Zorro

PETITION to keep the Pirates theme beyond 2010

Pirates being shelved this year was the inspiration for today's Brick. I hope The Disney PotC sets are worthy compensation. They had some nice ships and sets in those movies.

Signed,

And to reply back to the Brick Ninja,

I was thinking that myself. You would not want to have competing lines like that - just look at Megablocks, you can still find both pyrates and Pirates of the Caribbean on the shelves still, and I doubt they make them anymore. (Not that I am really paying much attention to MB)They released those both at the same time, and the ships were all cheaper for the Pyrates then the PoC... So in most cases, which do you think parents bought?

AFOL parents would have skipped them both and bought their kids some Lego set(s)

Edited by Randal

As for myself, I don't think that POTC will be a real substitute for the real pirates, but I fear that that's all we'll get in the next years

There is much more potential to the lego pirates line. The 2009 sets were great, and i would like to see some more islands and forts honestly.

SIGNED!

Just another thought that crossed my mind... lego doesn't make the bluecoats pr the armada anymore, but it came to me. I know that they dont represent actual races or groups, but they could make a new minifig that loooks similar to the east indian trading company(EITC), which fits the era well... just a thought

Edited by Nosaj

As much as it seems like a lost cause to me with POTC coming out and all, I would love to see this theme live on again.

"Stay Frosty"

Signed

Edited by Paladin Hicks

*signed*

Old petition I guess, but for Pirates, it's worth it.

Pirates is just as exciting a theme as Castle, and I daresay FAR more interesting than City.

I don't see why they ever discontinued it in the first place.

I understand that maybe having Pirates as a continuous set may harm its popularity, (continuous as in Lego City sets which are always available) but they should definitely be reoccurring at least every other year! Not wait like 10 years! If they even made similar sets to before, but had blue coats instead of read, I could die happy...well maybe not that extreme, but it would be freaking awesome!

Also, I noticed that the most recent pirates sets had (if im not mistaken and excluding battle packs and the such) unique pirates in every set! Even tho it was the same face, torso, and legs, they were always arranged so that you wouldn't get a duplicate pirate (exception being the captain) that was really sweet in that I found myself collecting pirates instead of redcoats! Normally I buy the sets for the imperials.

So lego, please bring pirates back soon. Don't let PoTC take over. I'm not really a fan of flesh colored legos anyways...

Signed.

I´m loving the Pirate theme and I hope it won´t be discontinued.

Signed.

Agreed.

Signed.

Signed !

It's my favorite theme !

Hope see more soldiers : Greencoat, Greycoat, Whitecoat

More building : Dock, Fortress, Barrack, Outpost, Market, Islands

More ships : Caravel(cheap and easy to buy), Frigate, Cruiser, ship-of-the-line(why not ?)

Edited by JeanBart974

Signed!

I do not hang around the pirates forums a lot, but I still think they are cool :pir_laugh2:

signed.

not my favorite theme but i did purchase one of all the new sets. and i always thought pirates should be one of legos evergreen themes.

not to mention the imperial flagship might just be my favorite lego set of all time.

I think Pirates is too ingrained to ever go away for good, and next year they're doing PotC, which is... you know... Piratey.

That said, Lego Pirates are awesome. If I thought they were never coming back, I'd sign, but I don't believe that.

I signed it. I hope that they bring back a new pirate theme in 2011. I would be willing to pay good money for a set with a ship bigger than the Imperial Flagship.