Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

International Talk Like A Pirate Day 2009

ITLAP2008.jpg

Yargh mateys, with International Talk Like A Pirate Day 2009 only a few hours away, I thought it might make a good discussion to see what ye scruvey dogs will be gettin' up to tomorrow! Will ye just be sayin' "Ahoy" rather than good morning to everyone, or will ye be putting on a huge Piratical party? Let us know what you plan and how it pans out in this thread!

well as per every saturday im sure ill be playing alot of World of Warcraft, and therefore taking part in the ingame Pirates day fun. then in the evening ill be goin out to c my mates band play - hopefully i can find the pirate hat i had for last years pirates day to wear out again **crosses fingers**

Gar damn, that be downright disconcertin'.

I did nay reckon till 't be too late, tis 9 turns of the hour glass after noon and i be havin' nay spoken 't ou' loud.

I think I ortin' ta be made t' walk th' plank.

and I t'were really lookin' fore t' today as well. :pir-cry_sad:

I made prank calls today to a number of places pretending to be a pirate captain. :pir_laugh2:

I called the Sydney Harbour Pilot and said my ship was coming into port and I needed a pilot. When he asked what the radio frequency of my vessel was and I said I didn't have one, I just had the wind in the sails and the sweat on my crew's back, I think he started to worry a little. :pir-tongue: Then he said that I must have been calling from a mobile phone and I said that no, it was a messenger pigeon. He was like "Um..." and I wished him a happy Talk Like A Pirate Day and hung up.

Then I called Dominoes Pizza and asked for a French pizza, and when she said they don't offer French dishes I said I meant minced Frenchman. She laughed then I wished her a happy Talk Like A Pirate Day and hung up.

The funniest one was when I called a Western Australian shipyard and informed the bloke that my ship was limping into port after a firey battle with the British and the stern of my ship was so far underwater that me "toes get wet if I be goin' down to the back of me ship!" He asked what kind of ship I had and I said a 22m brig with 16 guns. He said that I was the enemy and when I asked him what he meant and he asked if I was a pirate, I said yes and asked if that was a problem. He laughed and said "well bring her in matey" and I said thanks very much and wished him a happy Talk Like A Pirate Day. :pir_laugh2:

I made a number of other calls asking for pirate supplies and looking for taverns, and I was really pleased at how well people recieved it. Everyone I called got into it and had a bit of fun, so I think there are a few people that will go to sleep tonight with a smile on their face thanks to the day where the world stops and talks like pirates! :pir-classic:

The Brickbeard's Bounty and the Black Seas Barracuda are pulling into the dock to say,

"ARRGH! TODAY IS TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!"

Everyone on Classic Pirates, happy Talk like a Pirate Day! :pir-classic: