Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

Um, ladies and gentlemen, have you happened to notice the strange (and disturbing) thing in 7570?

On the box, the Prince has a naked torso, wich makes a set a must at least 5 times for me. But in closer pic on Amazon he has his standart brown outfit.

That really puzzles me. Which picture are we to believe?

Have a look. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

The battle of alamut set looks fantastic :cry_happy: I really love the colour scheme. Probably it will be the only one i'll get off that theme, along with one or 2 of the smaller sets.

Anyone noticed the pearl gold scorpion?

Edited by metalandi

Im really excited about this theme, at first I thought a usefull source of interesting parts (which the smaller sets are). But now when I look at the Battle of Alamut, I am wondering if I might have difficulty taking that apart. It looks like an excellent set to display. I think these sets really soften the blow that there will be no more Indiana Jones.

No, it is definitely dark orange. Remember the pics from the Russian site showing 7572 with dark orange lions and arches? Or the one from the catalogue? Same colour. LEGO would not revive dark orange for TS and then use the same shade in the 7572 Sands of Time set and then invent a whole new colour for one set :wink:

I sincerely hope you're right. A new "butterscotch" colour would not be anything like as good as having more of that lovely dark orange colour (I *almost* have a usable amount from Adventurers and a few additions to bricklink orders, but combined with the PoP stuff it would just be a really useful amount!)

EDIT: I just took one of the photos and increased the saturation till the Lego logo and packaging looked more realistic - the butterscotch does indeed turn into something looking closer to dark orange. Please excuse the earlier short-lived panic :)

Edited by brickzone

I sincerely hope you're right. A new "butterscotch" colour would not be anything like as good as having more of that lovely dark orange colour (I *almost* have a usable amount from Adventurers and a few additions to bricklink orders, but combined with the PoP stuff it would just be a really useful amount!)

I was convinced it was dark orange, but I've heard whispers it may not be after all... :wacko:

Toy Fair is in Feb, so we should see some actual, physical sets built from bricks then... with a release date of April, they won't be prelims either (like some of the Indy models last year where the figs were all wrong).

The guys over at FBTB have made even larger resolution box art stitches than I did! All my work for nothing! :cry_sad:

Oh well, at least I was the first, and I have this shiny new tag. :grin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/4273139879/

EDIT: Their box arts are huge, so you can't see the entire thing at once. So I guess that my work is still useful! :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

The sets look like they've been taken down from Amazon, too.

Thanks, Pi and Svelte, for stitching those high-res pics together. :thumbup: The Amazon pages are down, but thanks to you two, I can still enjoy them.

The Battle of Amulet looks really great, and it's the only one I haven't seen before. I'm sure this whole line will suck up my money when they're released. I'm not so sour about this replacing Indy now. :grin:

And I'm almost positive, if those pictures are accurate, that that is not dark orange. As cool as the return of that color would be, I'm pleased with the new one, very subtle for desert scenes, and something that tan and dark tan can't do.

Well, looks like that knife is not detachable. That would have been really cool to have another knife and MOC abilities for the gauntlet thingy:

I'm not complaining. That's a claw. A three-pronged CLAW. It just screams Wolverine, something that I look forward to making once I get my hands on these.

The guys over at FBTB have made even larger resolution box art stitches than I did! All my work for nothing! :cry_sad:

Oh well, at least I was the first, and I have this shiny new tag. :grin:

Sorry guys I just don't get it how is that hard? :wacko: I do that stuff all the time it just goes Print screen, paste on paint, upload private on flickr repeat can somebody please explain this?

Sorry guys I just don't get it how is that hard? :wacko: I do that stuff all the time it just goes Print screen, paste on paint, upload private on flickr repeat can somebody please explain this?

That would just give you a larger, low resolution image. Pi used the zoom feature to get better resolution, then had to cut and paste the images numerous times until he had the correct image. At least that's how I think he did it.

That would just give you a larger, low resolution image. Pi used the zoom feature to get better resolution, then had to cut and paste the images numerous times until he had the correct image. At least that's how I think he did it.

I'm sure there's a screengrab program that can get inside the flash and get the whole hi-res version as a single image, but without it, yes, that's what I did for the 10211 pics too.

amazon has put down the sites.

yesterday they're still there.

sigh.

Edited by djo

No, it is definitely dark orange. Remember the pics from the Russian site showing 7572 with dark orange lions and arches? Or the one from the catalogue? Same colour.

Svelte, I was at Second RFFL Fest (Russian Fest with 2010 sets) and I think it's new orange-cream color, similar to dark orange. :wink:

amazon has put down the sites.

yesterday they're still there.

sigh.

Too bad. Someone save model photos (with a white background)? :look:

Edited by ForceMaster

I dunno, to me it looks like Sand Orange. :tongue:

I could see how it could be Dark Orange though, especially since the Tan (like the camel) in the picture seem too light and a couple other colors are the same way.

Like OMG, are you going to fill this whole topic with back-and-forth arguing about a color that may or may not be new? :tongue::laugh:

I'm just saying, you can theorize all you want and squint your eyes and adjust the saturation, but the truth still remains that you will not know until someone gets their hands on the actual sets and gets to compare. So what's the point of arguing about it?

And if it's that important to you guys, why not start a whole new topic for discussing just the color?

It is a new color, I am fairly certain. :wink:

It just seems too "creamy" to be normal dark orange. Hopefully we will get it in other themes as well, so that it will become more usable in MOCs.

Sandy, in fairness I think people have only been discussing it and giving their opinion, not arguing. Certainly I was intending a contribution to the topic rather than making any kind of point (as you say, none of us really know until we see the sets for real). And though the issue is obviously of some interest to some of us, I don't think anyone is freaking about it or anything enough to have a full-blown topic - as you say there's no point in seriously debating it as we don't in fact know. So it was really just some remarks in response to the new images! Give us some slack :)

Sandy, in fairness I think people have only been discussing it and giving their opinion, not arguing. Certainly I was intending a contribution to the topic rather than making any kind of point (as you say, none of us really know until we see the sets for real). And though the issue is obviously of some interest to some of us, I don't think anyone is freaking about it or anything enough to have a full-blown topic - as you say there's no point in seriously debating it as we don't in fact know. So it was really just some remarks in response to the new images! Give us some slack :)

I was being tongue-in-cheek about it, if you didn't notice. Hence the smilies. :wink:

But here's a little something I found while browsing Brickshelf, that might give you something else to talk about. I do not know if this has been discussed here before (I personally haven't seen it at least) so pardon me if it is.

p1000681.jpg

Yep, it's an ad for the theme from the early stages of development, I gather. There's certainly some recognizable parts in it, like the gate, but it's obvious that a lot of things have changed since the time this poster was made.

Interesting nevertheless, eh?

I was being tongue-in-cheek about it, if you didn't notice. Hence the smilies. :wink:

But here's a little something I found while browsing Brickshelf, that might give you something else to talk about. I do not know if this has been discussed here before (I personally haven't seen it at least) so pardon me if it is.

p1000681.jpg

Yep, it's an ad for the theme from the early stages of development, I gather. There's certainly some recognizable parts in it, like the gate, but it's obvious that a lot of things have changed since the time this poster was made.

Interesting nevertheless, eh?

I thought that that poster looked like an ad for a Lego Prince Of Persia videogame, though it's unlikely they'd do that with such a new theme...."Spiked Whip assasin" is there, too......interesting weapon. Not a great loss that he's no longer in the chepest set now.

Will/Rocketbilly

Oops! Sorry I didn't notice! :blush: Obviously I need to relax a bit!

I thought that that poster looked like an ad for a Lego Prince Of Persia videogame, though it's unlikely they'd do that with such a new theme...."Spiked Whip assasin" is there, too......interesting weapon. Not a great loss that he's no longer in the chepest set now.

Will/Rocketbilly

Yeah, it looks like an ad from the back of a LEGO Club mag and the figs do look rendered in the video game style. Since PoP was originally a video game, and LEGO loooooved licensed video games, it wouldn't surprise me if this were in the works.

Besides, it says 'Coming Soon - May' which wouldn't make sense unless this image was released this year and we've known what the Alamut artwork looks like since before Christmas. The sets are released in April, so maybe the game is timed more closely with the film.

Thanks for the image!

Yeah, it looks like an ad from the back of a LEGO Club mag and the figs do look rendered in the video game style. Since PoP was originally a video game, and LEGO loooooved licensed video games, it wouldn't surprise me if this were in the works.

Besides, it says 'Coming Soon - May' which wouldn't make sense unless this image was released this year and we've known what the Alamut artwork looks like since before Christmas. The sets are released in April, so maybe the game is timed more closely with the film.

Thanks for the image!

Indeed, the image is from the back of a 2010 catalogue that came with the January LEGO Club magazine in the UK, possibly elsewhere as well. The minifigs are CG but the palace is definitely the real thing, brick-built. The style is so different from the other announced sets that I can't believe it will be an official release. Besides it's so full of stickers it's disgusting! The expected sets seem to be pretty much devoid of stickers. There is no other mention of PoP sets in the catalog though, so this ad seems to be intended for the release of the sets themselves?

Some random trivia: I don't know if it's obvious on the scan but the right tower in the background has been raised on a non-LEGO white cylinder, to improve the picture.

:cry_sad: I hope for thousands of fan's sake that that poster is for the videogame or something. If it were the final version of the set, I would cry. :cry_sad: