Sign in to follow this  
Unitron6991

Goofs in the Catalog

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

While browsing the new catalog I got in the mail I noticed these:

scan0030.jpg

This is for Home One on pg 5. Luke does not come with this set, neither does Plo Kloon. Especially Plo in clone armor!.

scan0031.jpg

Here is Plo again test driving Ackbar's chair. BTW notice the captions don't match the pix.

scan0032.jpg

And who is this Mace Leia Guy with the green pants in the pirate tank?

image*

This is for Home One on pg 5. Luke does not come with this set, neither does Plo Kloon. Especially Plo in clone armor!.

image*

Here is Plo again test driving Ackbar's chair. BTW notice the captions don't match the pix.

image*

And who is this Mace Leia Guy with the green pants in the pirate tank?

I'm going to have to check mine when I get home but the tank one looks fine. It's probably the actual pirate without headgear maybe??

Either way I can't wait to check at home.

I had noticed the first two, but I hadn't seen the characters doing them I'd just seen the captions. Also, If you go to the castle section with the Dwarven battle pack, you'll notice they put the beards on backwards. :sceptic:

Lego catalogs happen to be goofy quite often, showing wrong figs and stuff.

Why there is Plo Koon in clone armor and the weird fig in the pirate tank, I think I can explain: these pictures were probably taken before the set design was completed and so they were taken with preliminary stand-in figs, both, the pirates and Ackbar are new figs in each of these respective sets so the minifigs probably hadn´t been made at the point, some early boxart of various sets has also contained black silhouettes as stand-ins for the minifigs.

I have got another goof, only a simple error in the writing but still: in a S@H catalog I got recently, with all the "10th Anniversary" sets, in the description of one set the italics of Star Wars were messed up, like this: <i>Star Wars<i/>.

Someone should have noticed that.

That's kinda funny. I've seen so many mistakes, for example, in the January 2008 catalog, Anakin Skywalker was named R2-D2 :tongue:

I dont really see these lot in mine. In New Zealand we get them later than you and they must see the errors and change them before we get them. They are funny though :laugh:

scan0030.jpg

And the Luke fig isn't in the set either! :laugh:

And the Luke fig isn't in the set either! :laugh:
He knows that, computerbug. :wink: Edited by booger540

I noticed these quickley :tongue: may have gotten some peliminary pics in it from before they had the right minifigures but i still dont know why luke is in it :wacko:

I noticed Luke a couple of months ago in the german catalogue. What I found very interesting (except the fact it is obviously preliminary) is that this fig is accurate but never existed. There is no fleshy post-Tatooine Episode VI Luke. (This sounds is a bit nerdy.. :laugh: )

I noticed Luke a couple of months ago in the german catalogue. What I found very interesting (except the fact it is obviously preliminary) is that this fig is accurate but never existed. There is no fleshy post-Tatooine Episode VI Luke. (This sounds is a bit nerdy.. :laugh: )
Jabba's Sail Barge. :wink:

Jabba's Sail Barge. :wink:

And the Death Star.

@Big Cam - it is not the pirate with out headgear. It is an ugha warrior face from Indiana Jones on a Hoth Leia body with sand green pants. In the physical catalog it's quite apparent.

I've found at least 20 mistakes in LEGO catalogs from 2008-2009. I really need to post them up sometime... :grin:

Here are some old pictures from Flickr (I posted them back in January):

3205973881_3a7ed7a09f.jpg

LEGO made a HUGE mistake in the January 2009 catalog (USA). They said that the 6212 X-Wing measures 4" wide and 6" long. Those must be really small bricks and minifigs!

3205997949_a042a7869e.jpg

In the Holiday 2008 catalog, there's a description of Vader's TIE Advanced in the picture of the 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer.

3205997959_b462a96afe.jpg

LEGO put the wrong minifig at the top of the page for the 8960 Power Miners Thunder Driller (January 2009 catalog).

Others that I don't have time to put up with pictures and descriptions:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32143784@N08/...n/pool-ilikepi/

Enjoy! :classic:

Also, shouldn't this belong in the LEGO News and General Discussion forum?

Edited by ILikePi

I just noticed that on page 6/7 (UK catalogue) three of the sets have 216 pieces when they should really have different amounts.

Well Luke was in the Home One when Admiral Ackbar was speaking...

But I am 1000% positive that Plo Koon died on Cato Nemoidia :grin:

Lego sure messes up a lot :sadnew: by the way is this a fall catalog? If it is can you tell me what is on the cover,and if the power miners cave crusher is in there?

Yeah, there are some pretty epic fails in the catalog (and even on S@H) usually. :laugh: I don't know why they used Plo Koon as Ackbar and Luke as Madine. Maybe they didn't have the official figs at hand when they took the pics for some reason and just used ones that would look similar on a small pic. Who knows.

Also, shouldn't this belong in the LEGO News and General Discussion forum?

I agree. There may be a lot of mistakes in the SW section, but there are mistakes all over the catalog usually. So, could you please move this KimT? :classic:

is this a fall catalog? If it is can you tell me what is on the cover,and if the power miners cave crusher is in there?

It has the Tantive IV on the cover, and sadly the CC aint in it.

Goofs every year. Also some bad photoshopping from time to time and layers which should have been hidden but weren't.

It has the Tantive IV on the cover, and sadly the CC aint in it.
Sorry Oky but Cloud City is long gone :tongue:

Sorry Oky but Cloud City is long gone :tongue:

"It's a Trap!

You are clearly mistaken, Ras, it isn't Cloud City he's reffering to, but Café Corner. :grin:

You are clearly mistaken, Ras, it isn't Cloud City he's reffering to, but Café Corner. :grin:
This is the Star Wars Forum, so how can I be misstaken?

Café Corner can be discussed someplace else. No idea where to find that :wink:

Plus I am an Admin, so I am always right :grin:

Get back on target!

This is the Star Wars Forum, so how can I be misstaken?

Café Corner can be discussed someplace else. No idea where to find that :wink:

Plus I am an Admin, so I am always right :grin:

Get back on target!

admin pwnt.

:thumbup:

In the recent catalogue they had the Blue Clone troopers, rebel hoth troopers and others included in the Endor Bunker set. Going back a bit in the Sail Barge set they indicated that the painted Boba Fett would be included. However this has only ever been released in the Cloud City set. I guess lego get whatever figures they can find at the time of the photo to indicate the sets. If they get if wrong too bad.

Sometimes they even change the body of the figure in their sets. Once I got a clone E2 body in lieu of a snowtrooper body in the Millenium Falcon set. It doesn't worry me now since the Hoth Battle Pack (large) set come out this year. However at the time it was really annoying.