassin jumps out and shoots wrist blades... :tongue:

Shame they don't have Desert Attack or Battle of Alamut, although I suppose it's not too far to drive to TRU for Americans.

I wouldn't say that anymore, not for a while at least. :sceptic: The economy here is Really Bad. :sick: It is probably the worst since the 80s and it doesn't look like it is going to get much better anytime soon. So, yes it is getting to far to drive to TRU at least in my neck of the woods. :hmpf_bad: I am hoping Fred Meyer will carry them soon so that I can get them there. :classic:

Hello,

in Germany we heard rumours, that those PoP-Sets won´t be available there. Yesterday I found out, that they will start selling them for example at a veeeerrryyy big online shop (name starts with an "a" and ends with an "mazon" :wink: ) on the 8. of may. I am very glad to hear that.

I hope, this information is usefull and new for some of you. I didn´t found a thread about it here.

Have a nice day.

Markus

So, silly question I'm sure and not of interest to many, but when will they become available in the Netherlands? Not even Shop @ Home has them. Will TLG leave us so unsatisfied?

They are online at Shop@Home as of today. You'll have to search for them by their number, because the theme page isn't online yet :classic:

in Germany we heard rumours, that those PoP-Sets won´t be available there.

The same goes for Belgium and France.

well, my wallet's gotta be thanful for this, as for myself, damn, first fleshy theme i really like!

In Holland they won't be available until June :sceptic:

But I only need/want two sets (Ostrich Race and Desert Attack) so I'm gonna ask if my great aunt and -uncle from Canada bring them when they come to visit (which is in a few weeks) :blush:

Just bought the $10 set and I love how even it includes some many fantastic new parts as well as old ones in new colors.

Now that I have built all five sets.

is my favorite set. It's amazing, 80USD and 821 pieces. Barely any BURP's. The walls are okay I guess, but the gate is great and the palace is amazing. Also enjoyed the Alamut Guard minifigs. I wish they made them in the cheaper sets.
is better than I expected. It didn't look that great at first, but after I built it, I thought the set was amazing. I really like the wall with the lions heads, and the sands of time mountain part is cool too. Also a high piece count for its price.

is also great. I like this the second best. I like the whole market look, plus the camel and saddle.
is okay I guess. It's main selling point for me was the ostriches and the "civilian" minifigs.
is a nice battlepack type set. The desert structure was unappealing but I am sure everyone is only interested in the Hassasins, and new printed horse. If this set came with Alamut Guard I would have bought at least 10 of them. Overall, the Prince of Persia line has nice architecture, good price/piece ratio, and amazing

Here's hoping Prince of Persia theme gets more waves in the future.