Set #: 7569

Set Name: Hassasins Hide Out

Pieces: 80

Price: $US10.99

Release: April 2010

S@H: Click here

Description

• Battle against the Hassansins!
    Deep within their secret lair, the evil Hassansins plan their next attack. But little do they know that Dastan has infiltrated their hide-out with a plan of his own!
    Includes 3 minifigures: Dastan and 2 Hassansins
    Features horse, snake and skeleton
    Collect all the Prince of Persia minifigures: Dastan, Princess Tamina, Seso, Claw Hassansin, Nizam, Sheik Amar, Market Stall Owner, Asoka, Hassansin Leader, Hatchet Hassansin, Ostrich Jockey, and 2 Guards!

7570-1.jpg

Set #: 7570

Set Name: The Ostrich Race

Pieces: 169

Price: $US19.99

Description

• Who will win this wild ostrich-riding race?
    Creeping into the Valley of the Slaves, Dastan has discovered Sheik Amar’s secret den. Suddenly, with the flick of a lever, a high-speed, out-of-control ostrich race begins! As the kingdom’s outlaws gamble on the winner, can Dastan use the chaos and the very large, very fast riding birds to escape from the illusive Sheik?
    Includes 3 minifigures: Dastan, Ostrich Jockey and Sheik Amar
    Also includes a desert creature and 2 of the first-ever LEGO ostriches
    Features movable gates and traps
    Beware of the desert creature!
    Turn Dastan's head to change his expression!
    Ostriches each measure 2" (5cm) tall
    Platform measures over 4" (10cm) high
    Gates measure 5" (13cm) wide
    Collect all the Prince of Persia minifigures: Dastan, Princess Tamina, Seso, Claw Hassansin, Nizam, Sheik Amar, Market Stall Owner, Asoka, Hassansin Leader, Hatchet Hassansin, Ostrich Jockey, and 2 Guards!

7571-1.jpg

Set #: 7571

Set Name: Fight for the Dagger

Pieces: 258

Price: $US29.99

Description:

• Duel for the Dagger of Time!
    In a battle with Asoka for the powerful Dagger of Time, Dastan may have finally met his match. Here in the busy Alamut Market, will his amazing ability to run up walls and jump from balcony to balcony be enough to wrestle the dagger away? Watch out for the hidden traps and collapsing balconies!
    Includes 4 minifigures: Dastan, Princess Tamina, Asoka and Market Stall Owner
    Features LEGO camel, hidden traps and collapsing balconies
    Climb the steps to fight for the Dagger!
    Camel measures 2" (5cm) tall

7572-1.jpg

Set #: 7572

Set Name: Quest Against Time

Pieces: 506

Price: $US49.99

Description:

• Time is running out for the Prince of Persia!
    The evil Nizam has the Dagger of Time, and he’s about to release the Sands of Time to take over the kingdom! Dastan and Princess Tamina’s only chance is to jump, dodge and climb their way through a gauntlet of spinning saw blades, swinging swords and other nasty traps to reach Nizam and save the day. Insert the Dagger of Time to make the Sands of Time really light up!
    Includes 4 minifigures: Dastan, Princess Tamina, Nizam and Hassansin Leader
    Features light-up brick
    Watch out for spinning blades, swinging swords and other traps!
    Beware of trap doors and other surprises!
    Insert the Dagger of Time to make the Sands of Time really light up!
    Measures 13" (33cm) long, 7" (18cm) high and over 9" (23cm) wide!

7573-1.jpg

Set #: 7573

Set Name: Battle of Alamut

Pieces: 822

Price: $US79.99

Description:

• Battle in, on and around the mighty Alamut Castle!
    Defended by barrels of dripping oil, rock-launching catapults and fierce castle guards, Alamut Fortress will be a major challenge for Dastan and his new friend Seso. But be on your guard, because the evil Nizam and his powerful Hassansin warriors are prepared to do anything it takes to keep the Dagger of Time away from the heroic prince!
    Includes 7 minifigures: Dastan, Hassansin, Nizam, Seso, Claw Hassansin, and 2 Guards
    Features LEGO camel and special bricks with studs on wall for parkour play
    Fire the cannon!
    Enter through the working fortress gates!
    Survey the area from the balconies!
    Save the dagger from the evil Nizam!
    Beware of traps and falling debris!
    Alamut Fortress is over 8" (20cm) high!
    Alamut Fortress opens and extends an impressive 17" (43cm) wide!

Magnet set 852942:

852942-1.jpg

Dastan Key Chain 852939 :

852939-1.jpg

Princess Tamina Key Chain 852940:

852940-1.jpg

Nizam Key Chain 852941:

852941-1.jpg

Edited by Svelte
Updated with new S@H descriptions

While this is an interesting list, it really will mean nothing to me until the movie comes out. With that being said my curiosity is piqued.

Thanks for the news, darthperson! I'm looking forward to the ostriches too. :tongue:

"Duel with Daggers" sounds a little gruesome for a Lego set, but that belongs in the thread about Lego Violence.

They sound pretty good for the most part. :thumbup:

very interesting! The ostricth races sounds interesting, maybe a cheap way of getting the new ostritch.

This is one of those situations where I'll need to see the sets first to form an opinion as I know nothing about the movie or the characters and the set names don't really tell us very much. Ostrich races has obvious potential, but then again it's too early to pick a clear-cut winner here.

hopefully ostrich race is a smaller set making less expensive, and by race, i also assume that there is more than one ostrich in the set... i'll buy so many that i'll have an army of ostrich riders. haha. :tongue:

This is one of the most interesting themes in 2010 in my opinion.

I eagerly awaits some pictures of the sets :classic:

I quoted some PoP pictures that was in the Toy Story topic, they belong better here I think:

LEGOPrinceofPersia-3.jpg

LEGOPrinceofPersia-2.jpg

LEGOPrinceofPersia-1.jpg

This line promises to be very interesting. My initial reaction to hearing about a Prince of Persia theme was "er, what the..?", but after seeing the photos, I can happily say that I'm excited. The head gear is all so interesting, the girl's a babe, and there are ostriches!! May there be many sequels, and sets to match. :wub:

Has anyone noticed that the ostritch has a 2x2 sud piece on it's back so it looks like a minifigure can sit on it. I'm sorry if it's been noticed before :blush: . i think all the minifigures look awesome even if I don't know what the heck* pop is.

*You know what I said :wink:

Never in my life would I guess that we'd get a lego ostrich, even if we had gotten a Zoo theme in the last few years. Count me suprise - and very pleased. I just hope the sets are as good as the figures - because if so, than that will mean another near-flawless execution of a new 2010 licensed theme. :wink:

I am really looking forward to this theme. There's some very interesting new pieces coming. Can't wait for clear pics to become available. Along with the new Toy Story line and rumoured Star Wars sets, it looks like 2010 will be a great year for Lego and very very hard on the wallet/credit card.

These figs are great, I can hardly wait to get my grubby little paws on them :devil:

I have a small band of Slave traders, so I know that these awesome parts and minifigures will help make my collection better.

Ratshot

Edited by Ratshot

Ostrich Races sounds pretty cool. :laugh: I hope it will come with more than one Ostrich. But, it wouold be obvious, because then it wouldn't be a race would it? :tongue:

Thanks for that list darthperson!

i think all the minifigures look awesome even if I don't know what the heck* pop is.

PoP=Prince of Persia

Doing a little logical thinking helps, you know? :tongue:

What on earth? This doesn't look like Prince of Persia at all! :angry:

I don't even know what else to say, but this definitely ain't the Prince of Persia I like.

PoP=Prince of Persia

Doing a little logical thinking helps, you know? :tongue:

No I know what POP means I should've said "I don't know what the heck Prince of Persia is". I just felt like abbreviating, sorry for being unclear. anyways back on topic I think this theme has some of the best minifigures in a single theme since Indy.

What on earth? This doesn't look like Prince of Persia at all! :angry:

I don't even know what else to say, but this definitely ain't the Prince of Persia I like.

This theme is based on the upcoming movie, not the videogames you've apparently played. Hence the difference.

No I know what POP means I should've said "I don't know what the heck Prince of Persia is". I just felt like abbreviating, sorry for being unclear.

Oh, okay... Prince of Persia is a series of videogames with a movie adaptation coming up next year, starring Jake Gyllenhaal. :wub:

A film... :blush:

My bad, anyway a quick search finds that this might not be so bad, even though it's doesn't look like it's much like the games its based on...

Anyway I'm not much into system so I doubt I'll buy any of these.

Looks like we've got our first picture: Link

(Link from Black Rabbit in the Atlantis thread).

It looks like an interesting set to me, almost like the temple at the end of the last crusade.

Thanks Tinn-man!

That set looks awesome! Huge amount of regular pieces in cool colours! I don't even mind the big stupid saw wheel when it's so much other good pieces. It's a shame that they are using the troll sword as scimitars in this theme also (like in IJ), the old one from Orient Expedition is so much better IMO. The minifigs look great though, 3 new headgear and detailed printings on both torso and legs.

I wonder if this is 7572 Race against time or 7573 Battle of Alamut? I would guess the latest, the other set names doesn't fit so well.

Now I know what theme to spend my money on when Pirates no longer is. :sweet:

That set looks awesome!

Totally agreed. I didn't think I would be bothered with this theme (apart from BrickLinking some of the more usable MiniFigs and Accesories), but this set looks like a goldmine of very usable Dark Tan and Dark Blay pieces. I'm actually getting quite interested in what the other sets consist of now.

Woah! Looks really interesting. I only thought this would be usefull for my collection of own Harry Potter figures, but it seems like the sets are also nice. And not only for the cool parts, of course. I'm seeing forward to more of this. :thumbup:

My wallet is already screaming in agony. The "Last Crusade" set looks like a must-have in terms of pieces. Just a wild guess, but could the trans-yellow pieces be "The Sands of Time"?

wow this set sucks i wont buy 1 single set from this crappy theme!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

:laugh: Haha, just kidding! I pretty much agree with all what Etzel said: Great figs, great parts, great overall set! :thumbup: I would really like to get this, but there so much other great stuff on my to-buy list that I wont be able to afford it all. :sing: