Zorro

PETITION to keep the Pirates theme beyond 2010

IMPORTANT!!!

Now might be a good time to remind everybody the LEGO Group is also holding an OFFICIAL online survey.

So if you want your feedback to reach the LEGO Group faster, checkout that thread and fill out the survey!

I believe the theme will stay forever, but it is being discontinued in 2010 temporarily for the time being as a marketing strategy.

Good example:

Think of the McDonald's McRib

It occasional shows up at random times for limited time only and then comes back after a long period.

Wish Pirates had sets as frequent as Lego Starwars... That would be so awesome! :pir_laugh2:

Guys, first of all, even if every AFOL in the world signed, pirates would still be on its way out. When Lego plans to stop a theme, they may not have new set plans. By the time every AFOL would sign, there would be a new pirates theme out already.

Sorry for telling you, this was back in 2009, I agree with you, but please don't BUMP!

Sorry for telling you, this was back in 2009, I agree with you, but please don't BUMP!

Actually, Mister Phes has condoned the continuation of this thread back in this post. Otherwise it would have been locked by now.

Maybe it should be retitled 'Petition to bring back pirates in 2011', since they're obviously not coming back in 2010...

Consider me a signer.

The first Legos I got were part of the now Classic Pirates theme, and the Pirates theme has been a favorite of my ever since.

That said why must such a great theme fall out of production once again, and soo soon might I add?

signed!!!

I don't know why they stopped the pirate theme like this!!!... I think that after the Flag Ship Admiral 10210, they will continue with more power and creativity

I know this is an old thread, but I was thinking about this last night while building the Imperial Flagship. . .

Lego likely stopped the pirate line so that in a year and half they can start up the Pirates of the Caribbean line. There's at least one more movie on its way (two if memory serves.) They have an agreement with Disney already. They're certainly going to capitalize on it!

Thoughts? (Maybe a new thread?)

Oh yeah, signed! Keep the pirates line!!!

Signed,

And to reply back to the Brick Ninja,

I was thinking that myself. You would not want to have competing lines like that - just look at Megablocks, you can still find both pyrates and Pirates of the Caribbean on the shelves still, and I doubt they make them anymore. (Not that I am really paying much attention to MB)They released those both at the same time, and the ships were all cheaper for the Pyrates then the PoC... So in most cases, which do you think parents bought?

I have a few fears if Lego is getting PoC. One, they will be dumbed down like many of those Harry Potter sets. I actually think the PoP sets are pretty rocking though, so maybe they will keep up the quality. And heck, if we can get two ships at decent prices, I would be very happy.

Second, PoC might last like Indy did (BTW, is LEGO done with Indy then?) Ranging three or four years and four or five movies... meaning we probably won't see Lego Pirates for another ten years. I love the movies, but I much rather see original Lego sets staring some of our past favorites and new Lego factions to come.

But, any pirates is good for me.

I know this is an old thread, but I was thinking about this last night while building the Imperial Flagship. . .

Lego likely stopped the pirate line so that in a year and half they can start up the Pirates of the Caribbean line. There's at least one more movie on its way (two if memory serves.) They have an agreement with Disney already. They're certainly going to capitalize on it!

Thoughts? (Maybe a new thread?)

Oh yeah, signed! Keep the pirates line!!!