Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

Wow, all these sets look great. So many new pieces; animals and weapons galore!

I love these claws, and the dagger looks interesting. My favorite two sets are the two buildings. The fortress looks great.

Thank you for posting the calender I am really excited about these sets. Do you think that you could put a picture of the store calendar on bricklink.com and then deeplink it? :classic: You could post a much larger picture without using up any of your memory for this forum. :classic:

Edited by Jack Bricker

I might as well post my opinion on these sets... :classic:

Overall, they're ok. This is definately a one-off theme, unless the Prince of Persia film is a massive success like Pirates of the Carribean (something I highly doubt). Prince of Persia is missing the hilarity of Johnny Depp as a pirate with a weird way of talking.. :tongue:

But anyway, I'm drifting off topic. I like the sets, but they seem kind of bland. I'll pick up The Ostrich Race (for the bare torso) but that's all I think. :sceptic:

Well the set 7573 Battle of Alamut will be the one for me to get, with that along with the new Kingdoms castle, and then say hello my own Crusades ! - AWESOME ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

This theme has so many good pieces. :thumbup: I love that there are camels and Ostrichs instead of cars, planes, etc. I like that there are alot of gold colored pieces in the sets which will be good for mocs.

I'm looking very forward to this theme. :sweet:

Edited by LegoGalactus

Well, I am very excited about these sets. I am a big Prince of Persia fan and I can just imagine the MOCs that I will build with these parts. I can hardly wait till they get out. :cry_happy:

I too can't wait for these sets... Especially the Battle of Alamut.

I'll probably buy all these sets the day they can be found in shops in the Netherlands; I just hope it will be in April already. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the gold colored pieces, but the minifigs are very cool (especially the Princess Tamina minifig). I loved playing the Sands of Time trilogy games; I only hope the movie is as good.

(...) Overall, they're ok. This is definately a one-off theme, unless the Prince of Persia film is a massive success like Pirates of the Carribean (something I highly doubt). Prince of Persia is missing the hilarity of Johnny Depp as a pirate with a weird way of talking.. :tongue:

But anyway, I'm drifting off topic. I like the sets, but they seem kind of bland. I'll pick up The Ostrich Race (for the bare torso) but that's all I think. :sceptic:

I thought Johnny Depp was funny enough in all the Pirates of the Carribean movies, but as movies, the two sequels to Curse of the Black Pearl were pretty horrendous, in my opinion. I am hoping Prince of Persia will be at least as big a success as PotC, but I especially hope it will have a better story!

I also don't agree with the fact that these sets are bland. I'm a bit hesitant about 7572 Quest Against Time, which looks to me like the weakest set of all of these, but the others are very good: varied pieces, lots of new and useful minifigs, helmets, hairstyles and torso's and even the ostriches and camels are nice, although not even the highlight of these sets.

Just seen on www.eBay.com that some of the sets are up! Search prince of Persia Lego and hey come up!

Meant to say ridiculous prices though!

Just seen on www.eBay.com that some of the sets are up! Search prince of Persia Lego and hey come up!

I wonder where he managed to obtain those?

Those are ridiculous prices. I find it strange that the seller has no other pictures other than the one we have seen(Front of the box). I don't think anyone would pay that much for any of the ones that are listed. Here is a link for faster finding.

I am a Huge Prince of Persia fan and I still would never pay $210 dollars more than the store price just so I can get the set two weeks ahead of everybody else. :sceptic: That is rediculous. :hmpf_bad: Now if they were charging $50 over I might think about it but, never $210 more. I mean just think what you could buy with $210. I could get another Imperial Flagship, the entire Prince of Persia Lego line, two of the battle of almut sets, etc... :cry_happy:

Hey all, I was on toysrus.com (USA) and the Prince of Persia Sets-Battle of Alamut, Quest Against Time, and Fight for the dagger are out of stock, at the right prices! :thumbup: it says they might be in stores, so grab 'em before they're gone.

-Santhor

Hey all, I was on toysrus.com (USA) and the Prince of Persia Sets-Battle of Alamut, Quest Against Time, and Fight for the dagger are out of stock, at the right prices! :thumbup: it says they might be in stores, so grab 'em before they're gone.

-Santhor

I already posted links to them a few days ago; and sadly they were never in stock... );

Anyways, it's nice to know that PoP is finally out.

-Santhor

Someone posted the links earlier in the thread, but I don't believe these sets ever came into stock. These listings are just placeholders, but it does look like they will be ready to sell sooner rather than later.

Edited by gunm

Someone posted the links earlier in the thread, but I don't believe these sets ever came into stock. These listings are just placeholders, but it does look like they will be ready to sell sooner rather than later.

Okay sorry--guess I just checked a few.... :cry_sad: They weren't at ToysRus either-just the junky overstocked sets from 2009. :thumbdown:

-Santhor

Well the set 7573 Battle of Alamut will be the one for me to get, with that along with the new Kingdoms castle, and then say hello my own Crusades ! - AWESOME ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

My thoughts exactly! :thumbup: Since Kingdoms only has 2 factions, I'll buy the Battle of Alamut, Fight for the Dagger, and Desert Attack (to customize w/ the blue simitar guy). Also, I've dug out my crownies and Vikings. Now if only I could find the fortress/castle pieces.. :hmpf_bad:

Bad news...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/44278...in/photostream/

Granted that this is the final set picture, Ostrich Race no longer includes a bare torso! :cry_sad: Why TLG?!!

As you said, that's only true if this is the final set. And I don't think it is. We have seen the box art for the sets and there it's clearly the bare torso, and I don't think they will change the box art.

As you said, that's only true if this is the final set. And I don't think it is. We have seen the box art for the sets and there it's clearly the bare torso, and I don't think they will change the box art.

Yes, that picture is old. Isn't it from the Hamleys site?

You can tell it's wrong since Dastan is supposed to be *in* the race, not in the commentary box!

Nothing to panic about here.

Yes, that picture is old. Isn't it from the Hamleys site?

You can tell it's wrong since Dastan is supposed to be *in* the race, not in the commentary box!

Nothing to panic about here.

Phew, well thats a relief. Thanks! :laugh:

Well, there were rumors a little while ago that there were PoP sets available in some Legoland airport store. We haven't heard anything of that ever since, so I thought it might not have been true, but I guess it was.

Either way, all things considered, it can't be long now that they are released officially.

EDIT: Corrected, with a link. (Thanks, Etzel, for finding that post!)

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well, there were rumors a little while ago that there were PoP sets available in some Legoland stores or something. We haven't heard anything of that ever since, so I thought it might not have been true, but I guess it was.

Either way, all things considered, it can't be long now that they are released officially.

That would be great but, I was just reading on brickipedia that the prince of persia line would be released on april 26th. Now I do have some reserves about brickipedia.com as far as the credibility of that information is concerned but, I just wondered if anybody else has heard that date? :classic: